Does your iPhone X camera do this too?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andermatc, Nov 9, 2017.

1. andermatc macrumors newbie

Today I was trying the iPhone X camera outdoors at night and weird reflections started to show up on every pic, even on a video, as seen in the pictures aattached. For some reason it won't let me upload the vid.

photo01.JPG photo02.JPG photo03.JPG

I cleaned the camera in case that was the reason, but still had the same issue.

Does it happen with your iPhones too? Is it normal? Should I take my iPhone to an Apple Store?

Thanks!

2. born2runak macrumors regular

[​IMG]

but seriously - it appears to be some light refracting. If the orbs are moving as you use the camera then thats what it is

3. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

4. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

Yup. Thought it was dust but in my case the bluish orbs were alleyway lights. Checked with the girlfriend's X and it does the same.

5. Diorama macrumors 6502a

6. california_kid, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

california_kid macrumors regular

Looks like lens flare. That is light bouncing internally between the lens and lens outer glass cover. Multi-coating and lens design can eliminate most but not all. A slight shift in the angle of your photo should get rid of it. Reflections are coming from the street lamp that you have in the center of each photo. At least your photos would be very easy to digitally remove those reflections.

That is one disadvantage of the 2 lens design - the large oblong glass cover that protects both lenses increases the chance of flare versus a single round design.

7. camhabib macrumors regular

Just some lens flare. Happens on even the most expensive of lenses, and something that people actually try to create in cinematography from time to time (looking at you Star Trek movies).

8. andermatc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all for your responses. I was over worrying.

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple