Delivery of Display Pro XDR

chfilm

macrumors 68030
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Was the nano version the same clarity and vibrance as the standard, in your view?
I would say yes. I ordered the nano and hope it was the right choice.
There’s something about the way how videos look on this display how I’ve never seen them before, like almost like physical film material or something.

Reactions: paulchiu

chfilm

macrumors 68030
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
The 2 XDR are pointed at different angles. They can't be that different even with the Nano coating. Was it this dramatic in person?
It seems on these pix there was a big window right behind the person who took the photo, so I would assume that In fact they will look so dramatically different because the nano really has ZERO reflections while the regular one is like a mirror. Imagine the surface of the nano as if someone printed Mac OS on some high quality matte but somewhat shiny photo paper and glued it to the screen ;) only with moving images like in a Harry Potter wall painting.

paulchiu

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
Has anyone taken delivery on the nano version and tried cleaning the glass? Is it really only wipeable with the included special Apple cloth? Just what material is that cloth?

MacBookPro.User

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2011
Is anyone with the Nano version going to use liquid to clean it even though Apple doesn't recommend using any liquid?

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2019
Gonna need a cover to keep the cleaning people from hitting it with whatever rag/cleaner they use to wipe down the desk.
I have never in my life had office cleaning people TOUCH anything on a desk, let alone electronics. They don't want to be blamed for anything missing, and don't want to be held liable for anything getting broken. They never touch desks or anything on them. Sorry, but this is a bogus concern.

inflame93

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
When did you order your standard version? I ordered mid Dec and still ETA says Feb 4 - Feb 11
I ordered mid december too with the same ETA, mine shipped yesterday

Oddly, one shipped 6 hours later than the other on the same order with different tracking

RyanFlynn

Contributor
Nov 24, 2006
Los Angeles
The displays and stands are IN STOCK at melrose Mac in Los Angeles. Picked one up today, he said they have 37 stands left. Wouldn’t say how many displays.
- - Post merged: - -

Got the stand today, cancelling Apple care haha
5DFE54F7-D868-4517-A6E5-1A3B1AD10761.jpeg

Keith Rondinelli

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2016
I ordered my standard XDR on December 20th. The "arrive" window was Feb 12-28. This morning, it suddenly switched to "preparing to ship" with an arrival window Jan 28-30! But, troublingly, the stand still says Feb 12-28. This is the problem with selling a monitor and a stand separately. Apple really should have sold the monitor with the stand, and just allowed people to opt out of the stand instead of opting in. I can only hope that the stand will ship soon.

Reactions: paulchiu

paulchiu

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
I ordered my standard XDR on December 20th. The "arrive" window was Feb 12-28. This morning, it suddenly switched to "preparing to ship" with an arrival window Jan 28-30! But, troublingly, the stand still says Feb 12-28. This is the problem with selling a monitor and a stand separately. Apple really should have sold the monitor with the stand, and just allowed people to opt out of the stand instead of opting in. I can only hope that the stand will ship soon.
Same boat as you. Got Apple Card charge last night for the XDR but monolith stand still Feb 4 - Feb 11
Guess we will be like @RyanFlynn

paulchiu

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
HD buttercup I believe
- - Post merged: - -

The stands and monitors are in stock at melrose Mac in Los Angeles. I literally just walked in and picked it up
Not sure if NYC have them in Apple Stores. Even if the stands are there, I will lose half of the 6% Apple Cash rebate.