Does black look more 'professional' than white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwater, Jun 11, 2009.

?

Does black look more 'professional' than white?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2009.
  1. I think so

121 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Not really

119 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

3. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

4. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

If you are being judged on how professional you look based on the color of your phone, you are doing something wrong, find a new job.

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Exactly. Get the color YOU like, not what you think other people are going to like.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

looking professional has nothing to do with what color your phone is, provided it isn't hot pink :D

Choosing white over black is a personal preference. I like the black iPhone, but then its also in an incase slider case so the back of the iPhone is covered, there by mitigating any possible color choice.

8. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Why people choose to highlight such subjective topics, such as the color of an iPhone, is beyond me (especially considering the fact that there is no 'real' answer).

9. coolwater thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolwater

And, if you can't even allow yourself entertained by a simple question that requires a simple thought, find a better life. :cool:

10. Jonny75 macrumors member

I rarely see an iPhone that doesn't have a cover, so it makes no difference.

11. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Look, I never said I didn't like white, but if you think going into a business meeting with a glossy white phone is as professional as subdued black you're either crazy or haven't been in a business meeting that deals with something other than marketing/advertising.

12. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Agreed, if your a business man or w/e I wouldn't go with white. If it was another phone, it might not be a problem, but honestly people are going to notice a white iphone.

13. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If you're going to ask if the color matters, you might as well ask if the glossy aspect of the phone matters. Most business phones, and phones in general have matte backs. I personally think neither aspect matters, but there are a lot of superficial people out there.

14. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Which is why it matters if the subject of the thread is looking professional, which is a label largely shaped by societal opinions and superficialities.

15. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Huh? I was giving my view on that. Its the truth, it doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter. Where I work, if they see me with an iPhone the color doesn't matter, they will be oohhh-ing and ahhhhh-ing at it anyway, black or white. Settle my friend.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

As long as you don't have Hello Kitty stickers on the phone, I wouldn't worry about either color.

17. bigchief macrumors 6502a

The white has that feminine look to it. The black has the masculine look to it. A matte black would have had the professional look to it. Just my 2 ceents.

18. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

19. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

I'm worried about you, coolwater. You care waaaaaay too much about what others think of you based on the color of your iPhone.

(re: Is the white iPhone girly?)

20. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I can't believe how naive the responses are in this thread, then I remember I'm on a mac forum...

21. daonesteven macrumors 6502

well to be honest, as much as I agree with a lot of people here telling you to not be insecure about what color phone you have, it won't matter if all the other business people out there already have the stigma of more "feminine" colored cell phones and will judge you because of that. It's unfortunate but it's gonna be inevitable. For that reason, I would just advise males to get black especially if they're in the corporate business world.

22. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Judging professionalism based on case colour? That's racism towards iPhones!

/thread

:p

23. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

As much as a brightly colored tie may be your style, you don't wear it to a business meeting. Everyone here saying, "Be you, what do other people matter?" just don't get it. This thread is talking about what color is more professional, not what color suits you the best. The more professional color is black, and for anyone not to think so is delusional. This isn't opinion, it's fact. Professional environments and corporate meetings demand attention to appearances. You have to be subdued. A white phone, which, let's face it, stands out, is not subdued. It's flashy, the exact opposite of what is good in a professional environment.

24. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

And why do you have your phone out during a meeting anyway? If the company is that high profile, you should pocket your phone. And get a case and put it on for meetings if the people you work with are that judgmental. For goodness sake, its white, we aren't talking about lime green or bright pink are we? Paper is white, and all businesses use paper. I just think its stupid.

25. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Yeah no kidding. Every thread results in WW3.