Do You Smoke Weed? (Even on Occasion?)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Feb 11, 2010.

?

Do You Get High?

1. I've Never Smoked Weed Nor Do I Intend To

178 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. I've Smoked Weed Less Than a Handful of Times

45 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. I've Smoked Pot Here & There On Occasion

36 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. I Used To Smoke My Fair Share In The Past

45 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. I've Smoked My Fair Share of Weed and Still Do on Occasion

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. I Smoke Weed About Once a Month

14 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. I Smoke Weed About Once a Week

12 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. I Smoked Weed A Few Times a Week

22 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. I Smoke Weed Daily

31 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'll include an option for even those that have never tried weed, i'm just curious.

This poll is 100% confidential, just in case you're one to practice discretion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I used to smoke weed daily about 3 years ago. I used to own a bong and a pipe. I would smoke mainly at night with friends, nightly. That summer I smoked all day, driving around to Universal Studios, TGI. Fridays with time to still make it to class on time.

Since then I really toned it down, not smoking for months on end. However recently I've been smoking about once a weekend, though this time around I don't own any pipes or bongs nor am I the one with the weed. At the age of 22, marijuana seems to present itself in numerous situations. My professor asked @ the first day in class this spring semester who has smoked weed and (i'd say) about 75% of the class rose their hand. This came as a surprise to me, and I immediately wondered why everyone in the class hadn't ever partied together.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

This has been discussed often, and probably belongs in the PRSI

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

"I immediately wondered why everyone in the class hadn't ever partied together."

Few would smoke for a long time... hold on ive just seen a mouse. going to kill it and get back to this...

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

how can you say this is 100% confidential?

nothing online is confidential

5. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

That's not what you said to me on that special night in New York… *lip quiver*

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Never. I have no inclination or desire to try.

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Doesn't Weed kill brain cells????? or something!!! :eek::eek::mad:

8. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I don't know how to answer, cause I prefer brownies. And, since it's all confidential, I really would answer, if my answer were offered. ;):D

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

10. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

The mouse cannot be found. Now that I'm suitably on edge, would a preverbal spliff calm me down and settle me spirits or heighten my paranoia of the beast returning?

And yes, those big bad boys bearing badges can hunt your ISP down and cut your balls off.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ok?....

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I noticed there was not a "Smoking right this moment" option. :(

13. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

There are other, more enjoyable and thoroughly awesome ways to lose brain cells.

Single malt scotch, for starters...

14. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

lol

Significant portion of people havent even tried it. I bet if this was about alcohol the numbers would be a lot different even though drinking is significantly more dangerous. Funny how the legality of something makes it seem so taboo.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me. I just turned 44 in January.

16. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Never have, never will. Im surprised that the majority is with me, here.

17. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Good for you! For most the past 30yrs its a "sharing" or hang out kind of thing ... something used to mingle - just like drinking, or drugs. For some of us it was a cultural thing - myself actually - I grew up having inhaled it and my uncle would even bring it over from overseas in the early 80's before it was shunned after back home. I don't have it often and I have for 2 main reasons:

To seriously relax and let myself go - my brain is always worrying/pacing/thinking (good or bad).
    To celebrate a big accomplishment - which isn't too often. I'm not nearly as selfish the past 19yrs as I was when I was a yute.

Just about anything kills brain cells! Even eating healthy entirely or breathing ... cells are replaced naturally. But if you're thinking more than normal ... have a glass of 40% alcohol beverage and you'll possibly loose more. One is legal the other isn't!

Weed, Marihuana, Mary-Jane (spider-man fans ;) Stan Lee knew the time), California smile, bud, budda, bong-song, spice, BBQ, whatever it grows naturally just like tobacco - but it won't kill you over time like tobacco does. Pharmaceutals at over-the-counter isles are a LOT more dangerous if your not careful.

Salva ... or whatever that is .. is some seriously scarry-ass-sheeet! I won't be touching that!

18. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

Some Quotes:

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

“That is not a drug. It’s a leaf” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

“When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point.” – Barack Obama“

Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . .
    unnatural?” – Bill Hicks

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

“The drug is really quite a remarkably safe one for humans, although it is really quite a dangerous one for mice and they should not use it.” – J.W.D Henderson Director of the Bureau of Human Drugs, Health and Welfare, Canada

And also High Times top ten reasons why cannabis should be legalised.

19. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

But I was told the more you drink, the smarter you get. Have I got it all wrong?

:)

20. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I hold a Oregon Medical Marijuana Card and don't consider this poll very accurate so I didn't vote.

22. gibbz macrumors 68030

No, but would consider if it were legal in my state. I'm from Oklahoma, I don't see that happening in the near term.

23. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I smoke weed daily. At least every other day. I'm high right now.

I live in Oregon, I can't help it!

24. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Smoked 3 times total, but that was more than 5 years ago, and I haven't touched the stuff since. No reason to - waste of money + time.

25. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple