Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Pretty funny actually. Musk wants the illusion of "free speech" without the private market decisions that come with it. No, Elon, they don't "hate free speech", they hate the hate speech, racism, and bigotry that you have let back on your site.
I posted this before on this thread…but define hate speech…and give examples of racism and bigotry….

AltecX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Philly
One of the reasons I was so excited for Elon to buy Twitter is because there is no way he could make it worse. Either he could actually make it more politically balanced rather than catering to the most insane far-left members of journalism and academia, or he could destroy it in the process and rid the internet of the toxic hellsite. Seems he's going with option b. Fine with me!
Except that its multiple times been proven it DOESNT cater to far left, just the that Right spends more time lying and spreading hate/lies so they get more punishment. Its not hard to figure out that if the Rights RELIYING on lies and misinformation they will more often be the BAP stick then people that just are down for Gay marriage and fair wages. If the Right knew how to not be total trash humans and know the difference between their feelings/faith and facts there wouldn't be an issue.

Bunch of Right wing snowflakes. Most the time you throw an argument their way their reply is normally throwing insults and wanting to fight you. I'm fine with that type of person being shut up.

blazerunner

Suspended
Nov 16, 2020
Seriously? If people didn't depend on it there wouldn't be this massive uproar over it. They depend on it the same as they depend on facebook, instagram, and other social media sites.
The types of people you're describing are ones with an addiction to social media. Their lives wouldnt change drastically if Twitter went down. A business for example, that 'depends' on social media... would change drastically.

That said, who or what is depending on Twitter??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.