Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Amethyst, Nov 9, 2007.
for me it around 30-40 %
but i want a new mac pro very very much
please apple ! please SJ !
111%, meaning that there is roughly an 11% chance that the Mac Pros will in fact be updated twice on Tuesday (personally I'm going to wait until at least mid day to order to make sure I'm not one of the noobs who only gets the first upgrade)
In all seriousness, I have no idea what percentage is likely. Someone said apple stores have marketing meetings this weekend, which sounded promising. All in all I'd say I'd give it even money right now, so 50%
Is this still a secret?
Less than the chance they will be updated on the Wednesday or Thursday, more of a chance than it being January.
Let's see... I'm gonna go with 99.4815162342% that it will be released next week. ... Marketing meetings eh? Sounds good to meeeeeee.
The fact that we've heard no big rumors today - like leaks from 9to5 or AI - makes me think it's not going to happen. Hope I'm wrong though and some news breaks later today/this weekend.
The problem is those other sites are all caught up with the other crap that's been confirmed... The iPhone international, the iMac not working right, Leopard issues, Firmware crap. No one is putting time into the MacPro. Someone please find out what is going on. Sheesh! lol
Right. Those sites just skip over the MP rumors e-mailed to them.
Maybe Apple threatened all the sites and want to make this MacPro update a really big surprise for next week. One can only dream.
God I hope your right. It better be big, bad and flippin POWERFUL!
Many, many retail stores are in the process of having marketing/sales meetings at this time of year. They are bringing on new employees, bringing in new & additional inventory, and last but not least, this is the time of year when retail makes its money.
Having these meetings should be in no way misconstrued as being indicative of new products.
And that bolt of lightening just went through my heart. Let's all be positive and hope for the best next week... If nothing next week, we can all be negative to Apple again. lol
Things more likely than a Mac Pro refresh next week...
1. Sasquatch having a mochachino at your local Starbucks.
2. Area 51 being opened up as an amusement park.
3. A politician keeping a campaign promise.
4. Gas prices dropping below $3.00 a gallon.
5. David Letterman actually having a funny top ten list.
6. et. al.
^Person most deserving of a kick to the penis.
7. Well, WW III is starting at November 13.
Steve told me today, that his Mac Pro is fast enough to recieve his eMail and browse iTunes. He even can transfer purchased songs on his iPhone.
BTW: I want a new Mac Pro!
I'd put the odds at about 33%.
I really, really, really hope it's 100% because I need a new computer, and I'm holding out for the new Mac Pro. My old (Windows) machine is dying a horrible death at the hands of Spyware, and it needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Buying a new Mac Pro today, only to have a new model released in the next few weeks will just kill me.
Please, please release new models on Tuesday.
I want to spend money, let me throw money at you.
Is there are specific reason why they wouldn't?
I'm guessing it's a better than 60% we will see an upgrade next week.
I want it to happen, but I know, it´s not going to happen..
I'm at the point where I'm waiting out of shear cussedness. I have the money, I have the need, but I'll be damned if I give in and buy one until the upgrade happens (partly because I know the minute I give up is the minute it gets announced, mostly because I feel the older models just aren't worth the $$$ at present). It might be 2009 and a Pyrrhic victory but...
So why the hell don't you just give up and buy yours so that the upgrade happens and the rest of us can get some relief???
'cause if I'm gonna be miserable, you ALL are gonna be miserable!
No matter what happens next week, I am buying. Update or no update. I need the thing. Can't wait any longer after next week. Too many projects due.
If you do buy next week and there is no new revision, would you get used (eBay), refurb, or new?
Brand spanking new. Ill order it from the online apple store.. then right after head over to newegg to pick up some RAM and 2 HDs (one as music drive for boot camped the other as time machine yo)