Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jediuia

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Am I the only one that is somewhat turned off with the weight of the new phones....had my heart set on going from a 6 to a 6plus and the weight stats are CRAZY high......this might be the first time since the 4 that I do not get a new phone at launch! Im afraid it will feel like carrying a BRICK

I have an idea, don't buy one. You're welcome, Samsung is waiting for you...

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
No ****... I get that to. However, it is exponentially worse because the newer version of the 6plus is so much heavier than the old one. I just find it rather ironic that this was NOT mentioned in the keynote and that apple normally makes a big deal about the new ones being lighter and thinner etc
When they get lighter and thinner of course they mention it, it's called marketing. This time they got slightly heavier and larger. Like 0.1 mm thicker , that like four sheets of paper. Why would they mention getting even ever so slightly larger and heavier?

Oh and exponentially worse would be 10 times heavier and ten times larger.

nox5

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
New screen and new vibrator add most of that extra weight to the iPhone 6s. For someone used to 5/5s weight of 112 gr for couple years going to 6s will not be comfortable.

I personally don't like heavy objects in my pockets especially when wearing summer clothes.

Reactions: Lukkee24

swedegirl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
New screen and new vibrator add most of that extra weight to the iPhone 6s. For someone used to 5/5s weight of 112 gr for couple years going to 6s will not be comfortable.

I personally don't like heavy objects in my pockets especially when wearing summer clothes.
I think you are absolutely right!

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
No ****... I get that to. However, it is exponentially worse because the newer version of the 6plus is so much heavier than the old one. I just find it rather ironic that this was NOT mentioned in the keynote and that apple normally makes a big deal about the new ones being lighter and thinner etc

Exponentially worse? Really?

And I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we're talking about the added strain/discomfort of carrying an extra 20 grams of weight.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Thanks for the snarky comment....completely uncalled for. The 6 has gone from 129grams too 143 grams so a 11 percent increase and the 6 plus from172 grams to 192 grams a percent 12 increase. To me that is rather significant!!!
Your body weight changes more than that throughout the day. You should feel bad for your knees carrying that extra weight around. :(

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
I'm a 6'4" tall bloke and I have a muscular physique. I bench press and do bar pull-ups.
Moving from the i5 to the 6+ not only is the phone much larger but it is also much heavier. Those two increases make the phone harder to carry in a shirt pocket and harder to hold in certain positions. A new, heavier version is even more off-putting and especially to those not moving from the 6+.

It seems that a new design is called for and the iPhone 7 can't come quick enough. Large bezels and a hefty weight make the 6+/6S+ an all 'round bigger device than it need be.

Trust me, you feel it. I remember hating going from the iPad 2 to the iPad 3. Weight was around 12% more and it was thicker. Not good and ended up going back to my 2.

Reactions: MandevilleMike

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
Both of the new phones are far too heavy.
Will be like holding a bag of sugar.
Will cause arthritis!

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
I was being sarcastic, can't wait for mine to come! I bet the weight pops up in the reviews though as a downside.
Good! And I unfortunately suspect you are right on that front. I educated an Androider on "how megapixels actually work" using the Keynote. I get told because other phones have more of them that makes the camera and video quality worse. Despite the 4K. I go to an institution of those who may be good at the subject they study but with regards to tech they are all morons.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
These threads are completely pointless IMO and make me wonder every time they pop up if the posters actually know what the original "Gate" was and how inappropriate the use of the word gate is in these things?
Gate Gate, there is no 6S gate which detracts from the buyer's experience. Allegedly. Watch it trend on the fountain of all knowledge (Twitter, apparantly).

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
These threads are completely pointless IMO and make me wonder every time they pop up if the posters actually know what the original "Gate" was and how inappropriate the use of the word gate is in these things?

Amen, brother. Personally, I wish that the mods would nuke any thread with the word "Gate" in the title.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.