DigiTimes: Apple Suppliers Gearing Up for iPhone SE 2, But iPhone 12 Production May Fall Behind Schedule [Updated]

Freida

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2010
if you are serious then please go to S20. If your standards are this low that S20 is good option for you then I'm surprised you are still here.
S20 is DOA gimmick product. Nothing more, nothing less.
People going for S20 are ..... well, I can't say but I'm sure we all know :)
:p

If you are joking though then ahahah, thats funny :-D

more reason some may switch to the new Samsung S20.

iemcj

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2015
Eh who cares, the 11 (any version) is already an absolute unit of a phone. We've reached the point of rapidly diminishing returns and unless Apple radically redesigns the body to be thicker and carry a larger battery (doubtful) there's not much to be improved upon. Take your time apple.

There are millions of iPhone 7’s on eBay that should serve that demographic.
Hey I'm selling one on there! Yay!

NMBob

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Call me arrogant but why should their flagship model EVER be effected by the production of a $300 dollar budget phone? Apple shouldn’t be producing those anyway, waste of resources and time. There are millions of iPhone 7’s on eBay that should serve that demographic.
Think of the increase in the number of beta-testers there will be with all of those cheap phones coming online. iOS will finally become perfect! :)

JPack

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2017
Pretty serious delaying the EVT process, especially for a new iPhone with 5G.

I wouldn't be surprised if became a paper launch in September with shipping dates in October or November.

Reactions: centauratlas

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
Yup, I remember you mentioning that you’re interchangeable with your platforms, I’d say you’re more of a rare breed that does something like that, but has the best of both worlds also in the same respect experiencing technology that one over the other.

I just don’t believe that just because if latest smart phone might delayed, someone says ’Well, I give up, I’m going to switch platforms entirely’. I just think in today’s day and age of technology with ecosystems, it’s not that easy anymore.
I agree with you. It’s expensive and there’s a bit of a learning curve to switching platforms entirely. People are just likely to hold onto their current iPhone until the new ones are available. Heck, I checked with my carrier and 5G is at least a year away from being deployed where I live and it’s got piecemeal deployment even in the nations capital.

Reactions: centauratlas

Justanotherfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2018
I hope the rumors that these issues can’t be smoothed out in the 7 months prior to launch fool enough ignorant investors to sharply decrease stock price- so Warren & I can snatch up more! =)

Reactions: NMBob

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Many people want new. Warranty, clean.
Unfortunately, some people can’t afford “new.” And that’s okay. But why should the people who are contracted to receive a new phone every year, on the same month have the inconvenience of waiting longer for a flagship product?

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Don't call it the SE2 unless it is identical to the classic SE in form factor (home button, size, headphone jack) with only the guts upgraded. If it truly is still a "SE", then this is GREAT news!!!

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Call me arrogant but why should their flagship model EVER be effected by the production of a $300 dollar budget phone? Apple shouldn’t be producing those anyway, waste of resources and time. There are millions of iPhone 7’s on eBay that should serve that demographic.
Read the article. The potential delay of the 12 has nothing at all to do with the “SE2”
- - Post merged: - -

Unfortunately, some people can’t afford “new.” And that’s okay. But why should the people who are contracted to receive a new phone every year, on the same month have the inconvenience of waiting longer for a flagship product?
Because there’s a deadly epidemic that’s affecting the engineering schedule. And your contract doesn’t specify what month the new iPhone will be available. If there is a delay, you’ll have to somehow figure out how to live with it. Life is really tough sometimes.

Last edited:

Cosmosent

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
La Jolla, CA
I believe ALL planned 2020 AAPL products will be Announced as (internally) scheduled, & with a NO Availability Date (i.e., NO specific Release Date) !

I believe that would be the prudent move.

Those interested will simply need to monitor Release on a day-by-date basis.

Justanotherfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2018
Ummmmmm...... because of this virus that’s been in the news, as of late. You somehow missed that in this article & the millions of others mentioning it???
You crawled out from under the rock you’ve apparently been hiding under, to post- so go ahead and treat yourself! Take 5 minutes to catch up on what’s going on in the world!!

edit:
To be clear- I don’t buy into believing there will be a delayed launch in September... but if this epidemic gets worse- I’m definitely not so selfish & self-involved that my only thought would be: “that’s so unfair and inconvenient to my normal phone upgrade plans!”.

Last edited:
Reactions: iemcj and DailySlow

The Barron

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
I read in the New York Times today that China believes that the spread of the virus is slowing and that other regions of the country may be able to resume production soon. We are far enough out from June that I think they could still meet the deadlines.
So China is telling us the disease spread is slowing? Sure! 😆
- - Post merged: - -

Exactly. Remember how long people held out for a white iPhone 4?
No

nattK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
I believe ALL planned 2020 AAPL products will be Announced as (internally) scheduled, & with a NO Availability Date (i.e., NO specific Release Date) !

I believe that would be the prudent move.

Those interested will simply need to monitor Release on a day-by-date basis.
Tim Cook: "... and that is the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max. The best iPhones we've ever created. Available later this fall."

:eek:

Peza19

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2019
I’m excited to see the new ‘cheaper iPhone’ and the new 5.4” model, again if it’s affordable and not at the 999 price bracket.
Shame the virus is causing so much trouble, one does hope it won’t claim many more victims. Unfortunately as I understand it has an incubation period of several days, so by the time you show symptoms you’ve spread it around.

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
This happened with the X back in 2017, so nothing new. They can take their time, I'm enjoying my Pro Max.
I had the 10s Max last year but found it to be too big for me. This year with the 11 Pro and Pro Max having similar battery performance, I figured it was worth it to downgrade. Much better fit for me personally, but to each their own!

JPack

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2017
Maybe it'll be made in India?
India is assembling iPhones on a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) basis. In other words, the parts kits are sent from China to India in an IKEA fashion because India has no capability to manufacture. The issue here is suppliers, not assemblers.

Reactions: JosephAW

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
The 5.4" iPhone 12 would be 123.8mm x 58.6mm, which is the same size as the iPhone SE. So imagine an SE without any bezel, and that's the smallest iPhone 12.

I dig it. Definitely getting rid of my hand-me-down X for it.