Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Hello,

I am not agree with you because I have also bought that one

and there is no problem.

Odd.. a newbie joins and posts just to state that there is no problem with ACs sold on ebay. Ok..

Let's say you did buy it. Please come back after a few months and let us know if it still works (in case you didn't read the first post itself and get the basic meaning of how this scam works)

bbydon

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
ATL
i've bought apple care for an imac and macbook on ebay and had both computers serviced with it. I received a box though both times, and the sellers were in the US.

applemac51

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
Macman812 and Applecare

I've dealt with Macman812 many times and never had a problem...if it's legit and saves everyone money...what's the problem????? You don't need the box to register a valid registration number!!

I'd rather not wait for the box to arrive in the mail and pay shipping...

Macman812 is fine in my book....I have NEVER had a problem registering one of his codes

guklein

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Odd.. a newbie joins and posts just to state that there is no problem with ACs sold on ebay. Ok..

Let's say you did buy it. Please come back after a few months and let us know if it still works (in case you didn't read the first post itself and get the basic meaning of how this scam works)

Just the guy from the first post had problems.

And the others thousands that bought on eBay?

Macman812

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
I would point out that I asked a question.... I didn't make a statement. It's is entirely possible, though unlikely, that MacMan's alt is guklein. I mean here I am an AlienSexGod ... for all you know I have a main alt here with 2000 posts. As ASG I like to be outrageous, to be outrageous and thought provoking is ASG's job (some ask if I really think I am an Alien SexGod... ajajaja yeah right!) and because I am outraged why many of you are supportive of this guy.... Clearly MacMan Ate One Too sells key generated codes... maybe his key generator has better algorithms than the Chinese but he is clearly selling stolen goods! He is laughing to the bank that you Ate One Too! No cost of supply or overheads but for evilbay fees!

Also how many people that may have had their code discovered as fake after the 3 months evilbay and paypal clawback window actually bothered to come here and share their embarassing mistake? F all it seems and for good reason ... people can't be bothered and they don't like sharing their humiliation particularly when there is no recourse for them.

If I was mistaken regarding a specific complaint here about MacMan I apologise but I reiterate MacMan812 is selling stolen goods based on the inside knowledge, arguments and unanswered questions previously made by myself and Music Producer in this thread. No rational nor legal explanation has been given .... because there is none.....

Enough already, I have paid for every single applecare I have sold, I do not sell stolen anything. Alien sex god, you are a punk and an instigator, you need to tone it down if you want any rational person to be on your side. As far as why I haven't responded on this thread lately, its simply because of alien sex god and the one or 2 followers he has created. I explained about a month or 2 ago that I wouldn't put up with them any more. I also explained that if it didn't end, I would simply remove myself from the forum. It is very difficult for me, who works very hard to do things right and goes way out of his way to help anyone, to put up with the attacks form 1 or 2 people on this forum.

Why my customers would come here and complain is beyond me, I am probably the most accessible ebayer out there, if any of my customers have a question or a concern about me or my products, please feel free to email me through ebay or if you have bought from me, my direct email address and phone # is in every email I send.

Lastly, alien sex god is only giving his opinion, don't put him on a pedestal and believe his BS, that is what David Korish did in Waco Texas years ago and Manson before that. I know these are extreme examples, but trust me, this guy has an agenda against me and I have never met him or talked to him, I think the only thing I may have done was put him out of business.

A very simple way to prove Alien Sex God wrong is to email my customers, I have been selling applecare for over 4 years, go back in my ebay history as far as you like and email anyone of my customers and you will see that not one of them had a problem.

For any of my customers who are concerned and are speaking out on this forum, please just email me directly with your concerns and I will help in any way necessary. If anyone out there has a problem with their coverage, I need to know or I can't help. I am not trying to get people to stop posting on the forum, it is everyones right to do so, all I am asking is that i am treated fairly and given an opportunity to solve a problem or answer a question because coming down on me.

I hope this helps some, but I am 1000% here to help anyone who needs help.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
Enough already, I have paid for every single applecare I have sold, I do not sell stolen anything. Alien sex god, you are a punk and an instigator, you need to tone it down if you want any rational person to be on your side. As far as why I haven't responded on this thread lately, its simply because of alien sex god and the one or 2 followers he has created. I explained about a month or 2 ago that I wouldn't put up with them any more. I also explained that if it didn't end, I would simply remove myself from the forum. It is very difficult for me, who works very hard to do things right and goes way out of his way to help anyone, to put up with the attacks form 1 or 2 people on this forum.

Why my customers would come here and complain is beyond me, I am probably the most accessible ebayer out there, if any of my customers have a question or a concern about me or my products, please feel free to email me through ebay or if you have bought from me, my direct email address and phone # is in every email I send.

Lastly, alien sex god is only giving his opinion, don't put him on a pedestal and believe his BS, that is what David Korish did in Waco Texas years ago and Manson before that. I know these are extreme examples, but trust me, this guy has an agenda against me and I have never met him or talked to him, I think the only thing I may have done was put him out of business.

A very simple way to prove Alien Sex God wrong is to email my customers, I have been selling applecare for over 4 years, go back in my ebay history as far as you like and email anyone of my customers and you will see that not one of them had a problem.

For any of my customers who are concerned and are speaking out on this forum, please just email me directly with your concerns and I will help in any way necessary. If anyone out there has a problem with their coverage, I need to know or I can't help. I am not trying to get people to stop posting on the forum, it is everyones right to do so, all I am asking is that i am treated fairly and given an opportunity to solve a problem or answer a question because coming down on me.

I hope this helps some, but I am 1000% here to help anyone who needs help.

fair enough, but why don't you provide boxes? If you are 100% legit, why just the email code?

To those saying you don't need the physical box, thats' fine. You can be cheap, skimping on the warranty of your computers. But the day will catch up, when Apple asks for proof or purchase, and all you can provide is emails or a print screen of a paypal/eBay invoice. Apple won't necessarily ask for the box itself, BUT they WILL ask for the registration serial number (it is on in the box) and a receipt. Just because apple sends you a confirmation email that it went through ok 30 minutes after registration, doesn't mean in 19 months it is still good.

Macman812

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
fair enough, but why don't you provide boxes? If you are 100% legit, why just the email code?

To those saying you don't need the physical box, thats' fine. You can be cheap, skimping on the warranty of your computers. But the day will catch up, when Apple asks for proof or purchase, and all you can provide is emails or a print screen of a paypal/eBay invoice. Apple won't necessarily ask for the box itself, BUT they WILL ask for the registration serial number (it is on in the box) and a receipt. Just because apple sends you a confirmation email that it went through ok 30 minutes after registration, doesn't mean in 19 months it is still good.

If apple does check your applecare, which it does randomly whether you buy from me, ebay or from apple themselves, they request one of 2 things, one is the serial # from the box and one is an invoice from an authorized apple reseller, which i do provide if needed. All I need is the email or letter from apple requesting more info. As far as why I don't supply boxes, the reason is twofold, first of all, I have bought thousands of these at a time and boxes take up a lot of room and secondly, I don't want to lose my business to others, I mean does Macy's tell Gimbells : ) ?

I did address how you can check into the warranties I sell, if you won't take my word and feedback, then take the word of my customers, email as many as you like, and you will see that nothing disappears in 19 months.

Dav55

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
fair enough, but why don't you provide boxes?

AFAIK AppleCare Parts & Labour was offered as a key-only license in 50, 100, 250 packs for large customers.

I don't know the real background of the eBay offers of the full AppleCare plan, but don't you think that there is probably AppleCare volume licensing available for large companies? I don't believe that large companies buy hundreds of retail cardboard boxes.

littlelarry33

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
To MacMac:

I have tried to email you but have gotten no response but i was wondering, if your iMac warranty covers the 21.5 inch new models. Thanks

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I tried to give this thread a second chance (see here) but it seems to not be going anywhere. The same arguments keep coming up again and again. Anyone is free to read through this thread to educate themselves, but the discussion ends here. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.