General Evasi0n team speaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Batman89, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Batman89, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013

Batman89 macrumors 6502

http://evasi0n.com/l.html

2. fark macrumors regular

Maybe evad3rs hired the same team who developed healthcare.gov.

3. macornomac macrumors 6502

4. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

lol.. translate: We gave him a chance to join us.. he declined, so we beat him.

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah, this whole thing pisses me off. saurik was just kinda ignored, and without him, cydia would have never been created. i lost a lot of respect for the evad3rs team. and to think they did this for money is the disgusting part.

6. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Finally getting some truth here....I guess they had to release it early not be beaten by saurik

----------

I'm against the whole piracy and stuff but they do deserve money for what they do. They bring a free jailbreak to everyone and it's not easy with this whole cat and mouse with apple. But I do agree they should've been more upright with it and the whole china fake AppStore is a real bad look.

7. oatman13 macrumors regular

Why...? What's worth doing is worth doing for money, right? Jailbreaking is not easy and only a handful of people are smart enough on this planet to do it. If they wanted to split a million bucks amongst 4 developers, power to them, they deserve it.

8. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Uninstalling and waiting for Saurik if true. F them.

9. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

"If you're good at something never do it for free" you really think they spent time with the jailbreak code just for social labor?

10. stage5 macrumors member

I don't like any of this at all.

What was meant to be something great has just turned into a complete shambles. It's hard knowing who to trust.

I think I will wait until another jailbrake arrives.

11. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

the chronic dev team said a long time ago, they do this not for money but to make the jailbreaks. so this just makes that statement bs. the only reason they released it now is because they could get money for it.

12. boobie12 macrumors 6502

And I would do the same if I was in their shoes. Why shouldn't they get paid. They don't have to do this for free. And it's not an easy task.

----------

Thank you. They definitely do. We should be happy that they dedicate time to this. And we get all the benefits.

13. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

Sometimes I just wish they charged for the jailbreak.

14. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

The only reason I actually need to jailbreak is because of SAM unlock.
    I think these guys are just digging their own grave, like Apple's "efforts" weren't enough.

To be honest, I'd rather not have jailbreak than assist to deplorable events like this one. Just my two cents.

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Then buy an unlocked phone.

16. Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

I wouldnt mind paying a few dollars for a jailbreak... but the way the evaders handled this thing got them enemies from all ends.. if they do deside to delete the ChinesePirateStore, my guess is the people who paid them wont be happy at all, and they´ve already pissed off the community, Saurik etc.

17. bushido Suspended

bushido

why? apparently saurik made some deals too so he didnt want to "join" them so they released it without his consent instead. see nothing wrong with that, its not like they "stole" his jailbreak and released it as their own.

18. stage5 macrumors member

Could Saurik block Cydia and MobileSubstrate on evasion jailbroken devices and only allow it on his jailbreak?

19. KALLT macrumors 601

There are other ways to get paid. Donations or funding, for instance. The source of the money is the problem here. A related problem is the lack of transparency and the now given proof that companies can influence the development of jailbreaks. It may actually undermine the goals of the jailbreak community as a whole. Part of the reason to jailbreak was to break free from a company's (Apple) control. Now it may be others who do it.

20. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

nope, Cydia is just another app that is installed, it's not part of the JB itself.

21. Brian Y macrumors 68040

This whole debacle hasn't earned them any friends.

Moreover, this "story" doesn't ring true with what other jailbreak developers are saying on twitter. It's not just Saurik that's pissed off with them. Saurik isn't the only high-profile dev who didn't see this coming. Plus people aren't happy that they're just blaming a dev who has been around much longer than they have.

And there's still unanswered questions - why just drop an unexpected payload without telling people first? Why not give people the choice to install it or not? Why is the app phoning home?

They're passing the buck to Saurik - I think (hope) people will see through this and see exactly what it is. They got paid to bundle some crapware and got caught with their pants down.

22. stage5 macrumors member

If I was Saurik I wouldn't update Cydia and MobileSubstrate for a good few months until he was ready to release his jailbreak.

It would completely screw over the evaders and people would be complaining about how their evasion jailbrake 'doesn't work'.

23. fark macrumors regular

Wise up. It's not that they got paid, it is who paid them, the Communist Chinese Govt. Anyone who thinks it was because they wanted a Chinese App Store is deluded.

24. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Yea and it wouldn't really effect no one but us the ppl who want to jailbreak. So no he shouldn't do thag