Do you prefer touch or tap on your tackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMackPro, Apr 8, 2011.

?

how do you feel about the touchpad on the macbooks?

1. Yep i use the touch feature

115 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. Nope, i like clicking my button

31 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. No, i dont use it but i might try it out just for fun

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. iMackPro macrumors 6502

Hello all! I just have a quick questions for all of those mac users out there that have the new trackpad in the computer! by new i mean not really new, but since the aluminum design. (so i guess 4 years new lol).

Do you all like clicking down on the button or just tapping it? See back when i had a simple white macbook that had the designated button i never used the touch feature. But lately i have been using the touch feature and i must say i really like it. Its convienent! I never click when i dont mean too, i thought i woiuld all the time but i dont! So do you all use it or nay?

Cheers!

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I prefer to touch...tapping is frowned upon in my circles.

3. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

Does the method by which everyone else uses their trackpad effect how you will use yours?

Just click or tap the damn thing. No need for another silly-assed poll.

4. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I guess I'm definitely the oddball here. :( I don't use the trackpad at all (except when doing a reinstall of the OS). :eek:

For me, I always use an external mouse from a selection of either the Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX, or the Razer Orochi Bluetooth mouse, depending on how & where I use my 15" unibody MBP. :)

5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

You need a drink

6. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

then dont bother typing in it. That was completely unnecessary. Sometimes its just fun to learn about how different people work with their computers

I personally tap, but im curious, please forgive me.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

8. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you simply prefer the mouse? or do the programs you use require the mouse?

9. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Yes, I simply prefer the mouse. :)

Like I said, maybe because I'm an oddball, but for some reason I find that I have more control using a mouse than the trackpad. :confused: Unfortunately, I cannot explain why that is the case for me. :( I guess to put it bluntly, you can simply say that I s**k super big time at using the trackpad. :( :eek:

10. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Touch here as well. It's just more quiet and less strain; not that it requires a lot of energy to tap either. I do tap when I need to drag items though. That's just easier than the double-touch-hold thing.

11. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

yep, exactly here too. nice!

i say you give the trackpad one more go! Do it for me mate! try putting it on touch mode and come back after about 5 minutes of browsing! im telling ya mate its just so easily and elegant

12. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

No need to be rude, is there?

13. adztaylor macrumors 68000

14. systole macrumors member

systole

Noise

I have found touch to be easier, especially with the two-finger right-click enabled per the touchpad settings. Clicking works, I just feel that it is too noisy, especially when in class.

My $.02

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I used to use touch, but now I just tap it. No annoying clicking sound. XD

16. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Your usernames and posts are awesome in combination.

17. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Touch to click.

Three-finger touch to drag. One reason I started that was because I use the Magic Trackpad on a soft surface - the clever feet switch won't work to click in that case. I got used to it very quickly and use it with the internal trackpad too. Much less effort and quiet, too.

18. mbp17xxx macrumors regular

19. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

thats so crazy. haha me too!!! i use my bluetooth trackpad on my bed when watching tv. and since my bed is so soft i couldnt ever click anything. so thing i changed to tap to click and viola! haha i dunno why this amazes me so it just does. man thats so nuts. i literally did the exact same thing!!

20. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

GMTA? lol

I was really surprised by how quickly I got used to three-finger dragging - especially considering I've been a-clickin'-and-a-draggin' since 1985. :D

21. Kyffin macrumors 6502

As much as I love the Thinkpad nubbin, the trackpad on the 'books is so good that its caused a complete about-turn from my previous antipathy. Oh yeah, and I've now gone from clicking to the sound of it sending shards through my soul. (anecdote for value added: when I got my first MBP- and trackpad- I arranged for its return as faulty, not realising the pad is also a button :eek:)

22. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    rofl

i was a tapper until recently. I copped myself a wireless trackpad and keyboard
    and learnt how to 'touch' use the trackpad.. way better IMO

23. sbbluewater macrumors member

24. sundi712 macrumors newbie

I've had my Mac about three weeks now and I love the touch feature of the trackpad. I think I have enabled almost all options to learn them all. I love using shortcuts (hardly use the mouse on a PC) so I have had fun with this- browsing the web, scrolling through when watching media. The clicking on this pad is such a pain sometimes also. Once I found out how to right-click I was good to go :)

25. abhic macrumors member