Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 422 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 903 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 210 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I think it’s a great switch up from the white sport band. It’s very fresh like you said, the reflective threads give it a nice shimmer in the right light and if you’re in a loop mood over regular sport band I think it makes this one worth it enough to keep along with your white SB especially with white being a color you adore.

Using it sparingly is a good idea. The reflectiveness of mine has been greatly reduced by a build-up of sweat/skin/gunk that I just can't seem to get out of it. It's off-colour now. Hasn't happened with any of my other reflective nike loops.

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I found a "brand new without tags, Apple Hyper-Grape sport loop (MV862AM/A)" on eBay this week and the seller accepted my $32 offer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392852601007

There were no pictures, so I emailed her to confirm:

Can you please confirm that the description is accurate and that this is a genuine and brand new Apple Black/Hyper Grape band before you ship? You did not include any pictures of the item, so I am unable to verify.

Her response was:

It’s a BAND like a wrist band that goes on the Apple Watch not the actual Apple Watch itself the listing says BAND do you want me to refund you ?

My last response was:

I know it's a band. What I can't tell (because you didn't post pictures) is the CONDITION AND AUTHENTICITY of the item. Can you please verify that this is an authentic (OEM) Apple band (not generic) and that it is brand new and unused?

LOL. Is it me?!. What are the chances that she's going to send me a generic, used purple band?!

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I found a "brand new without tags, Apple Hyper-Grape sport loop (MV862AM/A)" on eBay this week and the seller accepted my $32 offer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392852601007

There were no pictures, so I emailed her to confirm:

Can you please confirm that the description is accurate and that this is a genuine and brand new Apple Black/Hyper Grape band before you ship? You did not include any pictures of the item, so I am unable to verify.

Her response was:

It’s a BAND like a wrist band that goes on the Apple Watch not the actual Apple Watch itself the listing says BAND do you want me to refund you ?

My last response was:

I know it's a band. What I can't tell (because you didn't post pictures) is the CONDITION AND AUTHENTICITY of the item. Can you please verify that this is an authentic (OEM) Apple band (not generic) and that it is brand new and unused?

LOL. Is it me?!. What are the chances that she's going to send me a generic, used purple band?!
Judging from the response alone, probably a cheap knockoff. If they don’t know for certain it’s authentic, most of the time it’s the same kind of person who is fine with a $3.50 knockoff.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Do you guys have bands that you love the colour of but don’t wear often for whatever reason? For me, I love the colour of pollen, papaya and pomegranate but I rarely wear them because they don’t seem to fit into my wardrobe as well as cooler colours like greens and blues. Part of me likes to hold on to them because they are beautiful in their own right, I do wear them sometimes, and I obsessively like to make rainbows out of my band collection, while part of me says to part with them and make room for bands I will wear more. Just curious what others think and if I have company.

I only buy bands that I know I will wear and that make sense with my style/wardrobe. I think every color is awesome! That’s the beauty of the Apple Watch is being able to easily swap bands to completely change the style/look. I just know that not every color/style of band is for me. I love to see them on other people’s wrists or as people’s large collections on here. My small 13 band collection so far were all carefully chosen to go with my style and I make sure to evenly spread the love and not neglect any lol

PurBle

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2020
I only buy bands that I know I will wear and that make sense with my style/wardrobe. I think every color is awesome! That’s the beauty of the Apple Watch is being able to easily swap bands to completely change the style/look. I just know that not every color/style of band is for me. I love to see them on other people’s wrists or as people’s large collections on here. My small 13 band collection so far were all carefully chosen to go with my style and I make sure to evenly spread the love and not neglect any lol
Yes agreed. I have 26 bands now (27 if I keep the summit white sport loop) and I think I am done for now. I decided to wear papaya today as it’s one of my lesser worn bands and think it looks pretty good with the chronograph watch face!
[automerge]1593520711[/automerge]
Using it sparingly is a good idea. The reflectiveness of mine has been greatly reduced by a build-up of sweat/skin/gunk that I just can't seem to get out of it. It's off-colour now. Hasn't happened with any of my other reflective nike loops.
Interesting. That’s good to know though I guess not altogether surprising given how light it is.

Attachments

• 21B64773-5A22-4D4C-9975-9AB7F724BAC4.jpeg
    21B64773-5A22-4D4C-9975-9AB7F724BAC4.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Yes agreed. I have 26 bands now (27 if I keep the summit white sport loop) and I think I am done for now. I decided to wear papaya today as it’s one of my lesser worn bands and think it looks pretty good with the chronograph watch face!

Interesting. That’s good to know though I guess not altogether surprising given how light it is.

Nice! I forget how awesome the good old Chronograph face looks. Well you’ve inspired me. Celestial Teal stands for its name and looks great with the Chronograph face!

c1f022d85f8b13b92019ae5b71a75494.jpg

8d46441044666abc6952c6de2e30a4cc.jpg

3c0fbe2e9e547c4511cf07854041ff82.jpg

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

Why don’t you just do the put it in the washer method. Warm/hot water with light laundry detergent. Put it in a mesh bag or sport pants pockets preferably with a zipper which is what I do. That’s always cleaned any of my loops back to new and I’m sure Summit White is no exception.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Why don’t you just do the put it in the washer method. Warm/hot water with light laundry detergent. Put it in a mesh bag or sport pants pockets preferably with a zipper which is what I do. That’s always cleaned any of my loops back to new and I’m sure Summit White is no exception.

I might give that a go... but I did already use a stain remover on it (that's had success with other clothes) and it seemed to make 0 difference.

White + hot weather (sweat) is a bad combination for me.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I might give that a go... but I did already use a stain remover on it (that's had success with other clothes) and it seemed to make 0 difference.

White + hot weather (sweat) is a bad combination for me.

Try the wash method, I’m sure it’ll be a success! Report back the good news when you’ve done it.

I also think with Summit White it’s important to try to keep it clean and regularly wash it. Not letting it get extremely dingy before actually taking the step to wash it.

kcmo

Suspended
Apr 21, 2011

Your papaya looks great! I have it too and love it!

Reactions: PurBle

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Do you guys have bands that you love the colour of but don’t wear often for whatever reason? For me, I love the colour of pollen, papaya and pomegranate but I rarely wear them because they don’t seem to fit into my wardrobe as well as cooler colours like greens and blues. Part of me likes to hold on to them because they are beautiful in their own right, I do wear them sometimes, and I obsessively like to make rainbows out of my band collection, while part of me says to part with them and make room for bands I will wear more. Just curious what others think and if I have company.

Whatever works :)

We all buy bands we think we'll like.

That's why real pictures, hopefully on your own style of watch, help a ton. but even then...sometimes they don't turn out so good for whatever reason.

I just went through mine & I have 15 bands/loops I don't really need anymore.

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
I know you’re not a sport band guy but I’m wondering if this would work for them as well. I have a couple I got used that I can’t get totally clean with soap and water. But fluoroelastomer is probably harder to get clean from when it’s dirty than nylon fabric.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I know you’re not a sport band guy but I’m wondering if this would work for them as well. I have a couple I got used that I can’t get totally clean with soap and water. But fluoroelastomer is probably harder to get clean from when it’s dirty than nylon fabric.

Yea I’m not sure about that method for sport bands. Give it a try, I’d actually be interested in finding out the results.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
@twanj Thanks for the Cerulean loop recommendation. it's awesome!

Quite a haul from our ebay friend. lol I had Black Nike loop, summit white and Cerulean loop delivered yesterday.

The only regret I have is Lemonade. Its so close to Flash it's crazy. May sell one or the other

Reactions: twanj and JBlass421

PurBle

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2020
Whatever works :)

We all buy bands we think we'll like.

That's why real pictures, hopefully on your own style of watch, help a ton. but even then...sometimes they don't turn out so good for whatever reason.

I just went through mine & I have 15 bands/loops I don't really need anymore.
Agreed - the real life pictures on this thread help me a lot, both to buy and not to buy! And yes there are a few bands that I think I “need” to have but then once I have them I realize it’s just my collector’s instincts.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
View attachment 929361 I don’t see a lot of leather classic buckles in this thread. My all time favorite band (that I barely ever wear) Sea Blue classic buckle on my SBSS Series 5. I swapped out the lugs for some space black ones.
Looks awesome! was it difficult switching the lugs? I considered it but never did. I have a sapphire blue, saddle brown and taupe classic buckle. But kept the lugs on. too scared to mess up a good band!

jags828

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Looks awesome! was it difficult switching the lugs? I considered it but never did. I have a sapphire blue, saddle brown and taupe classic buckle. But kept the lugs on. too scared to mess up a good band!
Not at all. Just need to order a special screwdriver for the screws from the official Apple lugs. I have a Marine Blue classic buckle that I’ve also swapped out.

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
And what loops are those? Just out of curiosity

Spearmint
Nike Smokey Mauve
Tahoe Blue
Midnight Blue? (1st gen)
Midnight Blue (2nd gen/2 color)
Storm Gray
Black (XL)
Lilac
Alaskan Blue

@twanj Thanks for the Cerulean loop recommendation. it's awesome!

The only regret I have is Lemonade. Its so close to Flash it's crazy. May sell one or the other

Love Cerulean. I hope everyone got it that wanted it from that recent ebay seller.

Agreed on Lemonade. If I had seen a comp beforehand I wouldn't have got it. It's so close to Flash but I like Flash slightly better. Def no need for both!

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
Spearmint
Nike Smokey Mauve
Tahoe Blue
Midnight Blue? (1st gen)
Midnight Blue (2nd gen/2 color)
Storm Gray
Black (XL)
Lilac
Alaskan Blue

Love Cerulean. I hope everyone got it that wanted it from that recent ebay seller.

Agreed on Lemonade. If I had seen a comp beforehand I wouldn't have got it. It's so close to Flash but I like Flash slightly better. Def no need for both!

Ooooh, could I buy Spearmint loop?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.