Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 423 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 903 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 210 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I'm a bit confused - Ultra Violet is a bluish-purple. I'd like to see a more true purple, an even mix of red and blue. But any new purple is fine with me. Green would be cool too.

sorry, by a blue-ish purple I mean sort of a more purple-y version of royal pulse, like this.

fits in with the whole night/sleep theme a few others were discussing. Wouldn’t be surprised if a color very similar to this came out.
[automerge]1587184056[/automerge]
I’ve always loved the discount for Macs and never experienced any Apple refurb as anything but new. The only downside is getting stuck with a default band. I have two black/space black sport bands now that I’ll never use. I wonder if the s5 will get the picker or just the ones Amazon/Best Buy pairs.

I wonder if the refurb watches are brand new outer cases like Macs, of course with the space black DLC it would be hard to know if they replaced the sapphire front, whose top coat def scratches sometimes.

IIRC they just take returns and defective units and replace parts when necessary. So much as a single scratch or nick on the body or display and they just recycle the thing for parts, and build refurbs from those parts. Could be wrong though.

Attachments

• 783D4E98-EAF9-49A9-B572-ECC6E3A65698.jpeg
    783D4E98-EAF9-49A9-B572-ECC6E3A65698.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: twanj and CarlJ

jags828

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Think someone posted a comparison to Blue Orbit, and Surf was lighter. I like the color, but not enough to justify buying it as I have many light blues already.

Reactions: twanj and mikedop

mikeb298

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2019
Indiana
Well history says the summer 2020 is the final season for the tri-tones. Looks like the original color-with-white-overfuzz lasted a year, as did the fall 2018 flip to the darker-than-base tone overfuzz. But I also wonder if they’re kind of out of new internal fuzz patterns and the basic combinatorics of doing multicolors means we’ll see the series 6 sport loops continue the “fun” of the look that arrived with series 5 ???

(shot in the dark if we are indeed getting a sleep-capable battery...maybe the new loops will have some pseudo-science “sleep-friendly” colors...I’m sure there’s a quack influencer on payroll ready to tell us about special colors to get our full eight hours of REM...maybe they’ll call one of them melatonin lol)

some cali golden hour shots for @twanj
(I didn’t care for grapefruit when apple sent it by mistake but it is such a nice watch face color for orange and pink bands, especially hyper crimson; the black lugs on the hyper crimson really work on the black and gray watches, I think it was a good call given that Nike bands are ”meant” for a certain aluminum coutnerpart)

View attachment 906590 View attachment 906591 View attachment 906592 View attachment 906593
I sent Vitamin C back. Was really wanting to love it but just...didn’t. I wish the two tones were reversed.

Reactions: twanj

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I love it just because there was a huge ”orange loop” hole in my collection but it was a little disappointing to find the “top” more gray than purple irl. Grurple?

There’s a huge “orange band” hole in everyone’s collection. Only good orange is Hermès, and it doesn’t even come in S/M 42mm, which means even if I could afford one, it’d be too big. I just want some true good oranges that aren’t a pastel or reddish variant.

Reactions: twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
There’s a huge “orange band” hole in everyone’s collection. Only good orange is Hermès, and it doesn’t even come in S/M 42mm, which means even if I could afford one, it’d be too big. I just want some true good oranges that aren’t a pastel or reddish variant.
Just curious, where does spicy orange land for you? If hypothetically Apple sold the band or loop again? I swear its not as reddish as it looks in the post upthread that I’m always going back and looking at to get my oranges straight.

That’s not to say I don’t feel you, I got the Hermès from chargerstore as a gift but still that $110 feels gross and I’m happy to wear the M/L. The $150 for the S/M-inclusive version is simply insane.

Reactions: mikedop and twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Spicy orange loop and Hermes Noir Single Tour — those are my sole band regrets. Not a strong enough feeling to pay more than retail, though.. so “regrets” they will stay, I suppose!
Chargerstore has a 42mm loop but I’m guessing that’s too big.

Also I just pulled out my oranges and spicy orange band really starts to look red next to Hermes, it’s playing color tricks on me for sure and I also kind of love all oranges from red to pastel, so I‘m not the best perspective on this. It does seem like there’s room for an orange between Hermes and Spicy without getting all pink, tbh. But I wonder what kind of DMZ there is around that patented Hermes shade.

Excuse the crude Pixelmator experiment...couldn’t quite get the red out of spicy orange but I think I found a shade that could work. It’s basically the yellow orange trim from the Canary loop?
BBC227F1-11A7-4263-9F92-CAC5BCD120F2.jpeg

Last edited:

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
Chargerstore has a 42mm loop but I’m guessing that’s too big.

Also I just pulled out my oranges and spicy orange band really starts to look red next to Hermes, it’s playing color tricks on me for sure and I also kind of love all oranges from red to pastel, so I‘m not the best perspective on this. It does seem like there’s room for an orange between Hermes and Spicy without getting all pink, tbh. But I wonder what kind of DMZ there is around that patented Hermes shade.

Excuse the crude Pixelmator experiment...couldn’t quite get the red out of spicy orange but I think I found a shade that could work. It’s basically the yellow orange trim from the Canary loop?
View attachment 907512

Right-on! Maybe “Pumpkin Spice Sport Band” haha

As for the loop from chargerstore, you semi-convinced (aka semi-enabled) me. I submitted an offer for $39 (he’s asking $49). If he says no, that’s ok with me! :)

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Right-on! Maybe “Pumpkin Spice Sport Band” haha

As for the loop from chargerstore, you semi-convinced (aka semi-enabled) me. I submitted an offer for $39 (he’s asking $49). If he says no, that’s ok with me! :)
That’s by far my fav of the white-fuzz era. I’m sure that’s the first one I ever ordered.

Wow pumpkin seems super obvious, good call. Maybe because of the PSL backlash they’ve chosen to stay away.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Just curious, where does spicy orange land for you? If hypothetically Apple sold the band or loop again? I swear its not as reddish as it looks in the post upthread that I’m always going back and looking at to get my oranges straight.

That’s not to say I don’t feel you, I got the Hermès from chargerstore as a gift but still that $110 feels gross and I’m happy to wear the M/L. The $150 for the S/M-inclusive version is simply insane.

Spicy Orange I’d love to have, but damn are those resell prices high, assuming you can even find one. Just going to wait and see what Apple releases later this year. I’m hopeful we’ll get a good true orange soon.

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
So, the Hermès Noir Swift Leather Single Tour is... back in stock and, uh, orderable.

Thank you sir! Checked almost every day in the last few weeks but didn’t today. It’s available for order in Canada and I.. just placed my order!

Didn’t feel right not having all the SBSS premium options for my SBSS 44. So thanks for the heads up, and don’t tell my wife! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.