Disney's Expanded 'Movies Anywhere' Service Puts All Your Movie Content in One Place

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 11, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Disney's free Movies Anywhere service is expanding thanks to partnerships with Fox, Sony Pictures, Universal, and Warner Bros, allowing customers who purchase movies from services like iTunes and Amazon Video to watch all of their content in one place using the Movies Anywhere apps.

Disney has been using Movies Anywhere for Disney, Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm titles since 2014, but now the available content library has greatly expanded. The new Movies Anywhere service replaces the existing Disney version.

[​IMG]

With a Movies Anywhere account, Movies Anywhere content purchased from Google Play, Amazon Video, iTunes, and Vudu can be accessed the service. It can also be used for digital content that comes alongside physical copies of DVDs or Blu-Rays so long as they're from Disney or one of its partner studios.

There are Movies Anywhere apps for the Apple TV and iOS devices, and the service is limited to the United States at the current time.

While most movie studios are on board, allowing users to watch more than 7,300 titles, Paramount and Lionsgate have yet to sign up.

Users who sign up for Movies Anywhere and connect their accounts with one digital retailer can get access to Ice Age and Ghostbusters (2016) for free. With two accounts added to the service, users can also get access to Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, and The Lego Movie at no cost.

Article Link: Disney's Expanded 'Movies Anywhere' Service Puts All Your Movie Content in One Place

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

That's nice but Disney needs to step up their 4K HDR streaming titles.

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Ghostbusters (2016) free? Still not worth it.... man that movie owes me $10 for watching it.

4. farewelwilliams macrumors 65816

Situation:
    There are 14 places to watch videos

14?! Ridiculous! We need to develop one universal place to watch videos

Soon:

Situation:
    There are 15 places to watch videos

==============

seriously though, I wish they did this with games. i must have bought grand theft auto 5 at least 3 times already.

5. Cloudkicker macrumors regular

Cloudkicker

Nice logo.

Attached Files:

6. ngaham macrumors regular

ngaham

I don't see a place to sign up. Am I missing something?

7. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

The site was live earlier, but it’s been taken down. I’m sure it will be up again tomorrow (Thursday).

8. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

Yay I can buy Blu-ray’s from Sony and Warned Bros again! I stopped since they quit offering iTunes digital copies.

9. jdillings macrumors 65816

This is great news! This means you can buy movies on whatever service you want (Amazon Video, Google Play, iTunes or Vudu) and then watch them on any of the services. For example, buy a movie cheap on Vudu and then have it automatically added to your iTunes account.

10. FoxMcCloud macrumors 6502a

11. kliface macrumors newbie

Sounds great, but this will be just another app to watch movies through, right? It would be great if it worked like the current Disney Movies Anywhere service where movies that you have purchased or redeemed just show up in your library. It's only slightly inconvenient to have to open that one app to watch everything.

12. FoxMcCloud macrumors 6502a

It does as far as im aware. Movies bought in tunes show up in google play etc

13. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I can only like this comment once. I feel this bears repeating on the top of each page of comments.

14. kliface macrumors newbie

Right, it does NOW, but this sounds like it will be yet ANOTHER app to go to. Movies should just be in your library, but I doubt it will be that way.

15. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

Right you have to download the app or go to the website first and set up and link all of your accounts. But after that any movie you purchase at VUDU, Amazon, Google, or iTunes will just be in your purchased history for each retailer. So you can go into your purchased section in iTunes and see something you purchased from Amazon. So once you setup everything you don't have to go back to the Movies Anywhere app.

16. b11051973 macrumors regular

Got an account setup. I connected my Apple, Google and Amazon accounts. VUDU keeps failing when I try to connect.

17. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

The last three movies I purchased had digital copies which were only available on Vudu. Pissed me off. I want my whole collection on Itunes so it's on all of my devices. Called the company, they said they're sorry, but I can stream it anywhere. I asked how that worked on planes. Crickets.

If they're going to make up a million services to store our digital media, at least have reciprocal agreements with all of the others so we can each use the service most convenient to us. In the meantime, I won't be buying any movies from WB or Sony again.

18. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

Did you not read this post? This is the point of Movies Anywhere you can watch any purchased movie from all of the participating libraries. Link your Vudu and iTunes and then you can just download the movie from the iTunes store on your device.

19. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I got an email back from Movies Anywhere support...they said there is currently an issue with connecting to a VUDU account. They expect it to be resolved by 10am pacific.

20. kliface macrumors newbie

I take back my earlier comments. Movies are showing up in my iTunes library. Thank God.

21. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Finally! Hopefully it’s easier to watch your movies in one location.

22. tyfighter76 macrumors newbie

tyfighter76

iTune and Googleplay work for me but. when I try to connect Vudu to movies anywhere from either side doesn't connect. Is anyone have success with Vudu connecting?

23. WBRacing macrumors 6502a

WBRacing

:D

Similarly:

[​IMG]

24. triangletechie macrumors member

This has been loooong overdue. Glad it's finally here. I'm wondering if the new Movies Anywhere agreement is another reason why Vudu is finally on the ATV with Amazon coming soon. Since they're all connected now.

25. nine macrumors newbie

Movie Anywhere except if you travel beyond the United States. You can't even access your US account or movies while traveling abroad.