Droid 2 and blackberry torch not selling well?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3GEE, Aug 12, 2010.

1. 3GEE macrumors regular

3GEE

Looks like the droid 2 and blackberry torch are not exactly flying off the shelves.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/08/12/technology/droid_torch_launch/index.htm?source=cnn_bin

2. lshirase macrumors regular

blackberry torch....piece of ****. low sales expected.

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

Does that surprise you because every few months there seem to be a new Android phones coming out. Didn't Droid X just come out? I lost track of how many different version of Droid phones in the market. What a mess.

4. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

The droid incredible has only been out a couple months and it already feels like an ancient phone. People seem to group every phone under the sun that has android OS, add them up and claim it's outselling the iPhone.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

WTF do you expect? Apple like fandom.
    Apple is about the only company that can get people to line up for days in advance for just about any brand new product.

Android and blackberry never have the huge spike right after a new product is released. A quick bump at first but they stay around a steady number. Apple gets a quick spike and the is drops like a rock to a steady number.
    Once the apple fanboys/girls buy their product then you get what the real demand is. You have to strip out the fanboys and girls from apple first.

7. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

Yes! Those two phones' failure makes me feel better!

/sarc

8. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Yes, and that real demand is setting everyone back for at least three weeks of wait time. http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=OTY2ODA2OQ

9. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

10. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

No kidding...

11. MacJones macrumors 6502

"Real Demand?" :rolleyes: Give me some of whatever you're smoking.

12. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Not at all. In fact, it's getting Froyo soon, with Flash.

The Incredible is still considered one of the top five smartphones, along with the iPhone 4, EVO, Droid X and Galaxy.

I think people realize it's a combination of Android phones that are selling over six million a month.

13. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Both of those phones were just released in the stores and on line, so I think it's a little premature to call either one of them a failure. I think the Droid 2 is going to be the best of the two though, but not as good as the iPhone 4.

14. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

You're either first or you are last and since the iPhone 4 is first, all those other phones are last.

15. dojoman macrumors 65816

What spike? If the product is good people will line up to buy no matter what (fanboys or no fanboys). Just look at Nintendo Wii. People lined up to buy them and consistently sold out months or years after initial release. Fanboys have nothing to do with it.

16. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

:rolleyes: iPhone 4 may be faster than before and look nice but it is the worst one they have made as far as having problems. iPhone is really nice but so are some of those others. And yes, Android 2.2 will have flash.

17. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

They really should rewrite economics textbooks to include the "fanboys/girls" adjustment to demand. Apparently 8.7 million of them rush out to buy Apple's products before the "real demand" kicks in.

/s

18. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Where have you been?

These were not expected to be big sellers. What's the point? Who cares?
    Perhaps this makes you feel better. It validates an obsession with sales figures that only matter to their respective companies.

It's no secret that Apple builds good products. They've been doing it for years. No news here either.... :)

19. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

So the far superior screen resolution, reception, processing speed, video calling, size, camera, battery life, etc. are nothing because of an attenuation problem that is easily avoided and a proximity sensor sensitivity setting that affects few. GTFO

20. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Oh please... What a crock. A Nintendo Wii is not an essential product that adults must have. It's a toy, an entertainment device. I think they're fun, I have one. But to claim their sales is not driven by fanboys.... ha...ha...ha

21. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

You are dead wrong here. I can recall issues with other iPhones as well, and in time they were all fixed. Keep in mind that not all of the iP4 users are having issues with them. My iPhone 4 has no problems at all.

22. 3GEE thread starter macrumors regular

3GEE

Of course not, heh.

23. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Agree on those counts and pretty much said so but it has the most problems of them all. I know not everybody has teh same problems but overall, it has the most problems of any iPhone so far. Not to mention it is a china doll too.

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

basicly the anything sold generally opening weekend on products that have people line up it is not worth really considering that as a fair comparison.
    Apple has people who will just line up for weeks because its apple. The others do not go for that type of blind fandom. It is not fair to use that as a line of judgment comparing to other phones.

25. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I'm not so sure I agree with that. I think those numbers (comparing iPhone and Android sales) are often portrayed in a way that makes it seem like a one-to-one comparison, when it is clearly not.