Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillMc40

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2012
So what do you think of the fit on this orginal real deal vapor pro

Attachments

• 600x480-DSCN0120.JPG
    600x480-DSCN0120.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 184

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010

kind of hard to see with the flash, but from the sounds of it you have a faulty case. I would return it or exchange it. Mine fits perfect on my phone, no gaps anywhere, and doesn't feel too tight anywhere.

BillMc40

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2012

Here is the responce I got from Element:
"
Bill Mc

Element Case Inc. said:

yesterday (1 day, 16 hours ago) [02/03/2012 01:45PM]

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your inquiry with Element Case.

The case is primarily designed "not" to touch the metal edges nor the glass of your iPhone. One good reason is that upon impact (accidental drop), your glass may crack or the impact may damage your iPhone completely. The air gap will help you greatly on these situations.

As for the polycarbonate cap, you will notice that the volume control might not be aligned well with the actual volume control for the iPhone. One of the reason for this is because the Verizon/Sprint phones have slight differences from the AT&T iPhone. It's very small but we try to accommodate both phones in our design.

Let me know if you are having any other issues I can be of assistance with."

From the RF Poly Insert to the top of the iphone you can clearly see the antenna band. I guess I have 30days to got this to my satisfaction. I just feel for 150.00 it should be perfect. Itsis a phone bumper.
BillMc

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Pro vs. comp / Residue

Hi guys, can anyone help me in deciding on the Pro vs. Comp? Comp is $50 cheaper, is Pro worth the extra $50?

Also, has anyone had experience taking OFF back plates? Is the glass shiny and smooth or is there 3M Glue residue?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Hi guys, can anyone help me in deciding on the Pro vs. Comp? Comp is $50 cheaper, is Pro worth the extra $50?

Also, has anyone had experience taking OFF back plates? Is the glass shiny and smooth or is there 3M Glue residue?

thats like asking if this infiniti G is worth more money than the nissan maxima. its just based on preference and most people that have the Pro will tell you its worth it and most people that have the comp will tell you its not.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Guys, Amazon is selling Pros for about 130...sound legit? Atleast wih Amazon, easy refunds if ou dont like

BillMc40

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2012
Guys, Amazon is selling Pros for about 130...sound legit? Atleast wih Amazon, easy refunds if ou dont like
When I was thinking about the Vapor Pro Stealth, I called Element they advise to use only thier resellers listed on the web site. Do a search for a 20% off coupon for thier site. My wife found one on line fast. I did order direct.
BillMc

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010

no theres no residue at all. and even if there was it wouldnt be that hard to clean it with a moist towel or tissue.

I have the r8 pro and love it. If 50 bucks isn't an issue for you might as well go top of the line.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
Here is the responce I got from Element:
"
Bill Mc

Element Case Inc. said:

yesterday (1 day, 16 hours ago) [02/03/2012 01:45PM]

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your inquiry with Element Case.

The case is primarily designed "not" to touch the metal edges nor the glass of your iPhone. One good reason is that upon impact (accidental drop), your glass may crack or the impact may damage your iPhone completely. The air gap will help you greatly on these situations.

As for the polycarbonate cap, you will notice that the volume control might not be aligned well with the actual volume control for the iPhone. One of the reason for this is because the Verizon/Sprint phones have slight differences from the AT&T iPhone. It's very small but we try to accommodate both phones in our design.

Let me know if you are having any other issues I can be of assistance with."

From the RF Poly Insert to the top of the iphone you can clearly see the antenna band. I guess I have 30days to got this to my satisfaction. I just feel for 150.00 it should be perfect. Itsis a phone bumper.
BillMc

I agree... For $150 that's a weak explanation. Not that you paid $150, but that is what they are asking for it.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010

common sense... use it. why would a case that retails for almost double that be sold for that price? It just doesn't make ANY sense. Like people that get ripped off on ebay... well what do you expect when you try to pay 50 bucks for something that costs more than a bill?

edit why does it say $130 but then also 5 new for 85 and 1 used 90? If you were talking about the 130 price that seems a little bit more legit. But you might as well buy off the site and get their warranty. If you buy even from a retailer you end up having to deal with them instead of Element themselves if there's an issue. (Personal experience)

ValentinoV

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012
I have the white vapor pro and have no issues with the GPS on my 4s.

thanks, a couple more questions before i plop down $150 if you guys don't mind.

Will the carbon fiber affect the gps signal?

will the carbon fiber back or any of the other element backs fit if i was to put it into a survivor case? (naked phone + carbon back + griffin survivor)

(I ask the last question because I work construction)

kppolich

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Top notch build quality and fit. I have a black elemet vapor pro and it doesn't have any negative effect on reeption. So nice, I also like the actual feel of the power button on top. Sadly, I don't really need a $130.00 case :(
00d13f01.jpg

44a72654.jpg

Last edited:

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Ok I finally got around to modifying my vapor 4. Got it all sanded and painted white. I rounded all the edges more and fits all nice and tight. Looks awesome. Perfect color matching except with the nasty yellowing from my zagg shields :mad:

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
I wanna see some pics of the comp in black or silver on a black iphone. Thinking about ordering one, only thing I don't like about the black comp is the silver power button but I don't want to spend a extra $20 on the stealth version because I will never use the carbon fiber backplate or the carry case.

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI

I ordered one then I backed out the morning it was supposed to ship. I went to Element's website and they said they only had one authorized dealer. They warned against buying it from Amazon or Ebay as they are all fake.

My personal gut feeling is they are fake and they are selling it at a higher price to make it look legit. Then again I could dead wrong and they are legit and sold at a discount. If I decide to buy Element in the future, I'll buy it off Element's website.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
:cool:If I buy new I am getting one from element directly and using the 20% off coupon. No question if it is real or not unlike amazon or a unauthorized dealer.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
:cool:If I buy new I am getting one from element directly and using the 20% off coupon. No question if it is real or not unlike amazon or a unauthorized dealer.

FWIW, you actually can use Amazon. Little Black Robot, an authorized distributor as seen on ElementCase's site has an Amazon Store. Free Prime Shipping and a great customer support base. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.