Do you own a Starbucks Gold Card?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by birchest, Jan 17, 2012.

1. birchest macrumors newbie

If so, what is your favorite Starbucks drink?

2. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Not a coffee drinker, but if I were, I'd be a Dunkin Donuts kinda guy. Starbucks, along with its patrons (more like dwellers), give me anxiety attacks. :rolleyes:

3. 'Bmac macrumors regular

I am at Starbucks everyday getting my Venti- NO FOAM- Latte made with light cream. Delish!

4. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

I am 1 star away, if that counts for anything. My favorite in the summer is dcc frap, and in the winter probably a white chocolate mocha.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I love the consistent quality of Starbucks... for me Dunkin is too thin and tastes burned.

...the only problem is the nearest Starbucks is :45 away. But, a simple Peppermint Latte is never ignored when I'm in that area. I have like 20 stars to go before Gold status, sadly.

7. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Reading this thread, I can't help but go back to this picture :

[​IMG]

Really, Starbucks just drowns all taste with vast amounts of fat and sugar. It's to the point that why bother with the coffee anyhow ?

Anyway, not a big Starbucks fan, their Tea selection sucks (too commercial) and I'm not a coffee guy. I just buy my own tea and bring it in to work.

8. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

All in your own opinion, of course. ;)

I have my grande skimmed milk latte from Starbucks. Now, that's not full of fat or sugar at all. It tastes damn good, and I love my coffee.

They get a lot of unfair press and criticism from people who want to seem as though they know more about coffee than they actually do.

As for their tea, wouldn't know - nothing beats a cup of Tetley's for me.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Their espresso-based coffee sucks. It tastes like milk, not coffee. I can barely find the coffee flavour in their drinks.

If I order a frappuccino, that's the only time I should expect my coffee to taste nothing like coffee. ;)

Their brewed coffee is OK. It tastes burnt, which fools people into thinking that their coffee is stronger. It's still totally passable coffee though.

10. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I don't go to Starbucks, or any chain coffee shop for that matter, because I want the best coffee, I go there because I want a yummy coffee beverage. If I want good coffee I go to a Portuguese/Brazilian/Italian coffee shop/restaurant, they're the only ones that do coffee how I like it.

Either way, why does it matter if people like Starbucks? Not everyone needs to be a coffee snob. Similarly, not everyone is a car/wine/computer/food/book/movie/tea snob.

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I agree with her. There are lots of good options for very artfully selected and brewed coffees here, but Starbucks has its own charm independent of that and comes in handy at times.

I don't have many stars on my card. I need to use it, though, so I get a free birthday drink. :)

12. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I usually go to this other chain here because they add chocolate powder stars on top of my mocha. :D

[​IMG]

13. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yep, I just got a Starbucks card a few days ago, finally.

I usually get a grande caramel latte with and extra pump of caramel.

Though today I also added an extra shot of espresso :eek:

14. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Starbucks isn't my favourite of all the high street chains (that's probably Costa), but it's reliable and I can usually find a drink I want. Their carrot cake is good! :)

There seem to be different rewards for card use in different parts of the world. I like strong coffee, so I got a card as it offers a free extra shot in the UK (and that isn't points based - it offered that from the first cup).

My usual order is a grande dry cappuccino with an extra shot. Ordering 'dry' you get very little milk and just froth - which takes the edge off the coffee's bitterness, but doesn't water down the flavour. You should try it, Abstract - it's tasty.

15. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

starbucks :(

you can't be serious, it tastes like ass, and I can't believe you pay so much.

on the autostrada, 1€ for an excellent espresso!

latte with no foam

:facepalm:

16. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

I like the taste of coffee, therefore I do not purchase mine from Starbucks.

My current choice, via my Keurig, is a Kona blend - no cream, no sugar.

17. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

This is like two retarded babies fighting. One supporting Starbucks and the other a Keurig.

lol

18. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

If you want to buy 100% Kona for me, I'll grind the beans myself. ;)

19. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Tetley's not tea. At least use Twinnings or Bigelow, which while they are commercial brands with low flavors aren't completely devoid of taste like Red Rose or Tetley or Lipton mass-manufatured stuff.

Really, I don't just drink the organic or store bought imported stuff, but Tetley's... come on...

It doesn't. I just posted what was passing through my mind reading the thread. I'm pretty far from a tea/coffee snob (especially the coffee part, I don't even like the stuff, unless it's filled with sugar and fat like the 95% of people in the picture I posted. ;) ).

I just wanted to comment on their lack of proper tea choices as the reason I don't own a Starbucks Gold Card, to answer the thread's initial question.

20. ender land macrumors 6502a

I'm part of the 5%. I strongly dislike creamer or sugar in my coffee unless it is absolutely AWFUL coffee.

21. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

Same. Granted, when I first started drinking coffee, I used loads of cream and sugar. Mind you, I was twelve.

22. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:D I love little flourishes like that. In Chicago the Intelligentsia chain, for a chain, had amazingly consistent espresso pours. We have some pretty good small coffee shops here in GR, too, although espresso seems less of a focus. There are a surprisingly large number of bean roasters in town, though.

23. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I only buy my whole bean coffee at Starbucks. Have only once bought a double espresso - fairly good, grossly expensive.;)

24. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I hate to break this to you, but Tetley's IS tea. You may not like it, but that gives you no right to act superior.

It is also a very nice cup of tea (with and without milk).

25. GibMcFragger macrumors newbie

GibMcFragger

I drink Starbucks on occasion. It's very burnt tasting though.

I second you on the Kona blend for Keurig. I also really like the Donut Shop and Black Tiger!