Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

straleno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Got my 4S from UPS first thing this morning, went through the set-up... and no service. My old 3G now has no service, either, so something seems to be in the works, but it's been almost an hour and my new one still has no service.

I saw that this happened to some iP4 people last year.

So, did your service come on right away? Anything I can/should do?
Thanks.

LeeRod

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Michigan
HAven't been able to get mine yet. I got through everything and wait for a while and then it says:

"Your activation is still pending. You will receive and email notification once your activation is complete.

We're sorry. There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later"

So do I keep trying or wait for the email?? :confused:

My old iPhone is still active.

cmm26red

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
HAven't been able to get mine yet. I got through everything and wait for a while and then it says:

"Your activation is still pending. You will receive and email notification once your activation is complete.

We're sorry. There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later"

So do I keep trying or wait for the email?? :confused:

Same here, I can make an emergency call, start over, check wifi settings, or wait, going to take the later and hope it resolves quickly...

sunny240

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Got the same thing. Still waiting after 15 minutes. Hopefully, it won't be longer than 30.

Update: Just restarted the process again and it went through.

Last edited:

LeeRod

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Michigan
Well I tried again after may last post and have made it past that point. Just finished the restore form my old phone and it is now activated. My guess is that a lot of phones are all trying to get activated right now. :)

macworkerbee

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Same thing just happened to me but I kept doing the start over option and just got it to go through. Restoring now....

ninjapirate

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Maybe a dumb question...

I'm having the same issue. I get that message of activation pending and an email being sent to me. How have you guys "started over"? Would love to try again and see if I can sneak through...

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
After waiting a while and trying to active it with the phone connected to iTunes, I decided to "start over" from the phone itself and it worked. Restoring/syncing now. :)

----------

I'm having the same issue. I get that message of activation pending and an email being sent to me. How have you guys "started over"? Would love to try again and see if I can sneak through...

On the phone screen, it should give you an option to start over.

blkonblk17

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
Still trying, First on phone then on computer.

ScreenShot2011-10-14at104657AM.png

IMG_0001.png

ninjapirate

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks Anthony. It was weird, I was just getting a screen with no option really, but to wait.

IMG_0001.png

Realized I could still try from iTunes on my computer, and when I plugged it in, it worked!! Restoring from backup now... :D

alvarez16

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
I've got a feeling tonight will be even worse...

I agree ^^. As the day goes on, more and more people will be activating (especially people getting home from work). On top of that, by this time the AT&T servers will be overloaded. I hope I can activate mine.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
Haven't been able to activate the phone solo yet, will try with iTunes now..

edit update: activation via iTunes resulted in the following onscreen message:

"Your activation is still pending. You will receive an email notification once your activation is complete.
We’re sorry. There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later." :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.