Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first beta of iOS 13.2 brought a handful of changes like Deep Fusion support, Announce Messages With Siri and HomePod handoff options, but iOS 13.2 beta 2 introduces even more significant changes.

There are new emoji and new Siri privacy settings as we outlined earlier today, but there are also some other smaller changes worth highlighting.

- Rearrange Apps - The "Rearrange Apps" option that pops up when 3D Touching or using a Haptic Touch on an app icon is now "Edit Home Screen."

deleteappsios132-800x584.jpg

- Delete Apps From Home Screen - There's a new option to delete apps right from the Home screen when pressing on them with a Haptic Touch or 3D Touch.

deleteappshomescreenios132-800x585.jpg

- New Emoji - iOS 13.2 beta 2 includes support for the Unicode 12 emoji with characters like yawning face, sloth, waffle, falafel, otter, and tons more.

newemojis-800x642.jpg
Image via Emojipedia​

- New Emoji Picker - When using a multi-person emoji, there's a new skin tone picker that lets you select a different skin tone for each person.

📱👆New emoji picker in iOS 13.2 for selecting multiple skin tones in a single emoji. A clean implementation which will scale well to 🤝👩‍❤️‍👨👩‍❤️‍👩👨‍❤️‍👨👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👨‍👨‍👧👨‍👨‍👧👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👧👩‍👦👩‍👧👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👧‍👧👨‍👦👨‍👧👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👦‍👦 in future pic.twitter.com/KqJZGFuZFH - Jeremy Burge (@jeremyburge) October 10, 2019

- Siri Privacy Splash Screen - When you first install iOS 13.2, there's a new splash screen that lets you opt out of sharing Siri and Dictation audio recordings with Apple.

- Delete Siri History - In the Siri section of the Settings app, there's a new Siri and Dictation option that lets you delete all of the Siri and Dictation history associated with your iPhone from Apple's servers.

deletesirihistoryios132-800x531.jpg

- Audio Recordings - In the Analytics and Improvements section of the Privacy portion of the Settings app, there is a new toggle to opt out of sharing your audio recordings with Apple for the purpose of improving Siri.

optoutsiriios132-800x948.jpg

- AirPods Animation - In the last beta, we found images that reveal the design of the third-generation AirPods. This beta includes an animation that will walk users through changing the noise cancelation options on the new AirPods. Noise cancelation is one of the features expected to be included with the new earbuds.

This new animation in iOS 13.2 will teach users how to change noise cancelation options on the new AirPods. https://t.co/p17iN47Sy4 pic.twitter.com/T7YwaFw5Cv - Guilherme Rambo (@_inside) October 10, 2019

- Video Recording - When capturing video on the new iPhone 11 and 11 Pro models, you can change the resolution and the frames per seconds settings of the video directly in the Camera app. To do so, tap on the small icons that are located at the top left of the interface. Resolution and FPS can be changed independently depending on where you tap.

cameracontrolsios132-800x160.jpg

Know of a feature that's new in iOS 13.2 beta 2 that we left out? Make sure to let us know in the comments and we'll update this article.

Article Link: Everything New in iOS 13.2 Beta 2: Delete Apps From Home Screen, Emoji, Siri Privacy and More

YoitsTmac

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
I've been waiting 84 years to be able to change recording settings within the camera app. What am I going to complain about now?
you can complain that it's only on iPhone 11 models, even though there are a large number of models that have multiple recording options. I'm not on the beta, but that's what the post makes it sound like. It's incredibly frustrating to have to go so out of my way to change such a simple setting.

iSunrise

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
I've been waiting 84 years to be able to change recording settings within the camera app. What am I going to complain about now?
You can still complain that in the native camera app, there's no option yet, to

- change to RAW
- or record RAW with any lense
- manually turn on night mode whenever you feel like you need more exposure (ex. sharper)

We can dream...though.

tigertazz

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Initially I thought this meant an empty home page so you could enjoy your wallpapers

Diamond Dog

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2018
The new delete app feature and being able to change the video settings within the camera app are nice touches.
Right? The former makes me less mad about losing 3D Touch, and the latter is something I've wanted ever since 4K on iPhone became a thing.

Reactions: NetMage

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Sure hope this addresses the endless little bugs in iOS 13 (Safari crashing, safari not displaying web pages properly, safari pages haulting, etc to name a few just in safari). Wish I had stuck with v12.
[automerge]1570733811[/automerge]

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Video Recording - When capturing video on the new iPhone 11 and 11 Pro models, you can change the resolution and the frames per seconds settings of the video directly in the Camera app. To do so, tap on the small icons that are located at the top left of the interface. Resolution and FPS can be changed independently depending on where you tap.
Please don’t tell me this is an iPhone 11 exclusive feature...

GregJohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
Omg Apple has finally added in app camera changes.
photography I don’t see what you’d want a toggle for, the video quality/resolution has been what’s missing

there are zero options for the iPad Pro

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Unnecessary complication of Home Screen menu.

Absolutely! I hate the fact I have to go into a menu now to delete an app, it’s been touch and hold to get the X and delete from the beginning, so simple. I actually love iOS13 and these new tweaks are even better but the complicated home screen menus just seems overdone. I mean come on. Also - I’m on iPhone 8 and apple have basically added touch to hold AND haptic touch, so not I have 2 things doing the same thing. Absolutely silly.

Reactions: Laura Vavreges

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Ugh I want to be able to leave space between apps. I carry both an iPhone and Android, and my Android is very organized and easy to find ****. iOS is a still very far behind on this.

Camera wise, I really wish they would bring back the old way to control the flash. The night time pictures only work in some situations. When I want turn the flash on, I want the damn flash on. Don’t turn it back off because I changed the focus point to something different. Sigh

Kramerjn

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2016
Wisconsin
Absolutely! I hate the fact I have to go into a menu now to delete an app, it’s been touch and hold to get the X and delete from the beginning, so simple. I actually love iOS13 and these new tweaks are even better but the complicated home screen menus just seems overdone. I mean come on. Also - I’m on iPhone 8 and apple have basically added touch to hold AND haptic touch, so not I have 2 things doing the same thing. Absolutely silly.

You can still touch and hold to get the X
[automerge]1570735071[/automerge]
Is 1080p 24fps an option in 13.2?

No :(

jasonefmonk

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2011
Unnecessary complication of Home Screen menu.
I think the “delete” option in the menu is prime for accidental presses. The menu is for quick actions, not slow ones! Now that the other button is labelled “Edit Home Screen” it is more obvious that you can delete from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.