Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shenaria

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Did you happen to notice if Selfridges are only selling straps for the 38mm?

Can't say that I noticed if they did or not, but call them on 0207 447 1200.

They're quite happy to let you know what they do and do not have in stock.

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Has anyone bought 42mm SG BSB in these stores? I have a friend in London and maybe he can buy it in the store. My online order have "july" as delivery date...

Caffajake

macrumors member
May 18, 2015
LDN
Thought I should add for those interested, I phoned Selfridges yesterday to enquire about stock and they had 38mm AWS's with white and green bands in stock.

Last edited:

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Can anyone help me to get 42mm AWS SG with BSB in one of these stores? I have a friend in London but i to tell him what to do...

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Jaja ok...i ordered it online in Uk store three days ago and people who ordered one 11 minutes after the pre-releases start haven't received theirs yet...so, bad luck. And with these facts, i don't know how tim cook said last week that apple will be ready to launch the watch in more countries(i suppose Spain, my country, will be included) in Late june.. With late summer delivery date???#

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
Can anyone help me to get 42mm AWS SG with BSB in one of these stores? I have a friend in London but i to tell him what to do...

It's too late, DSM is out of stock. And we don't know when SG watches will ever return in stock. Could be weeks.

roddenshaw

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
I would love to, but 1 watch per customer unfortunately...

Are they back to that policy now? At my first appointment (a couple of days after they started) it was one per customer, then on my next appointment (a week or so later) I was allowed to buy two.

Caffajake

macrumors member
May 18, 2015
LDN
Are they requiring you to go into the store to book an appointment now? It's on the other side of London for me, what a pain!

roddenshaw

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Are they requiring you to go into the store to book an appointment now? It's on the other side of London for me, what a pain!

Yeah, they instigated that policy from the 27th of April I believe.

DSM has really struggled with the AW launch. I have no doubt that they have made some money from the sales, but I would be interested to know what their internal analysis of the situation is otherwise. I doubt that they attracted many new customers through the launch, and many of their existing customers were clearly annoyed by the whole debacle when I visited the store. The store manager on one particular day was struggling to cope with the whole situation, and dealt with some scalpers in an unnecessarily and publicly aggressive manner (as well as making comments that I, and they, interpreted to be racist).

I still do not understand why Apple has chosen to make the watch available in some specific stores ahead of launching it in their own stores, let alone before pre-orders could be fulfilled. Yes, Apple wants the device to be fashionable, and making it available for sale in such stores therefore makes sense, but IMO they should not have received stock ahead of Apple's own stores.

(I'm still happy to have my watch, just confused as to the way this has all played out).

Edit: If I was one of Apple's authorised resellers I would be pretty annoyed about the boutiques too.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
In terms of selfridges, do you then have to take it back to selfridges if there's an issue or can it go to any Apple Store? I'm down in London most likely on Thursday, but as I'm not there that often wouldn't want to then be forced back into London if I had an issue with it..

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
In terms of selfridges, do you then have to take it back to selfridges if there's an issue or can it go to any Apple Store? I'm down in London most likely on Thursday, but as I'm not there that often wouldn't want to then be forced back into London if I had an issue with it..

The Selfridges store operates as a regular Apple Store so I would imagine you could return to any Apple Store

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/selfridges/

Caffajake

macrumors member
May 18, 2015
LDN
Just phoned Selfridges. They've only got 38mm in stock:

AWS with blue/green/white bands
SS with black/white bands and classic band.

Any updates on DSM?

jaynaytion

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
Just picked up a 42 SG BSB from Dover Street Market, apparently they had a BIG shipment of pretty much just these the other day. You have to book an appointment 24hrs in advance still but nobody else was in there booking any just now...

They also have some t-shirts that look like something your nan would use to do the dusting for £250 if anyone's interested.

Reactions: PirateP

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Just picked up a 42 SG BSB from Dover Street Market, apparently they had a BIG shipment of pretty much just these the other day. You have to book an appointment 24hrs in advance still but nobody else was in there booking any just now...

They also have some t-shirts that look like something your nan would use to do the dusting for £250 if anyone's interested.

Can you make an appointment before that? ie today for Saturday?

jaynaytion

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
Can you make an appointment before that? ie today for Saturday?

Yes I think so but you have to book the appointment in person. You also can't reserve the model you want... you'd have to chance they hadn't sold out.

The whole thing is pretty odd if you're a normal person used to normal shops.

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Yes I think so but you have to book the appointment in person. You also can't reserve the model you want... you'd have to chance they hadn't sold out.

The whole thing is pretty odd if you're a normal person used to normal shops.

Ah so I couldnt phone up (given im in Birmingham) and come in on Saturday?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.