Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 424 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 906 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 508 20.2%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 99 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 212 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 62 2.5%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

PurBle

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2020
I’m always itching to Hermes out our beloved thread here because the actual Hermes thread does not quite capture the vibe we have here. Much more focused on shipping and tats and import cars.

I definitely would like some more Hermes talk in this forum. I’ve tried the other and it’s quite blah over there. I missed out on that band you pointed me in the direction of because I stupidly dithered and when I went back not an hour later to get it it was sold! Probably just as well from a budget perspective not to buy any more bands this month (counting the one that came with my watch, I’ve bought seven (!😬)) but I’d like one eventually and I enjoy reading about them.

Mw0103

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2014
How many of you guys activate cellular anyways? I always seem to have my phone with me so it doesn’t sound very useful for me.

I do, but I also run outside every day. Not having an iPhone bouncing around in a pocket or belt is now a necessity for me. And my running motivational sweet spot tends to be midday, so being reachable by phone or text (or sometimes I check my inbox waiting for traffic if I’m expecting an email) allows me to get out without being completely AWOL from work.

sjwinter

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2009
I do, but I also run outside every day. Not having an iPhone bouncing around in a pocket or belt is now a necessity for me. And my running motivational sweet spot tends to be midday, so being reachable by phone or text (or sometimes I check my inbox waiting for traffic if I’m expecting an email) allows me to get out without being completely AWOL from work.

I’ve been doing this in the gym, and i love it. Being able to workout with just headphones and a watch is really great.

francoc02o

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Please More Hermes Pictures. Best with Fauve collor please.

here you have with the Fauve deployment buckle band.

29C8020B-1039-43BE-B411-DDCA3CC83FFC.jpeg

E4D3D3F0-45A3-4163-960C-065FA8C725FC.jpeg

ED2A8807-BCFF-417A-8CA8-AD209558B46E.jpeg

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
It's crazy bc I already have Series 4 SSG and series 6 silver Nike.

Series 4 is now for sleep tracking then :) I was going to say the Nike for workouts, but then you mentioned your ankle. Anyway, SS is soooooo nice compared with Alu that I think you'll love it. Even the glass is shinier - seriously. I actually like the extra weight as well, but then I grew up wearing real watches, pretty much daily since I was 5 years old.
here you have with the Fauve deployment buckle band.

View attachment 968855
View attachment 968856
View attachment 968857

I really like that new Hermes face, I think because the numerals all sit with their bottom on the inner circle. Until now I've not been a fan of the round dial within a rectangular face look, but I'm even using GMT since the latest update. Getting my S3 ceramic has really shown me how the faces grew up with the bigger screen.

ryuworks

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Singapore
FIRST thing I noticed when switching to a SS model. So shiny, so glossy, so clear. Couldn’t stop looking at it and wondering if I were crazy. And seems no matter what or how often and bump and scratch the glass... still perfect. Now only to get a iPhone with sapphire glass.. $$
I started with a SS Series 0, so it took a while getting used to the gold Aluminum model I bought for Series 2. Felt so much like a toy that I wanted to return it. Since then I rationalize buying aluminum is essential if I want to upgrade annually.

Last edited:

MostlyARMless

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2020
Bristol, UK
FIRST thing I noticed when switching to a SS model. So shiny, so glossy, so clear. Couldn’t stop looking at it and wondering if I were crazy. And seems no matter what or how often and bump and scratch the glass... still perfect. Now only to get a iPhone with sapphire glass.. $$
Yes! I thought it was just the lustre of newness or the tears of joy in my eyes, but it really is clearer and shinier!

As for the scratch resistance, it was the damage left by my bitey 2-year-old's teeth on my SGA that made me want to switch...

• Wow
Reactions: twanj

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Not a deal nor a band, but someone listed this 44mm Ceramic S5 earlier today. You might be able to haggle the price down and ask the seller to ship, because right now they’ve got it set up so only local buyers can buy it.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
45cccfcd1b5ded4ae8721b2d42756a0a.jpg

Got my first leather Apple Watch band. I got a great deal on it, much nicer than i expected! I didn’t think i would be buying bands, but I’m up to 4 now, with one on the way. This thread has not helped my band purchasing!

The “Mashed Potato” Gen 1 Classic Buckle as @[mention]athousandbands [/mention]likes to call them! Looking good!

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Y’know, I’m not convinced it‘s /Black... its back is a less black black than the other black backs.

i am fully prepared to be shot down in flames though, as I’m aware that a lot of sneaker-sole has been expended researching these color-ways ;)
Yeah just checked, it’s not black. You’re right. Looks to be anthracite. If you have one, can you check them together? Preferably unworn halves as a control so discoloration isn’t a factor here.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Wait until you try a Titanium model. the thing looks like a different watch in each lighting condition. :)

Reactions: CodeRaven

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Not a deal nor a band, but someone listed this 44mm Ceramic S5 earlier today. You might be able to haggle the price down and ask the seller to ship, because right now they’ve got it set up so only local buyers can buy it.

$1500!? Are they high? They do know that watch is a year old now, isn’t sold anymore and the watches have horrible resale value.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
For sure two custom Nike orders costs the same as what I usually pay for like six pairs of clearance shoes but I had to do it #athousandfits
View attachment 969249 Light Bone/Black/Laser Orange
View attachment 969250

Desert Sand/Black/Legion Green/Flash Crimson laces/Cosmic Clay+Fuel Orange airbag
View attachment 969251

I love how you were crowned athousandoutfits by @[mention]map1978 [/mention] and streamlined/rebranded it to athousandfits and threw a hashtag in front it and are claiming it hard and killing it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.