:( Dirty Money Making Scheme Protest

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Euanp, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Euanp macrumors newbie

Sorry, why should I pay anything for an update for my iTouch? This sucks. Don't say people who won't pay are cheap; this is a blatant money making scheme. We've already paid, why should us early adopters be punished? :eek: Yes; Apple are a business but that doesn't give them the right to exploit customers. Please don't turn into Micro$oft. :( We shouldn't put up with this as consumers. Please don't be blinded or star struck by the rest of the conference which has attempted to make nothing of this. It may only be $20 but we shouldn't put up with this, which should have been on the original product but they didn't have time! Of course, new buyers won't have to pay so it's win-win for apple. Money from new customers and theft from their loyal ones. NO MORE MICROTRANSACTIONS! We can stop this if shout loud enough.

2. vwDavid macrumors regular

I concure. Where is the app[le complaint URL when you need it.

Just post it here and I'll click it all day long...

3. Euanp thread starter macrumors newbie

Opps I guess this is what you get when you're a newb and angry. Sorry :)

4. delude macrumors 6502

Right, get a petition going and then once everybody is signed up we should spam the feedback form with the link.

This is terrible! Its just going to want to make more people go against Apple and Jailbreak!

5. vwDavid macrumors regular

Feedback sent!

6. kshott macrumors member

kshott

7. CorTeX macrumors member

8. wannabe07 macrumors member

Complete and total BS. What is SJ trying to do: screw the people who pay his salary????

9. McBoberts macrumors newbie

Man, I was really excited when I went on :apple:.com and saw the new Touch update.

Then my heart sank when I saw the price. Totally sucks.

Anyone know if you can use your iTunes gift card on the upgrade?

10. jasonmac21 macrumors member

Price is horrible. I already sent feedback and encourage everyone else to do the same.

11. uburoibob macrumors regular

It's ONLY $20!!!!! What is wrong with you people. You'll spend that on a couple of mochafrappucinos at Starbucks. All that new software for less than 5% of the original purchase price. Whatta bunch of whiners. If you can afford $400 for an iPod, what's all the griping about $20 that extends its usefulness 10-fold? Geez! Or did your mommy and daddy buy you the iPod?
    :rolleyes:

12. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I can afford the $20 no problem, the fact is they should've gave us those programs in the first place. Then make us pay for them, after we've already boughten the $400 device. Then, on top of it, give it free to new owners. This has nothing to do with money or the price.

If you're loose on who you give your money too, send it on my way. It can help pay for the new graphics card I just bought.

13. McBoberts macrumors newbie

Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I should have to pay for it.

This update should be free especially for people who bit the bullet and adopted the device in its infancy.

14. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

While it does suck for those of you that have to do it, you are paying for a software upgrade. I've never heard anyone complain that a new version iWork costs money. No one (rationally) complained that Leopard wasn't free.

It's only $20.

15. McBoberts macrumors newbie

If its free for new users, it should be free to veteran users.

16. christopher3071 macrumors regular

Ridiculous

I find it utterly atrocious that apple wants to charge me $20 for applications that they gave away on the iphone. That is absolute bull. A factor that made me buy the iPod touch was because apple said that they had other features down the line that they would be adding. I didn't expect to have to pay for such applications! I gave them $400+ of my money for an iPod touch and THEY WANT MORE?!?! Jailbreak it is. I am very pissed off. I love apple and have always granted them praise, but this is an outrage.

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i guess some people will defend apples every decision...

18. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

-Sent in the $20 already- its cheap enough and it has some good updates. I rather send in 20 instead of buying a new touch for the updates.

19. kshott macrumors member

kshott

It's just bad form on Apple's part man. It's so blatantly planned. Wait until right after Xmas when they KNOW so many people will be getting the Touch as a gift, and then spring this on them.

I got the $20, but I damned sure ain't givin' it to Apple.

20. md63 macrumors 6502

How does Apple track your purchase date?

I assume existing inventory of iPod Touch can be upgraded for free with these 5 applications. How does Apple track when the item was purchased? I bought two iPod Touch for Christmas, but only used one. The second unit is still unopened. If I registered the second unit today would I get the upgrade for free on the second unit? I purchased from Amazon and can still return both if that is required.

Thanks

21. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

That's a good point.

I guess if it was $99 I would understand the outrage, but for $20 all I'd be is a little bummed.

22. Pablo macrumors regular

This really is curious. I wouldn't think the $20 would be worth the loss of goodwill that they are sure to see. They didn't charge for the update to the Apple TV, so why for the iPod?

23. christopher3071 macrumors regular

Because

Because apple tv's update is totally free. That's why. Apple's greedy. Simple

24. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Steve Jobs: Give me $1000... oh and just one more thing... I'll give you this VERY super cool... sticker. Limited supply, so come quick!

Guy1: ALL RIGHT! *gets out credit card*

:rolleyes: