Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone5-2-500x211.jpg

BGR briefly reports that an AT&T vice president has confirmed to some employees that the iPhone 5 is indeed slated to launch in early October as has recently been rumored by several sources.
Additionally, the VP communicated the following to a group of managers: "Expect things to get really, really busy in the next 35-50 days, so prepare your teams accordingly."
Apple's carrier partners are frequently kept in the dark about Apple's exact launch plans, although AT&T has proven to be one of Apple's closer partners and hints from the carrier such as employee vacation blackouts have in the past narrowed down iPhone launch dates.

Article Link: Early October Launch of iPhone 5 Confirmed by AT&T Vice President to Employees?

jared52

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
I'm sure the VP of AT&T reads the gadget sites as well and he could just be going by that.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Yeah, I was expecting a leaked memo or something but this could mean anything. Maybe AT&T is going to run some big promotion or something. The statement doesn't even hint at a new product.

Not saying that iPhone 5 isn't coming, but that this is absolutely no proof of it what so ever.

deadlystriker

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
It's only a matter of time before the iPhone 5 gets released. Looking forward to the september event.

bythewar

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2011
I won't call it proof until it exits from the mouth of Jobs. I'm waiting for some rumor to entice me with a 64 gb model of the new iPhone.

Icarus73

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
Let's hope AT&T is better equipped to deal with the iPhone 5 launch than they were with the iPhone 4 launch. What a JOKE of customer service that was...

realmike15

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
This is exciting for me. I've been using the 3G for other 3 years now, and I'm just tired of how slow it is. I hardly use it anymore, because of all the waiting just to do anything. The maps applications is especially bad, just trying to type in a location and find it is painful. Something major changed when they released the 3GS, because the difference between it and the 3G is like night and day.

Anyway, all I'm hoping for is 64GB Capacity, 8MP Camera, and the new Dual Core A5. It feels like I've been throwing away $100/month for last few years, and I look forward to being able to use my phone again.

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
This is exciting for me. I've been using the 3G for other 3 years now, and I'm just tired of how slow it is. I hardly use it anymore, because of all the waiting just to do anything. The maps applications is especially bad, just trying to type in a location and find it is painful. Something major changed when they released the 3GS, because the difference between it and the 3G is like night and day.

I don't know how you do it. I applaud you.
I upgrade with each refresh...

3G -> 3GS -> Black 4 -> White 4 -> Pending 5

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
Take this with a grain of salt. Until Steve announces phone ios5 is the only concrete launch we have. I'm over these threads refering to new iphones...:rolleyes:

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Apple's carrier partners are frequently kept in the dark about Apple's exact launch plans, although AT&T has proven to be one of Apple's closer partners and hints from the carrier such as employee vacation blackouts have in the past narrowed down iPhone launch dates.

BS

the carriers have to certify the phone on their networks before they will allow it

once that is done it's not like apple is going to sit on it for months without selling unless there is some issue in manufacturing

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
Four stories in a row about finger dragging ape devices. This site should really consider changing the name to iosrumours.

nylonsteel

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2010
re update to original article

"..single word response of his own: "Yep." - short and sweet - i likes it

though i spell it yup

" dream police..." - cheap trick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.