disadvanteges of purchasing white iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Nov 8, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

so im about to go ahead and take advantage of my upgrade and get the 4S

ive got a black iphone 4 and wanted the white iphone this time, though wanted to be sure there are no problems that have surfaced with the white one right? white paint coming off etc??

doubt it just thought id make sure

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

None that I can think of or have heard. Love mine.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You might get called a girl for having a white iPhone

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I used to have a black iphone 4, but now I own a white iphone 4S. Gotta love the white one.

First off, white paint is underneath the glass so you won't have an issue there, maybe the molding on the sides if you drop it.

----------

Just because you have a white iphone 4/4S doesn't mean you are a girl. It is just a color preference. I know a lot of guys out there with white iphones.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I know it's a preference but if you have read the million threads on here about people not wanting to purchase a white iPhone because they are afraid of being called a girl. If you also read my sig you would know I also have a white iPhone and I could care less what people say. You buy what you like and not what other people think.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The only issue you might face is the white rubber part around the edges of the phone getting dirty. Otherwise, go for it! It looks great.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Your sig. only says iphone 4S 32GB, I don't see anywhere you mention you have a white :eek:

8. antman2295 macrumors 6502

No problem here... I LOVE MY WHITE IPHONE 4S!

9. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

This was the issue I had. I had a white iPhone 4 and it started to get discoloration after about 3 months. Also, any slight dings were very noticeable.

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

It does now. Sorry thought I had changed it.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Now you have a white iphone 4S 32GB ;)

12. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

You have to admit, it's kind of girly looking.

[​IMG]

13. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Disadvantage... you'd have the phone all the cool kids have. Definitely go for black!

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I disagree. I think white looks classy. As does black.

This looks girly looking:
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I don't even kn.... :eek:

15. Bluehinder macrumors member

16. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

What camera app is that in that picture?

17. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

The white rubber part discoloring and the plastic home button discoloring. No worries though, I already found a skin that covers the rubber part and the home button. :)

18. Jason black macrumors regular

19. Lightey macrumors regular

People need to stop caring about what others' think. If they call you a girl, does that make you a girl? No.

20. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I think the white looks awesome. The paint won't come off as it's under the glass, so no worries there. :) The only complaint I have with white is that the white backplate on the back of my black iPhone 4 (yeah, oreo edition :D) is a little brown around the edges. However, this can be solved with a simple cleaning solution.

I didn't realize that the color of someone's phone was indicative of the set of genitalia they possess. Thanks!

21. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I originally bought the 4S in Black, but seeing I've had the 4 in black, I wanted a change so I went for the White. :D

22. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I ordered a white 64 gig to match my white iPad2. I've had no problem with it and use it every day in all sorts of environments.

Anyone calls me "girly" because of my white iPhone and I'll hit them with my Waterfield man bag. :D

23. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

From my experience, I couldn't find a case that I liked to go with it. I had the white bumper on it but didn't want that as a permanent thing. I would see all these good looking cases that went well with the black Iphone, so I returned it today and got me black one and happy again. Don't get me wrong, the white iphone looks great but just wasn't for me.

24. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Not to mention what it says about the people who think calling someone or being called a girl or girly is supposed to be some kind of insult.

25. NoHo macrumors 6502

The only thing I regret about my white 4S is that there aren't many white iPhone cases that cover the whole phone, so if there's a case you want, chances are, it's only in black and will only cover the back and the sides so you have an iPhone that is 2 different colors. Probably not a big deal for most people, but I like my iPhone to be a solid color, either white or black.

I planned on just getting the black otterbox defender if I felt like making my phone black for a bit, and while the defender does a great job, it still leaves a white outline around the screen so you have an all black phone with a white border on the screen.

Other than that, the white iPhone is gorgeous. I only put it in a case when I'm out and about. At home, it's naked and beautiful.