Everyone that preordered through Apple Online, you can change your shipping address!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by truciet, Jun 15, 2010.

1. truciet macrumors 6502

Everyone that wants their order shipped somewhere else besides your AT&T billing address, you can do it AFTER your order has been completed processed. You normally have to wait about 10-15 minutes, then you can edit your order.

So for anyone that ordered a long time ago, log on to your account at Apple and check your order status. From there, if you can CANCEL your order, your order has been processed completely. You can change your shipping address now ;)

At the moment, Apple's account services is down. So wait until it's up and you're set! :cool:

2. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Are you sure? I just got my pre order in and have to change it since ill be out of state

3. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I was able to change my shipping address on apple 15 minutes after placing order.

4. truciet thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm sure. I did ALL 5 of my orders. When you're able to log on, check your order status and view your orders in detail.

You will see 3 grayed out options:

Cancel
    Return
    XXXX <---forgot lol

You will know that your order has been processed when "Cancel" is available.

Once that's available, you can Edit your shipping address :cool:

Another one that was able to change their address! :)

5. ckiggins314 macrumors member

Will they do another check to make sure the AT&T billing and shipping addresses match before shipping, though?

6. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

I was able to change 2 of my orders and I received an email notifying me of the change for each of them as well. Someone on this board also mentioned that they called up customer service and the rep was able to change it as well - no problem.

7. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I'm not ordering until it's confirmed somehow that Apple won't ship it to your billing address even if you edit it afterwards. There no way of knowing.

Tony

8. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I ain't changin' nothin'

Going to work late that day :D

9. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Account is unavailable it says now on apples site

10. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Don't try to do it now. You've got some time until it ships, and the site's probably being hammered right now anyway, you wouldn't be helping.

11. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Just do it now and saved almost $40 by having it shipped to Maryland instead of California! Now I'll buy a bumper guilt free! :D

12. constant L macrumors member

i just went into my att wireless account and changed it there, but this is a great solutions for those who have already placed their orders..good find..

13. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

Did anyone have to do this last year with the 3GS? I don't want to change my address to my work address and then have it not match AT&T's billing address which will then foobar my order.

14. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I changed my AT&T billing address, and the shipping address on Apple. Just to be sure. ;)

15. bmms8 macrumors 68020

last year apple let you choose the shipping location. i hope they use the new updated shipping addresses for all of us who dont live near the att billing address :mad:

16. richard371 macrumors 68000

I'm leaving it alone. Will work remote.

Don't won't to screw up anything with this pre order mess.

17. wattsja macrumors regular

+1 .. In fact, I just took the day off !

I would love to change the address, but I am NOT willing to risk it not shipping or being delayed because of the address change.

18. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

I changed it. I'm braving it folks. It shows correct now where I want it shipped, and since I'm doing it early I don't think I'll have any issues with it.

19. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Don't the billing and shipping addresses need to be the same? I don't think it has to do anything with AT&T. I'd rather have it shipped elsewhere, but I don't want to risk anything.

20. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

When I ordered yesterday, it said it had to be mailed to the AT&T billing address. It doesn't have anything to do with the credit card billing address.

21. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

Why would they if they allow me to edit it? I may call Apple to get to the bottom of this.

22. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I'm so tempted to change it now. I'm thinking that now the order is in and in Apple's hands, the AT&T billing address matching to the shipping address doesn't matter anymore. Just during checkout, right?

Otherwise, why would you be able to change it? And, wouldn't there be some kind of warning message if you did?

I think I'm doing it!

23. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Someone called Apple yesterday, and they changed the shipping address over the phone.

24. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

I just tried to call Apple about this and they hung up with me due to high call volumes. I'll try back later for sure and post what they say. I bet it won't be an issue.

25. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Same. Then when I got through and selected option 2 and entered my order number. It again gave the high volume message.

I'd like to have this shipped to work, but I'd like confirmation on where it's going to be shipped.