Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do You Get High?

• I've Never Smoked Weed Nor Do I Intend To

Votes: 178 42.9%
  • I've Smoked Weed Less Than a Handful of Times

Votes: 45 10.8%
  • I've Smoked Pot Here & There On Occasion

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • I Used To Smoke My Fair Share In The Past

Votes: 45 10.8%
  • I've Smoked My Fair Share of Weed and Still Do on Occasion

Votes: 32 7.7%
  • I Smoke Weed About Once a Month

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • I Smoke Weed About Once a Week

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • I Smoked Weed A Few Times a Week

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • I Smoke Weed Daily

Votes: 31 7.5%

• Total voters

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I don't. It doesn't sound exciting to me. However, I just started drinking this year. I'm 27.

You know how 3.0 sucks on your phone compared to 2.2? That how being high is compared to an alcohol high.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
pretty much every day. im in college. what else is there to do? :D

seriously, there's nothing better than just sitting back listening to music and puffing on a fat blunt.

I wonder what % of weed smokers also smoked cigarettes on a regular basis. Tobacco is the nasty bit IMO.

I smoke quite a bit of weed, but I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. I won't touch them, it's ****ing gross. The only time i'll smoke tabacco is blunts (the leaf) or in a small spliff.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I used to smoke a lot in college, but it made me unmotivated and sleepy, so I stopped. I switched to LSD instead. :) That was an upper, much more economical and productive. I used to get massive amounts of work done on acid. I'd even do laundry. No matter what you did, it was fun on acid.

I haven't done any illegal drugs in many years, but they sure were a blast when I did. :) I don't think I could do LSD now without keeling over. I'd be scared to now.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
I used to smoke 10-20 joints a day for 40 years, mostly hash. I calculate that amounts to over a quarter of a million spliffs. Then I gave up three years ago.

There doesn't seem to be a poll option covering that...

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I'm part of the square 47ish%.

Hmm, skunk, given our age difference, it may just be possible that you've spent more time getting high than my adult life is long. ;)

trublood

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
yes i smoke Weed with my friends sometimes
smile.gif

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I lived in Austin for nine years, so yeah, I use to participate in a little doobage from time to time.

Can't do it now, though. And probably won't be able to again until I'm 65.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I lived in Austin for nine years, so yeah, I use to participate in a little doobage from time to time.

Can't do it now, though. And probably won't be able to again until I'm 65.

Unless you retire early.:D

I used to smoke quite a bit when I was in high school and throughout undergrad and post-grad. It was a good way to wind down after a long day of classes and studying. The best part was that I could be totally functional the next day because of the lack of hangover.

I stopped because it just became something that I did less and less, and then I just stopped. Also, the friends that I was spending more time with didn't smoke. I guess I just found other ways to be entertained.

My wife was never into it, I think we smoked a joint once together..... she got all paranoid, it was quite funny.:D That's probably another reason I don't anymore.

However, if I was at someone's house or at a concert or a party, and a joint was going, I wouldn't hesitate to pull from it a little if it was offered to me.

I hope it gets legalized in my lifetime......

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2009
SF
Tried it a couple of times several years ago. Didn't like it and never took it on. Imho, a useless and rather expensive habit.

But then again I drink my vodka straight up (none of that silly mixer junk) so I'm probably not your average consumer anyway.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Never have, never plan to.

I've had my current job for 14 months and have been drug tested twice. Not worth the risk.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Some people are smoking Salvia now. Anyone here tried it?

I haven't but a friend has. He said that he was lying in bed, then Michael Jackson came out of the TV and started cutting him out of his life with some scissors since he had a dotted line around him. Then he "came to" whilst sat on his brothers motorbike in the garage. He then asked if I wanted to try some.
Lolno! But I really enjoyed talking to him whilst he was on it.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
I used to smoke a lot in college, but it made me unmotivated and sleepy, so I stopped. I switched to LSD instead. :) That was an upper, much more economical and productive. I used to get massive amounts of work done on acid. I'd even do laundry. No matter what you did, it was fun on acid..

Same story with me, only change LSD to Cocaine. Super productive! A second after the first line, I turn on my Mac. I'm SO focused. The mind races. I can stay up all night working on my art. It's freaking sweet!

You kids, don't try this. Drugs are NOT for everyone. Too many end up hooked, so be careful!

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Around here, weed often gets compared to alcohol, which is very wrong. But I try to teach people about the wonders of the herb. Someday, I want to grow my own, and in a big way. You know, hydroponics and ****.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
When I was in transition from high school to college I did a lot, then when college started I didn't touch the stuff. Ive probably smoked twice in the last 6 years or so. The funniest part was when I took my first hit I was expecting all kinds of weird **** to happen to me (mostly due to DARE initiatives etc), then again if they told me that all I would want to do is sit around a chill with friends after smoking I probably would have done it earlier.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I used to smoke 10-20 joints a day for 40 years, mostly hash.

That sounds like a pretty good life. Spend half the day rolling joints and the other half smoking them. I could handle that i think.

Actually the only people were good at rolling spliffs were europeans. Kind of a cone shape with a "filter" in one end which was basically piece of rolled paper, sometimes containing tobacco. As opposed to the classic joint which of course is just twisted zigzag.

leekohler said:
WTF is salvia?

Its a psychoactive plant that can produce hallucinations and dissociative effects on people who smoke it. From what I gather the effects only last for about 5 minutes. Youtube has some pretty funny salvia trips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.