element bumper "vapor"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by txr0ckabilly, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txr0ckabilly thread starter macrumors 6502

if i could get an aluminum dock that fit this case i would buy the combo in a heart beat.

2. Branman1 macrumors member

awesome cases but a little too expensive for me.

3. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Damn.

Very nice looking, but anodized aluminum is relatively soft, and would probably scratch up pretty good if dropped. At the same time, aluminum doesn't offer much energy absorption so I'd worry about blunt force injury to my iThing's insides if dropped too.

Edit to add: I just read the description a little more and saw the part about spaceage energy absorbing material. Ok. Cool.

Sean

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

7. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I'm still leaning on the skeptical side. There are no pictures showing the side with the volume buttons and hold switch, arguably one of the most important aspects of any case. They talk about having a machined aluminum power button but that's it. I'll be sticking with my soon-to-arrive Incipio Feather case until that little detail is revealed and then I'll decide.
    As an aside, I'm happy I have an Apple Universal Dock which should be big enough to accommodate the case.

8. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

it also is available with an optional carbon fiber backplate for $20 more
    if thats real carbon fiber, getting it for $20 seems like a bargin

9. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I would be very interested to know if the material used in this fine looking case interfere's at all with the already bad antenna system on the Quattro. I guess I'll wait for some online and YouTube reviews before pulling the trigger.

BTW: Love the Dremel 8200 ad at the top of the page. Must be from all those damn bumper threads. :)

10. 8mpg macrumors regular

there is discussion about the bumper...."raddest" something or other.

[​IMG]

11. txr0ckabilly thread starter macrumors 6502

i wish it wasn't so open at the bottom. i like the idea of three holes instead just the one big one for rigidity. i feel like those two aluminum strips at the bottom would be pretty flimsy. other than that, the renders look sweet.

12. hidefguy macrumors 6502

The above pictures shows where the volume buttons are, it's a open design. Would have been sweet if they made it just like the power button and closed it off just like the bumper.

13. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

14. txr0ckabilly thread starter macrumors 6502

their site must be getting hammered today. it's been up and down for a while.

15. 8mpg macrumors regular

The aluminum will be plenty strong. Must stronger than the plastic cases out there. I woundnt worry one bit. I love to fabricate stuff...just wish I had a mill to make something like this.

16. splizaat macrumors member

for the price? NO THANKS! but it looks AWESOME!

17. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I emailed them to see if I can get one without the big VAPOR logo on the side... in my opinion its really stupid to add that as a company, especially when its $100. Its one thing if it was a small logo on the bottom or something but it looks dumb. :eek:

18. americaroma macrumors regular

I emailed that too, saying that me and a buch of friends want it but without the VAPOR logo that big...

I also asked if it was possible to buy it without the logo... Hope theres more people sending emails about the same thing... I dont understand why would they put those big ugly letters to a great looking bumber/case

19. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Yep, me either. Its an awesome looking case except for the big letters etched onto it... this is the first case I've seen that displays its name on the side in huge letters. It shouldn't be too hard for them to just not etch the letters onto the side.

20. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The site does have a note saying that customer laser etch will be available in the future. I'm assuming that means without the logo. You never know though!

21. coelacanth macrumors 6502

It's like buying a Windows PC with massive amount of softwares you don't need. You'll have to go with built-to-order and PAY EXTRA to get a machine without preinstalled craps. I really hope this company realizes having that huge logo as default is a massive fail before they make thousands of them.

22. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Yeah, this morning their case made it on Gizmodo and a bunch of Mac sites which is why their site is getting hammered... most of the responses are like "awesome case, I would buy it but without the huge logo"

23. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

Thanks for finding the image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.