Dont Preorder your iphone 4s from Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kase17, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Kase17 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey guys. This for the people who preodered or plan to preorder the iphone 4s at best buy. As you know best buy is doing pre-orders on the new iphone 4s. The part they are not telling people is that they change their pre order policies for this launch. They are having customers think theyll get an iphone at launch. But thats not the case. They have decided that first come first serve have the priority over preorders. So whats the point to preorder then? In my paper i notice 2 days later ill get my preorder on the 31th of oct. I was the first preorder in the store. Some people are aware of this because they went to best buy forums site but what about the other probably millions that preordered also that probably work a 9-5 for an example and layed her or his trust in best buy and preorder thinking he would get one after work to find out he has to wait up to 2 weeks. Also the person that probably is going on vacation or a business trip a day or days after launch day and cant be there to pick it up when their shipments come in after. Its really not fair and really irritating that a company would do this. I just want to voice this out and have people aware if they preordered from best buy dont expect to be priority. I think best buy did this on purpose because they are down in fiscal yr to date amd they have been hurting in sales in the 3rd qtr because this yr iphones were delayed so i guess they want to get greedy and have huge sales on launch so they can look good, but screwing theyre first loyal customers that give them business by preordering and what we get in return.....no clear communitication of whats going on. You can go to best buy forums and read a few other angry customers going through this.
    http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile-Phones-Mobile-Broadband/iPhone-4S-pre-order/m-p/338924#M11744

2. steve dave macrumors 6502a

I've read this several places. What I don't get is what the point is then. Why are they doing preorders at all? The whole thing is really confusing.

3. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I'm way ahead of you on that. I've already made a promise to myself that I will never shop at Best Buy again. The service is horrible, and the whole thing is a scam.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, maybe if so many people didn't preorder from 7 different places to see which one thy could get first and return the rest, maybe Best Buy wouldn't have to resort to giving priority to real customers with real money who actually show up with the intention of actually buying an iPhone from them.

Just sayin'.

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Damn the users on the BestBuy forum filed a BBB complaint against them.lol

6. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

They are kind of a pain to deal with for anything new so I ordered from Verizon. But I do like their reward zone points. As long as you know what you want ahead of time, they are okay to deal with.

7. steve dave, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011

steve dave macrumors 6502a

If walk-ins have priority then they shouldn't be doing preorders at all. It is misleading and they know it.

8. pirarre macrumors 6502

Yup...I filed it.

I filed it because they failed to inform customers of this Preorder practice before the transaction/preorder was complete. Nor did they post this information on their site or in their stores. It's very misleading if you ask me. I filed it on the BB Headquarters in Minnesota because the policy/pratice is coming from them.

A preorder is to get the device or item when it's released, to avoid long lines etc. We all paid $50 for those benefits. If Bestbuy would've posted this information on their site and/or in the store, I would have preordered my phone straight from Sprint. The only reason I actually went with BB is because it's 3 minutes away from house.

In addition, take a look at this, which I also posted on BB Forums:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...rders_as_best_buy_halts_white_pre_orders.html

It seems as though, just maybe...Apple may have had something to do with this. As they did a similar thing with Radioshack last year with the release of the iPhone 4.

----------

I thought that in order to preorder the phone, they ran some checks on you to make sure you're approved and/or elgible for the phone in the first place. I think it's crazy for someone to just go dropping $50 at all these stores.

I do know like for the games, game systems and the Touchpad fire sale, a lot of people did just that. But what they did was bring there brother, sister, uncle , cousin etc. with them to buy one.

9. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

guys they changed the FAQ today!!

as soon as i read this when i woke up it made me SOOOO happy and im guessing everyone else missed it haha, but check this out
    http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile-Phones-Mobile-Broadband/iPhone-4S-FAQ/m-p/336484#M11687

"Please note: Pre-orders will be fulfilled with first available inventory. This means that if you hold the fifth reservation, for example, you'll receive the fifth device that the store receives of your model. Again, to eliminate all confusion, all available inventory will be used to fulfill pre-orders first. Only after all pre-orders have been fulfilled will we sell to customers without a pre-order. We apologize if this was not what was communicated to you at the time of your pre-order."

so thank you for everyone complaining because it got them to step it up and change the process to who ever pre-ordered are the ones getting it first yes!!!!!!!!

10. pirarre macrumors 6502

Wow...thanks for finding this. This is great! and I am number 5 at my store to. When I preordered, they had 5 total preorders. He said I was the first one for a white 16GB Sprint version

11. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

Very happy

well im in college.. and the best buy here in Binghamton, NY had about 25 pre orders or so last time i checked.. i was number 15 and the only one so far to get a White 64gb AT&T so im really excited about that... all my friends got the 16gb and 32gb so good luck to them haha i am VERY happy about this change!

12. neff2k macrumors newbie

I do agree that this happens all the time. If they are concerned with that, they should have made it perfectly clear in all of their promotions that this was in fact how it would be done! Heck they might as well not even promote pre-orders since there is no advantage at all. At the same time most of us that actually ordered from them originally did so we the expectations that if you "Pre-Order" you will get one from the first shipments. No where on their website, e-mails promoting the pre-order, etc. do they mention walk ins on launch day take priority over pre-orders. The only way this was discovered was when many people had already went through the pre-order process then they were told. I have already cancelled my order through them and purchased directly through Verizon. You have to admit that the way they are doing the "Pre-order" is deceptive. They have definitely lost a lot of customers already and just imagine what it's going to be like after all of these Pre-order people walk in expecting to pick up their phone only to find out they aren't getting the first batch!

13. pirarre macrumors 6502

Hey I just read that too on the site, but after reading it carefully and understanding it it says, " Pre-orders will be fulfilled with first available inventory"

But go down a little bit further and it still states:

"Pre-orders begin on October 7th. The iPhone 4S will be available for sale on a first come, first served basis on October 14th. All customers will have an equal opportunity to purchase the iPhone on launch day. Pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order they were reserved starting October 15th."

Hopefully I'm just reading too much into this. But it seems like that "first available inventory" is what seems a little confusing. you would think that they would change the post that I posted above. I mean, "The first available shipment" could be one month from now because they sold all the preorders to walk-ins (just saying)

But we'll see...

14. neff2k macrumors newbie

I take it back, they have definitely changed their policy as of this morning as you can see in the post above. A little to late for me.

15. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

i actually saw that to but i believe they just forgot to adjust the rest of the FAQ.... i guess ill have to give them a call later on today to see whats up.

16. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I haven't stepped foot into a BB in over 3 years. I am so glad they screwed me when they did. I am much happier spending my money with a company that will help me. They have been busted on more than one occasion for different scams. This one is just another.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That is great.
    I thought I was going to get my 4S 2-3 weeks after.
    Hope my local BB adjusts their policy and don't screw the people that preordered.

18. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Wait, first come first serve takes place on the 14th but people who pre-ordered have to wait til the 15th???????????????????????????????????????????????? I hope that's a typo

19. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

Great news! I preordered, but thought it was a little pointless to not get the phone on launch day. Now I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to stand in line...

A question for those who preordered: Has anyone called their local BB to confirm the new preorder policy?

20. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

You mean you have to pay an extra $50 to pre-order through BestBuy? Why wouldn't you just pre-order through Apple or your carrier and have it shipped to your house on launch day, for no extra fee?

21. pirarre macrumors 6502

Well now BB then removed the faq thread....wtf. Hopefully, they're updating the info to reflect the updated information that preorders have priority.

22. steve dave macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't trust that anything has changed until they take that statement out of the FAQ.

23. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

bstbuy

yeah, i have lots of giftcards i wanted to use and they said that even with a pre order id be in with everyone else. They explained it to me that a pre order would ensure you eventually get your phone.

24. neff2k macrumors newbie

Looks like they have removed the FAQ's section on the Best Buy forums. That is kind of concerning!

25. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

No, it's like preordering a game at Gamestop. You put $5 down, but it goes towards the cost of the item.