Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 425 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 905 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 506 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 212 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
With regard to the March event I am getting anxious as to which bands/sport/solo loops are going to be discontinued as I still have a few of the braided/solo loops I want to get 😬
Historically everything from Fall and Winter gets discontinued when the Spring colors launch (with the exception of mainstay colors like Black). Last year was different though, with Apple keeping the Fall 2019 colors around for the whole year. There has been some speculation that may have been because Apple had tons of retail stock they couldn’t sell due to the COVID shutdowns and so they kept the Fall colors around online to clear out inventory. But, nobody really knows for sure.

In the past, Winter and Summer releases have been small (around 3-6 new bands) and are usually an addition to the previous season’s lineup. The Fall and Spring releases tend to be much larger and usually completely replace the bands that had been available the day before.

jlyaamu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
I was skeptical about its security but I haven’t had any issues. I do hope the black leather gets darker over time. SBSS Series 5.
87C0CAD8-2D31-4641-BBEC-9B779ADFE793.jpeg

669BF01C-974E-4C3B-B2D9-E1351503C974.jpeg

72F56F47-C01E-4C2F-8405-E71D0E88D6D4.jpeg

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Historically everything from Fall and Winter gets discontinued when the Spring colors launch (with the exception of mainstay colors like Black). Last year was different though, with Apple keeping the Fall 2019 colors around for the whole year. There has been some speculation that may have been because Apple had tons of retail stock they couldn’t sell due to the COVID shutdowns and so they kept the Fall colors around online to clear out inventory. But, nobody really knows for sure.

In the past, Winter and Summer releases have been small (around 3-6 new bands) and are usually an addition to the previous season’s lineup. The Fall and Spring releases tend to be much larger and usually completely replace the bands that had been available the day before.
Yeah the covid thing would require them to have a ton of the fall bands still in the stores’ back rooms in February. I know they keep random old bands “if you ask nicely” but this seems more like an intentional shift for better user experience and customer sat.

I mean they always kept the little circles for the old color options on the online store even long after they were discontinued, so it feels like an effort to make that less infuriating and weird. Also I think Apple’s inventory control and just-in-time manufacturing is a little tighter than this.

Also maybe the limited “gotta get it now” fashion strategy left when Angela did?

Last edited:

harrywatson

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2020

Does this also include the product reds? I want the sport loop but am holding off till bonus time.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Yeah the covid thing would require them to have a ton of the fall bands still in the stores’ back rooms in February. I know they keep random old bands “if you ask nicely” but this seems more like an intentional shift for better user experience and customer sat.

I mean they always kept the little circles for the old color options on the online store even long after they were discontinued, so it feels like an effort to make that less infuriating and weird. Also I think Apple’s inventory control and just-in-time manufacturing is a little tighter than this.

Also maybe the limited “gotta get it now” fashion strategy left when Angela did?
Definitely a valid explanation as well. I suspect we’ll find out when new bands drop next month!

Does this also include the product reds? I want the sport loop but am holding off till bonus time.
I’m pretty sure product reds are year-round but am not 100%. I would bet the sport band will stick around since Apple is also selling a red watch this year.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Ah. I wouldn’t say it’s close. Much cooler and a lighter/frostier shade but if you don’t want to shell out $100+ I would say go for it.
Vitamin C looks pretty close. I think most wouldn't blink twice at the difference. I bought it myself from Amazon. Awaiting delivery. I really want orange but I don't wanna pay eBay prices for an Hermes band.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
AW S6 SB Hermes & Sunset LL
Man I have been trying to find the sunset leather loop for so long, I am so bummed I missed this release.. had my eye on it and when I could finally afford it (I was in between jobs and a massive move for job relocation) it was gone.. have not been able to find it since.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Man I have been trying to find the sunset leather loop for so long, I am so bummed I missed this release.. had my eye on it and when I could finally afford it (I was in between jobs and a massive move for job relocation) it was gone.. have not been able to find it since.
Chargerstore has a medium in a sealed box for retail right now. Also has a large for $10 less.

Reactions: athousandbands

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Chargerstore has a medium in a sealed box for retail right now. Also has a large for $10 less.
I think retail price on these was $149 at release, so this isn't a bad price.

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020
What link did you use?

You'll have to chat with support to request a band replacement for hermes. Then provide them with device ownership info such as serial, the iphone which the watch connects to. Then the support guy will create a support payment request to your email. You pay it and that's it. Quite smooth and simple.

Reactions: thatappleguytoday

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
You'll have to chat with support to request a band replacement for hermes. Then provide them with device ownership info such as serial, the iphone which the watch connects to. Then the support guy will create a support payment request to your email. You pay it and that's it. Quite smooth and simple.
Technically it’s gonna suck if they close or narrow the loophole but at the same I would be weirdly proud of us. It’s weird it took this long to figure it out after we established the process for the non-Hermes edition watches back in the summer or whenever.

Marcel55

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2018
Technically it’s gonna suck if they close or narrow the loophole but at the same I would be weirdly proud of us. It’s weird it took this long to figure it out after we established the process for the non-Hermes edition watches back in the summer or whenever.
Mhhh. But i got no Hermes Watch.

hexagenia

macrumors demi-god
Jan 12, 2007
New Hampshire
The S6 Gold SS with the Pink Citrus band. It is aaaalmost identical to the pink AirPods Max case. It's frustrating that it's not exactly the same as the case. In person though they look even more similar than the photo. I have the same iPhone case as well, but I used the iPhone to take the picture... :)

View attachment 1731784
View attachment 1731782 View attachment 1731783

Great color combo. Had no idea that the band was so close in color to the AirPods Max. Based on these pictures, reconsidering Pink Citrus. So much for a band free Lent! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: marion.nikol

uller6

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
The S6 Gold SS with the Pink Citrus band. It is aaaalmost identical to the pink AirPods Max case. It's frustrating that it's not exactly the same as the case. In person though they look even more similar than the photo. I have the same iPhone case as well, but I used the iPhone to take the picture... :)
I also went crazy for pink citrus: iPhone case, watch band, and iPad case. It's so hot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.