Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nico1696

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2022
Hello,
I created an app for a company, which just wants to see some data about statistics etc.. In that app you have to provide an token/password to see the statistics. So no everyone as access to the data. I tried to push It on the App Store but Apple refused because It is a "app for buisness employees" and they said I should use Apple Buisness Manager.
However the company want to use the app on private devices for the employees (10-20 devices). On Android I just spread the apk but on iOS I need some different solution. Testflight is not an option because It deletes the build every 90 days and I need to push a new than again. Ad-Hoc requires the device ID which can be difficult for the employees (they want simple solution) and is also limited for 1 year on Ad-Hoc.
I heard about BYOD but how does this exactly work? Do I have to get the physical device and install some software first (not the solution the company wants)? Can you just add BYOD with email to Apple Buisness Manager? And I also assume I have to get "Enterprise" which costs something like 300 a year.
Best way would be Testflight (E-Mail send) without limitation of 90 days.

nico1696

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2022
Thank you for your reply, unlisted app is pretty much what I need, I already contacted the support for this. However If for some reason It gets rejected:

I also heard of Microsoft App Center, where you can publish your App, too. Anyone got experience with this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.