iPhone XR Display halo

TheBrokenBee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
Does anyone else notice a shadow around their notch on the XR? Almost a blue halo going around the entire edge of the screen as well.

Photos here -

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
No, not on mine.But I tend to think photos of phonr screens are off, anyway.

sunapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
*stares at screen* Ehm, I don't see what I see in your picture, I think. My old iPhone 5 had bars around the screen, that was actually terrible.

Schermafbeelding 2019-01-23 om 15.32.21.png

Notice that the hue in the corners is just a result of the camera focussing on the notch and that the camera picks up a rainbow that isn't visible IRL.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2018
*stares at screen* Ehm, I don't see what I see in your picture, I think. My old iPhone 5 had bars around the screen, that was actually terrible.

View attachment 817050

Notice that the hue in the corners is just a result of the camera focussing on the notch and that the camera picks up a rainbow that isn't visible IRL.
I sort of see it in your picture, too.

My XR is the same. Maybe it's just an effect of having the backlight at the bottom of the display.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Does anyone else notice a shadow around their notch on the XR? Almost a blue halo going around the entire edge of the screen as well.

Photos here -

To me, that doesn’t look normal. I would say it’s more of an anomaly than anything, but it really takes someone to concentrate and notice something like this, which then again, you seem to have unfortunate luck with almost every iPhone you own based off your threads.

TheBrokenBee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
No, and just to be sure I checked against a monitor color test video too.
To me, that doesn’t look normal. I would say it’s more of an anomaly than anything, but it really takes someone to concentrate and notice something like this, which then again, you seem to have unfortunate luck with almost every iPhone you own based off your threads.
Those aren’t my phone. Being an old tune user here, I would expect you to quickly glance usernames as you read posts.

TheBrokenBee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
Right, but my point is, I also indicated how you seemingly find issues with most of your iPhones one way or the other, usually for things that seem to be a ‘Non-issue’ more or less.
I suppose that is subjective. In my thread about the paint chipping, you borderline implied that I was responsible for it. You are at liberty to believe what you please but just because something hasn't happened to you then it should be the user at fault. Is the display being yellow a the bottom? Yes. Is the paint chipping an issue? Yes.

I think someone's economic background has a lot to do with what constitute as issues to them - I keep my phones for 3-4 years. And I shell out a premium for an iphone because i love the ecosystem and I own other apple products as well. I have to spend a little above my pocket to get the best release of the year and if its not perfect - it bugs me. Especially when I can see other devices with absolutely no issues.

I live in a country where we don't have apple stores. Getting an exchange for an item is a pain in the ass. So sometimes when I come with issues here its more to see if what I'm seeing is actually a defect or something more common.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
In my thread about the paint chipping, you borderline implied that I was responsible for it.
No, this is actually false. I never implied you were responsible for the chipping, I implied the *DBrand skin that you did use*, was responsible for the damage. Those are two different things, and I would suggest that you re-read that post if you’re confused in that specific thread you started.