Empty Lock screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geemiller05, Nov 7, 2017.

1. geemiller05, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

geemiller05 macrumors 6502

Does anyone else randomly go to unlock their phone or go back to the lock screen and the jumbo clock disappears? I can replicate the issue on call but it does happen at least twice a day. The only way for me to fix it is by performing a soft reset. It’s really bothersome. This has happened on both iPhone X models that I’ve owned. (T-Mobile space gray) (sprint silver <current>)

I tried to upload a photo but website is giving me an error. Basically the jumbo time and date are gone from the lock screen leaving huge empty space. Doesn’t even show the padlock when the phone locks or unlocks.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

How do you go back to the lock screen? I haven't noticed this yet on mine, the time and lock have always been on there.

3. geemiller05, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

geemiller05 thread starter macrumors 6502

Accessing notification shade screen. It’s basically your lock screen. Also if I hit the power button it will show the lock screen losing the time and date before it blacks out. Really annoying

4. Hookem99 macrumors member

Its been an issue for a while. I have this problem on my X, 7+ & iPad Pro. It was listed as a known issue in one of the recent Public Betas. If you look back, it's happened before with other iOS releases.

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Yeah, I know the power button, but I guess I just viewed notification shade differently. Still don't see it there though, hopefully it gets fixed for you, have you tried a soft reboot?

6. geemiller05 thread starter macrumors 6502

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was something new to the X. Guess I’ll join the “sit and wait” line.

7. Nysprtsfn macrumors newbie

Nysprtsfn

It always happened on my 7plus but not yet on my X

8. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I see the flashlight and the camera on the lockscreen but tapping them doesnt do anything. How do I get those to work and can you customize what's on the lockscreen?

9. Hookem99 macrumors member

Press and hold for a second. You'll feel a haptic when they activate.