Early iPhone 7 Case Has No Headphone Jack and Stereo Speaker Cutouts

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 9, 2016.

1. td2243 macrumors 6502

To play the devils advocate, is the compression from Bluetooth headphones any worse than MP3 compression?

2. JohnStrass macrumors regular

some think its better to be first. Others think its better to be correct

3. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68020

bladerunner2000

Yay! Another device to worry about keeping charged.

4. ReneR macrumors 6502

yep, SBC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBC_(codec) was actually pretty aweful, ...
    beside recompression introduces even more additional artifacts anyway
    Only in the last years the situation became a little better with aptx and direct AAC streaming, ...

but still, why would I not want a cable that just works without pairing hiccup and wifi interference, ... and in an airplane and wherever, ...?

5. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

"The only thing that's changed is everything again a second time"

Second time. Get it? Two speakers? Second speaker?

Hire me.

6. teslo macrumors 6502a

teslo

i wondered if you were directing that at the commenters but you kinda just jumped in directing it at the article. there's literally no language in the it (on the site called mac rumors) that indicates this is being reported as fact yet.

7. DiscoStress macrumors newbie

Looks like the 6s will be my last IPhone :-(

I know this is just a rumor but nothing can surprise me from Apple now. That's what happens when you make too much money and forget what innovation is...

I guess our generation is ok with mediocre sound

8. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

Cool, I'll be watching the short interest on AAPL. Proprietary headphones is a big f u to the users. And only allowing the best camera on the ridiculously sized phablet is insane (I know the 6+ has marginally a better camera that the 6) Everything Apple has done in the last 2 years have pushed me more towards a Droid or maybe it's time to look at a Windows phone.

Lastly they need to put the sleep button back up on top. I can't tell you how many times I've been recording a video and I hit that damn button!!!!

9. meaning-matters macrumors 6502

meaning-matters

I'd love to see an early Apple VR headset case instead.

10. PlainviewUVGF macrumors 6502a

PlainviewUVGF

Stereo speakers on the same side of the phone? Well, that's pretty stupid.

11. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Yeah, the media, which isn't privy to these case leaks and rumors the way we are, is going to be totally blindsided.

Trump: "This is has gone on long enough! I can assure you I'm a bigger man than Hillary Clinton will ever be. In fact, I can prove it!" (With short fingers, he begins to remove his belt.)

Announcer: "We interrupt our live coverage of the first Presidential debate to bring you important news. Apple has finally revealed their new iPhone. In a shocking twist, the new phone will be called the iPhone 6T, and will retain mostly the same dimensions as the iPhone 6S and speculation about next year's iPhone is going to be the subject of our two-hour special coverage starting tonight at 9 pm. We now take you live to Anderson Cooper, live on the scene at Apple's new "spaceship" campus. Anderson, what's the situation where you are?

Anderson Cooper: "The painters and landscapers here are going crazy since they heard the news. I've even heard reports of rioting inside the building. But that's nothing compared to the mayhem in and around the Moscone Center, where the announcement was made..."

12. 8692574, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016

8692574 Suspended

99.9% of Android phones do that ........ and actually iPhone need the "made for iPhone" while other phones works with whatever!!
    I'd say it's the best reason to move from an Android device! /sarcasm

So it is not a major feature to you and yet :

Ya...keep trolling!
    EDIT:
    If you need a reason, there will be plenty of headphones with remote that will adopt lightning connector.... and if you have a good pair of headphones / in ear , chances are you can change the wire and voilà!!!
    [​IMG]

No hassle, no adaptor ....and you can keep enjoyoing the phone.....but then again complaining is easier and cheaper.

13. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

The fact that it's posted here means MANY take it as fact. Look at how people get upset every time over RUMORS. They forget what the word RUMOR means and believe it to be fact.

You may be able to separate hearsay and guesses from fact, but the vast majority here show they have no capacity to do so.

14. kcamfork Suspended

If Ive uses the term "revolutionize" for removing the 3.5mm audio pin, I'm going to vomit.

15. DiscoStress macrumors newbie

Double compression is not gonna help ;p

16. JonneyGee macrumors 6502

JonneyGee

If we're getting stereo sound, why not put the other speaker on the top of the phone, so when you watch a video you'll have stereo sound. Two speakers on the bottom of the phone would be too close together to matter, and people typically watch media in landscape mode anyway. Then the 3.5mm jack could remain as well.

17. DiscoStress macrumors newbie

Anything for another epic Apple engineer Video HAHAH

18. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

Well, maybe my battery case will still be useful next year after all...

19. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

Me thinks it a bit too early to put total faith in what the iphone 7 will look like based on some case design. There hasn't been any real actual part leaks yet. Way too early.

20. Keerock macrumors regular

Why is posting a crappy phone case mockup from a crappy UNKNOWN after-market vendor even Macrumors news? This has literally zero value as we are all just dogs chasing our tails.

This leaker is speculating
    that this case manufacturer is speculating
    the form factor based on the speculated
    form factors on this site.

In the Pron world, this is known as a Daisy Chain.

21. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68020

bladerunner2000

I'm sure there will be plenty of apple apologists to spin it somehow as a positive.

You know, sony makes a phone at under 5 inches in size with a 3.5mm headphone jack and two front facing speakers (one up top and one below). It's the Z5C.

Why does apple feel the need to spit in the face of its customers?

22. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I really really really hope this is false. No headphone jack? one more thing to charge? to buy? ugh.

23. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

We have wireless everything, or we are at least headed that direction with most electronic peripherals. Why would it be any different with headphones? Do people honestly believe that a push to Bluetooth (or something different/better down the road) wouldn't happen? Apple does this all the time and for the most part, it has benefited everyone. Yes, there will be a small fraction of people that "must" have their wired headphones, but for the majority, a wireless solution will be much preferred. The people who say I won't be buying an iPhone anymore are a joke. After Apple does it, no phones will have headphone jacks in a short amount of time.

24. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I agree. I don't get it either. I'm not all that fussed about the lack of a headphone jack. I just use Apple headphones anyway. Only problem is, what if I want to listen to music AND charge my phone?

25. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

No one knows whether Apple will go dual camera or not, or on what models. EVERYTHING is rumor right now.