Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid 2 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple..., Aug 11, 2010.

?

No iPhone? What Droid do you own?

1. Droid Incredible

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Droid X

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. Droid 2

10 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Other

64 vote(s)
    61.0%
  1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

dude, are you illiterate? this is an "iPhone forum".....this thread does not belong.

2. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

Thanks for looking out for us! I was afraid the people in the iPhone section of a Mac forum would have nowhere to talk about their Android phone. Phew.

3. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Then why are there "Sprint EVO 4G" and "Samsung Galaxy S" threads, hmm?

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

2 wrongs don't make a right.

5. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Fail. Both of those threads exist.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Fail. You missed his point.

7. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

What was his point?

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

But, but ... I get more attention/validation when I do a poll thread and all the good topics were taken!

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just because there are two android threads does make it right, i.e., iPhone forum is for discussing iPhones not android phones.

10. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I voted Other as in an iPhone because this is an iPhone Forum,

however maybe this thread would be better in a http://androidforums.com/

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

While I think its fine to discuss Android phones as they compare to iPhones, I'm not sure we need a *general* discussion about it. There is a very popular Android forum called Android Central that is very active you may wish to check out. I think you'll get a high amount of flaming here. :)

12. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Indeed, if the OP had originally posted URLs to Android forums so Android owners wound up at sites similar to this but for Android, I would have considered this a valid thread. But that's not the case so I assume this was meant to stir s**t and nothing more. In addition, I own a Blackberry but I don't see a thread for RIM owners. I also own a couple Windows Mobile devices, a couple of Nokias and so on. Not only does this thread fail on the above, it also fails in that it's very discriminatory.

Not only did I not vote on this tripe, I'm calling shenanigans.

13. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Wow. So many people on this board take the time to post but never address the topic at hand. If you don't like a thread, why even post?

I have an EVO 4G and I love it. I went EVO over Droid because I liked the look/feel of the hardware better. My two cents is that the Droid Incredible is the best of the Verizon phones.

I do occasionally miss my iPhone, and I will probably own another one in the future (when it's no longer an AT&T exclusive), but for now I'm happy with my EVO/Android just because it's different.

14. JReinn macrumors member

Laughed out loud. Clueless OP :)

15. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I still use an ancient 'feature phone' Nokia, a.k.a just a phone. No smartphone here yet, sadly :(

16. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I am with Verizon now and they are jacking me over big time. Back in June they told me the Droid X would be available in July. Come July they said August 3. Come August 3rd they tell me August 21. Then the idiot of a salesman tried to get me to buy a vaporware Droid X (pay now - play later) and he said there would a "good" chance it might arrive by August 21. Screw that. I am not about to pay now so they can use my money and I have nothing to show for it. In Florida there is a law on the books - it is 3rd degree felony. It's called "temporarily depriving use of someone's money. In other words, it is illegal to take your money NOW and promise to send merchandise sometime in the future. That's why stores like Amazon don't charge your card UNTIL item ships. It's illegal. I smell a class action suit here against Verizon and Apple. Apple did the same thing with the iPad. Bunch of crap these companies. Hey I like Apple, too. I have their laptops and desktops and love them. But as an operating company, they are screwing the people who are feeding their mouths.

In the case of Verizon, I WAS all set to lay down $602 cash for a Droid X - until the smartmouth salesman gave me crap. Now I won't buy one. Verizon lost out on that one. If the iPhone 4 is available in the stores when I go there I will buy one. The Apple store says a three week shipping time. And I am not about to let Apple use my money for three weeks and I get vaporware in return. Sorry for the rant.

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I had the EVO for awhile myself before switching back to the iPhone 4. I agree that its fun to get to know a different OS and Android definitely has *some* features that work better than the iOS. I certainly liked widgets on the HTC sense interface.

However, for a phone that is marketed as a fantastic media device. It's harder to get music and video onto it. That's one thing that needs to change with Android I'm afraid.

18. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Finally, a decent response that actually relates to the topic. Agreed - if you don't like the thread, why even post?

True, but it's not exactly Google's area of expertise. Their good at ads and more ads. That's the main reason Android exists - mobile advertising.

19. lnferno macrumors 6502

If I own a Chevy, should I go to Ford to ask them about my Chevy or would it make more sense to talk to Chevy owners about my Chevy? :rolleyes:

20. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

If you don't like the thread, why bother posting?

21. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

do you not even get the point of all this? here, let me bust out the crayons and color it out for you....

1. this is an IPHONE FORUM (Arn of MacRumors created this forum specifically for people to discuss.....wait for it.....the IPHONE)

2. if you want to discuss the iPhone as compaired to other phones, such as android phones, then do so. However, to create a thread SPECIFICALLY geared toward people to "discuss generally", the Andoid platform by itself, is well, dumb. Go to an Android forum. I'm sure there is a guy, just like Arn, who created a "General Discussion" or "Android Forum" for you to hold your discussions

I'm still baffled why you want to even discuss Android phones on an iPhone forum. really, i'm baffled...... :confused:

22. lnferno macrumors 6502

Because this is an IPHONE forum! Your post has absolutely nothing to do with an iPhone and myself and many others are tired of topics getting posted in an iPhone forum that have nothing to do with the iPhone. Get it?

23. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

It's the iPhone's closest competition.

24. alent1234 macrumors 603

my 3GS contract is up next year

if AT&T has a nice Android phone like the Droid Incredible i'll probably check it out instead of the iphone 5.

at this point 90% of the functionality and the hardware is identical between the platforms. and i even tell people this if they ask me which phone to get.