Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote featured more than two hours of non-stop announcements and product unveilings, resulting in the most eventful and jam-packed WWDC we've had in years.

We've condensed Apple's multi-hour keynote into just seven minutes, so if you don't have time to watch the full range of announcements, you can get a quick recap.

Along with new versions of iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS, Apple also used today's event to launch a number of products. Starting today, Apple is selling refreshed iPad Pro models, new iMacs, new MacBooks, new MacBook Pro models, new Apple Watch bands, and updated MacBook Air machines.

That wasn't the end of the event, though. Apple also shared details on two upcoming products, the pro-oriented $4,999 "iMac Pro" and the $349 "HomePod," the company's much-rumored Siri-powered speaker that's designed to compete with products like the Amazon Echo while also offering up amazing sound quality. Both the iMac Pro and the HomePod are launching in December.

For a full recap of our coverage today, and more detail on what was announced, check out our extensive event recap post.

Make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors.com this week, because we're going to be sharing in-depth videos highlighting the new features in iOS 11, macOS High Sierra, watchOS 4, and tvOS, and we'll be publishing detailed roundups on everything you need to know about Apple's upcoming software updates and new products.

Article Link: Everything Apple Announced at WWDC 2017 in 7 Minutes

Reactions: autrefois

nathanreilly

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2012
really wish we could have seen a tidbit about the mac pro. I know for a fact now that this pro iMac is not for me. I just wish I knew if there was a pro apple for me in the works or not :(

Reactions: jjhny
Comment

BGPL

macrumors demi-god
May 4, 2016
California
So, MacOS HS supports h.265 natively. Does this mean the upcoming TvOS will support it as well?

Comment

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
Just for interest do you guys get permission to recut the stream like this? Or have you just don't it for so long with no repercussions that at this point it doesn't matter?

Comment

kevinkyoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
Just for interest do you guys get permission to recut the stream like this? Or have you just don't it for so long with no repercussions that at this point it doesn't matter?

I'm assuming the former... A lot of people can talk about the event, but I see few videos having actual footage. MacRumors definitely has credibility to back that up as well.

Comment

rp2011

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2010
Apple pretty much showed they are THE only option where it comes to computers and technology.
I know a lot of the tech blogs hate to say it, some are still clinging to the mess that is Android and MS. But everything here just screams best tech you can buy.

Comment

Komrad808

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
On an active volcano

Today's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote featured more than two hours of non-stop announcements and product unveilings, resulting in the most eventful and jam-packed WWDC we've had in years.

We've condensed Apple's multi-hour keynote into just seven minutes, so if you don't have time to watch the full range of announcements, you can get a quick recap.

Along with new versions of iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS, Apple also used today's event to launch a number of products. Starting today, Apple is selling refreshed iPad Pro models, new iMacs, new MacBooks, new MacBook Pro models, new Apple Watch bands, and updated MacBook Air machines.

That wasn't the end of the event, though. Apple also shared details on two upcoming products, the pro-oriented $4,999 "iMac Pro" and the $349 "HomePod," the company's much-rumored Siri-powered speaker that's designed to compete with products like the Amazon Echo while also offering up amazing sound quality. Both the iMac Pro and the HomePod are launching in December.

For a full recap of our coverage today, and more detail on what was announced, check out our extensive event recap post.

Make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors.com this week, because we're going to be sharing in-depth videos highlighting the new features in iOS 11, macOS High Sierra, watchOS 4, and tvOS, and we'll be publishing detailed roundups on everything you need to know about Apple's upcoming software updates and new products.

Article Link: Everything Apple Announced at WWDC 2017 in 7 Minutes

Comment

cppguy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
SF Bay Area, California
A major biggie that was shunned over is Apple's commitment to the eGPU community in 2018! Finally!!!

https://developer.apple.com/development-kit/external-graphics/

External graphics is a great idea. I hope something good will come out of it. Imagine that you dock your portable laptop at the office, and it instantly becomes a powerful video editing workstation. You lose that power when you travel, but you can still bring your machine with you anywhere.

Comment

wbeasley

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
7 minutes is about 6:20 more than what was needed for the last few years. Much better multi-release!

Finally, some excitement again...

Not so much negativity either on here. Wow! The trolls are hard to feed some days.

Comment

mariodrumblue

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2013
Apple, I am just one user. But from my point of view I can say this: I think you do great stuff which I love to use every day, and can't wait to enjoy the new hardware and software. Thanks for all the hard work which makes my life better! There will always be an abundance of critics, which on this website are as prolific as bunnies, and by all means listen to some of their criticism. But don't forget to give yourself a pat on the shoulder.

Comment

Altis

macrumors 68030
Sep 10, 2013
Apple pretty much showed they are THE only option where it comes to computers and technology.
I know a lot of the tech blogs hate to say it, some are still clinging to the mess that is Android and MS. But everything here just screams best tech you can buy.

There's pros and cons to Apple and others, still.

Tools for jobs. Pick the one best suited/preferred for the job within economical reason. :cool:

Comment

Veihl

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2015
マイエンジェル

Skip to 1:21

If this is the best tech you can buy, the tech industry might as well get ready to roll over smh.

Comment

rmanbike

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
5000 for a new macpro( ... I will be keeping my 5.1 for sure a while longer

Comment

star_nerdy

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2017

When you're a news organization or blog, you're allowed to edit material if you're presenting it as news under fair use.

The general rule of thumb is that if it's under 10%, you're allowed to borrow that material. That said, you can't do that with everything and there are a lot of caveats to that. But since Apple isn't exactly trying to keep this stuff secret and benefits from publicity, even if macrumors did more than 10%, no one would care.

Reactions: iOSFangirl6001
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.