Everything Apple Announced at Today's 'It's Show Time' Event in 6 Minutes

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Peperino macrumors 6502a

Peperino

Trying to remember when was the last time Apple put a product that was actually innovative (except the iWatch).
    Upgrade cycles have become a complete joke since Cook is busy creating financial services... Really??

2. smulji macrumors 6502a

Apple Watch, AirPods, iPad Pro (2018)

3. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

They've certainly had plenty over the years. Can't expect brand new revolutionary products on some sort of a frequent continuous basis, at some point things slow down and more happens on the feature, functionality, and service side of things.

4. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

What's an iWatch?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2019 ---
    The second Apple Pencil is pretty innovative.

5. smulji macrumors 6502a

I don’t know if you’re serious or sarcasm but I was referring just to the iPad Pro itself.

6. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

I think the the new iPad Pro and pencil are both pretty innovative. Truly. Apple Watch and AirPods also.

I don't think anything announced earlier this week really improves on anything already in the market.

7. dilbert99 macrumors 68020

Yes she did and I've seen other media outlets comment on that fact too.

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Not sure how something quite subjective would be a fact.

9. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

I can’t remember

10. dilbert99 macrumors 68020

I guess its just a figure of speech. Regardless of that, I bet Apple was coaching them on how they would like the speakers to talk like them in that slow and purposeful "Apple Speech" rather than their own natural or lively manner.

11. Retsiem macrumors member

Retsiem

No sane person ever thought the iPod was a bad idea.

And you are comparing apples and oranges here.

Magazine subscriptions and newspapers are not the future, they are not even the present.
    Newspapers and magazines are dying for a variety of reasons. And that’s a good thing!

I can get amazing articles, reports and opinion pieces from independent, small outlets. Their quality is much higher, they are free of charge(!!!) and they interact with their audiences in a variety of different ways.

I just signed up for the free News+ trial and these magazines are not worth it whatsoever. With a few exceptions it’s bad journalism. Stupid articles and a limited, bad selection.

12. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Looks through the threads about it in these very forums to see how that statement is basically the opposite of reality.

13. Peperino macrumors 6502a

Peperino

Sorry, but when other companies are offering Laptos that are half the price, and have touchscreens and much better specs (like they ship with 16gb RAM and 512 SSD), then Apple, not only is failing at innovating but also failing at providing decent upgrades, both in quality and time. Quality, Apple is delivering in 2019 computers that have 8GB RAM with a 128 SSD that are disposable and Non-upgradable.
    Upgrade cycles have increase to 4-6 years. That in computer years is ridiculously pathetic.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2019 ---
    How about you read....
    I clearly said Except the iWatch...

14. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

Yes, but what is an iWatch? Something from China?

15. Peperino macrumors 6502a

Peperino

As I mentioned before, iWatch is the only great product.

What is a computer???
    something Apple completely forgot how to build.
    Despite that the entire computer line up (especially the Pro line) have become a joke, outdated and way ovepriced.
    That is way serious users have been buying old upgraded cheesegrater, building hackintoshes or jsut switching o PC.

16. Nugget macrumors 68000

Nugget

I think you’re missing the point. He’s picking a fight with you about calling it the iWatch when the product name is actually Apple Watch. I guess because he has run out of actual arguments but he’s still angry.

17. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

I have a love for the Mac and I share the disappointment re: the slobbering love affair with iOS.

Let's see what happens with the Mac Pro.

18. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Or basically pointing something obvious out.

19. cardfan macrumors 68000

It’s just that this attempt to be seen as services company is simply a distraction. It’s a desperate reaction or plea to wall st much like Apple car was.

App downloads just decreased 5 percent. That should concern Apple. This after iPhone sales flattening. Atv plus is doa. It will be a cost for Apple not a profit or revenue center. News plus is a joke. Arcade could be ok but depends (I actually like that and Apple should go there. It’s software).

But bottom line. Apple is a hardware company and needs more ways to fuel sales. These subs won’t. New categories will. Innovation of old ones. Expand ecosystem. There’s still much to disrupt.

20. richman555 macrumors 6502

richman555

It is really not about lack of "innovation" the way overused hype word folks like to use.

It is more about poor decision making at the top.

Apple has always had the technology to make this service go.

They show everyone several lackluster tv shows, very little footage, and no price for the service. Even a mention about the future of Apple TV hardware would be nice.

Digging up a lot of aging talent Speilberg, Oprah, and Jennifer Aniston to kickstart this endeavor.

Each of these seasoned veterans are associated with the non streaming era of TV and movies.

Meanwhile, Netflix, HBO, Youtube are all humming along with great new shows and content you can get today.

21. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

So, basically existing/established services are ahead of upcoming ones?