Did you get an iPod touch for Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by infosprt, Dec 24, 2007.

1. infosprt macrumors regular

Hi,

iPod touch survey...

Did you get an iPod touch for Christmas?

If so what are your first impressions of it?

Did you get an 8GB or 16GB?

Do you plan on hacking it?

What country do you live in and what is your primary language.

Thank you.

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I bought a nano as a gift for my nephew. The touch is a too expensive gift. Even the nano is way too expensive but he needed a new mp3 player and I wanted to give him an iPod. The shuffle was a bit too simple.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. SavageMac macrumors member

nah, ipods are not expensive gifts. they're so common these days.

tricked out mac pros are expensive gifts

5. GoodWatch macrumors 6502a

GoodWatch

In my part of the world it is still 24 December :p

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

guess everything is relative. to me 400 dollars is a lot of money on a gift lol. i mean its 80 burritoes at big city

7. akm3 macrumors 68020

Yes I did!

Now I have to learn how to Jailbreak it, and exactly which apps become available that would make me want to.

I have a very cool wife.

-Allen

8. bill-gates macrumors member

bill-gates

9. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Actually I did. My brother gave me a 16gb one. I don't plan on hacking it, and I live in Norway.

10. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I don't know, I will have to let you know tomorrow:D

11. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Did you get an iPod touch for Christmas? Yes

If so what are your first impressions of it? It is an AMAZING device and I love every minute that I use it. Definately one of the best things I have ever owned.

Did you get an 8GB or 16GB? 16

Do you plan on hacking it? No I am waiting for the SDK so that I can download apps legally and with apples support

What country do you live in and what is your primary language. USA - English

12. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Yes...

Yes, I got a 16Gb (in New Zealand). I also have a question for the touch-heads here...

Most websites are absolutely find (google news, for example). However, when I try to connect to my own website www.nzmeccano.com, I get pages that are just over a week out of date. How can this happen? Accessing from any other computer (using IE or Firefox) they're fine and include updates from yesterday.

The more I think about this the more confused I get. Where on earth is the ipod getting these old web pages from?

Merry Christmas everyone...

Charles

13. infosprt thread starter macrumors regular

Merry Christmas to you.

The page I see on my iPhone has the last entry as Dec 16, 2007

14. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Just to be clear so no one gets misinformation from your post, hacking your iPod touch IS NOT ILLEGAL. You won't get any support from Apple for you hacks, but it won't voide your warranty either, as long as the problem you're having isn't a result of the hack. (For example, if your backlight burns out or something hardware issue like that it'll still be covered by your warranty - just restore it to fault settings first).

15. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Same here... are you sure you're not looking at a local cache of the page or something?

16. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I didn't mean it as legally as in the law. I meant it like legally fairly. I want to be able to not cheat apple to get that stuff and support their work. I'm pretty happy with what comes on the iPod Touch stock right now anyway.

17. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

That is strange indeed...I used both my iMac and iPhone to navigate to that site and they both have December 16th as the last updated entry...

I seem to recall something similar on my iPhone one time...I can't remember exactly, but I seem to recall it bringing up old websites. Sorry that isn't more helpful.

18. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

How are you cheating Apple of anything by hacking the touch? The majority of the software that is available for the touch is not written by Apple nor is Apple selling a competing product. The exception is the iPhone apps, which you can't buy anyways, so you're not cheating Apple of anything.

In fact, in my opinion, Apple is cheating touch owners by artificially limiting what the touch can do and locking people out of using their touch to its fullest potential.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I did not get an iPod Touch but I got touched. Does that count?

20. SquareHead macrumors newbie

SquareHead

Hi. I'm new here because I bought myself an ipod touch for Christmas.

I was in Circuit City & decided to buy them for my 2 oldest sons (13&10), and as I was standing in line, sent the guy back to get me another. I would have had too much tech envy on Christmas morning.

I have had to use it on the down low for the past few days with everyone home, but I finally get to use it out in the open tomorrow morning.

Great site.

21. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

My step-daughter is getting an 8G to upgrade from a 4G mini...

22. pungohboy macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I got one from my boss. 8gb. Got it Friday @12 it was hacked by 3pm after 1 restore. I am in North Carolina. I like it alot can't complain it was free. A few things I would like different, but nothing major.

23. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

bloody rich country where we live, ipod is not expensive gift. somebody give a car you know. I didn't buy any ipod for this Christmas gift. there are too much ipod stuff around me. so I gave somebody totally different one.

24. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Well thanks for the confirmation that I'm not going mad. But that site has been updated several times a day and the current update is 24th December. The pages on there are ridiculously out of date! If you check on a PC it's fine -- is this some Safari thing? I communicate regularly with all sorts of people around the world who help with updates on that site and they can all see the changes the instant they're applied. Of course, 99% of them are on PCs. I pay for the disk space on the web server, and can see exactly what files are there. How is it that someone else is mirroring these sites, out of date, and serving them to the itouch (and Mac, from what you say)???

If you or anyone else can remember what the issue is I'd love to hear it...

Charles

25. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Spoke too soon. Just checked again (10 minutes after last time), and the website is now completely up to date on the itouch. How very weird. Lovely that it's working, but I'm still utterly bemused as to what happened...

Charles