Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does black look more 'professional' than white?

• I think so

Votes: 121 50.4%
  • Not really

Votes: 119 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I work in a "professional" position and bought the white 3GS model for the simple reason that my fiancee will be getting a black 3G once her current Alltel contract is up next month and I wanted an easy way to tell them apart.

If anyone at work says anything about how it looks, I'll laugh and point at the crap BBs they have been given by the company.

I don't know how you can say BB's are crappy? They have been THE phone for the business world for a long time. I don't think that would stay that way if they were crappy. Behind the times? Yes. Not exciting? Yes. Crappy? No.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
I don't know how you can say BB's are crappy? They have been THE phone for the business world for a long time. I don't think that would stay that way if they were crappy. Behind the times? Yes. Not exciting? Yes. Crappy? No.

I actually like some of the newer BB models... but those aren't the ones they are handing out here. Compared to what the iPhone can do, they are far behind... and if someone is going to make a big deal about the color of my phone, I'm going to make a big deal about how outdated their BB is. :D

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
I talked with a business professor about this and here are the things he said:
  • Progressive companies that encourage innovation will not care
  • It depends on the type of job. It won't matter for tech jobs as much as for sales jobs for example
  • Why not use whatever you like? It won't be hanging on your belt, it will be in your pocket. It will only be displayed to the people around you if you WANT it to be displayed so it should make no more of a difference than if you had a white wallet
  • White is the second most conservative color to black, in his opinion
  • Mac vs. PC was brought up, and how people think your not conservative just because you have Apple products
  • In general he says it doesn't matter, and he consulted a person he co-authored a college business textbook with and he also agreed that it doesn't matter, especially since people usually have skins on their phone. What does matter are the ringtones. That's it.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I talked with a business professor about this and here are the things he said:
  • Progressive companies that encourage innovation will not care
  • It depends on the type of job. It won't matter for tech jobs as much as for sales jobs for example
  • Why not use whatever you like? It won't be hanging on your belt, it will be in your pocket. It will only be displayed to the people around you if you WANT it to be displayed so it should make no more of a difference than if you had a white wallet
  • White is the second most conservative color to black, in his opinion
  • Mac vs. PC was brought up, and how people think your not conservative just because you have Apple products
  • In general he says it doesn't matter, and he consulted a person he co-authored a college business textbook with and he also agreed that it doesn't matter, especially since people usually have skins on their phone. What does matter are the ringtones. That's it.

Completely AGREE especially with last one Hahaha Can't tell you how many times I've heard peoples ringtones and just see how embarrassed they are by their OWN ringtone hahaha :D You should never put your "Jam" as your main ringtone because you will look very very unprofessional.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.