Do you ever get irritated by the small iPhone screen when browsing the web?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Ugh sometimes I feel like tossing my phone out the window. I know I know, just get an iPad...well waiting for 2nd gen to come out. :mad:

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I used to on my 3G, but not really on the 4. The only time I get frustrated surfing the web is with flash and sites only showing me the mobile sites.

3. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Wow......I wonder what the crackberry users think about this:D

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Wait...... You can surf the web on a blackberry?

5. fr33 loader macrumors regular

Do you ever get irritated that iPad can't fit in your pockets?:confused:

6. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

My next phone will definitely have a 4" or larger screen......Apple or not.....

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, I don't. However, I don't browse the web a lot on my iPhone.

8. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I actually like browsing the web on my iPhone

9. fortunecookie macrumors regular

fortunecookie

It sucks when reading pixel mags like digital photographer.

10. HobbesCrk macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

lol

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I haven't browsed web on my iPhone in a super long time. But i don't get annoyed with it because its efficient and works smoothly. Your're gonna have to zoom in whether you're on a 3.5" device of 4.3" device, so it doesn't bother me. So far, iPhone has the best stock mobile browser I've tried so far (and zooming is very nice and fluid).

12. California King macrumors 65816

Wow...

13. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

I always find it irritating when I'm in the middle of a page and accidentally hit the top bar, scrolling all the way back to the top.

14. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I don't get irritated by the small screen size at all. I recognize the phone for what it is- a small, pocket sized device that connects me to a lot of incredible places at the touch of a few keys. I don't expect it to completely replace my laptop or desktop.
    I'm still amazed at all it actually CAN do as opposed to being irritated at what it can't do. You need to consider that, for a lot of users, there is still that sense of awe as to the access people with a smart phone have to information, communication and entertainment. For a lot of people, there is still a lot of Star Trek and Flash Gordon involved in these devices, and the fact that you can carry it with you wherever you go is still amazing. We haven't all grown up with this stuff as a routine part of our every day lives.:)

15. sunny1985 macrumors member

we live in a flash world its as simple as that! yes i know 'theres an app for that' but lets face it, its not the way it should be

16. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

whilst that is true, it still annoys me that when in vertical mode the keyboard basically covers up the entire screen - this makes it extremely hard when typing long messages, and editing them!

:mad:

17. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Oh look, I agree that there are things that could make the viewing a LOT more pleasant an experience. Believe me, as my eyes have gotten older (unlike the rest of me!;)) small fonts are a pain, and obtrusive keyboards are as well.
    And it wasn't my intention to criticize those who find the constraints of the screen size needlessly limiting. I just think that, sometimes, we focus too much on what something CAN'T do as opposed to being amazed at what it CAN do. But I wouldn't want the physical form factor of the iPhone to change radically. I like the compact size. But I also wouldn't object to them adding screen size within the same physical design.

18. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

+1 there to everything.

as a user of a Nokia E63, i will sometimes use my friends iPhones (or my iPad) and realise how much i am missing out on with my nokia. internet browsing is just one example of such things - and battery life. (if i use 3G on my nokia it will go dead in about 4hrs haha). so i think i can look at what we can vs what we cant do with regards to most phones that are available.

i do not really like the touch screen for texting messaging, too inaccurate for my liking.

19. ApplesAOranges macrumors 6502

I get irritated, when being in a bottom of a thread/page and trying to refresh the page.

I have to go to the top, hit refresh, then swipe many times to get back to the bottom. :p

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You must not have used a device with a 3.1" screen.

21. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

I really like my iPhone 4, with just two exceptions. The crummy phone & the tiny screen. My other phone is an EVO. I've learned how great it is to have a larger screen and a phone that fits a mans hands. I hope that my next phone is an iPhone with a minimum of a 4" display. If not then Android it is.

22. mpossoff macrumors 68020

There is enough room to make display larger without increasing size of the iPhone.

23. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I agree. I surf the web often on my iPhone and I'm happy with the experience.

24. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

there is? i cant see it, maybe a few mm...?

25. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

No I don't get frustrated. It's a mobile device and I expect the browser and the screen size to be limited. If I want more, I'll get an iPad (2) or use my iMac/MBP.