Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
@jclo Hey Juli can we get some clarification? Is this opt-in (as it should be & seems to be) or opt-out as you have it in the article?

The splash screen offers a two-button choice at the bottom.
1. Share Audio Recordings
2. Not Now

That implies opt-in... which is the right way to do it. Are you saying that users are opted in by default? Cuz that's what opt-out means, and that's what it seems like you're saying.
Since I tried it.

"Share audio recordings" is opt-in. You can opt-out in settings. "Not now" is opt-out. You can opt-in settings.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
You could delete from the home screen before. The process is slightly different but just as many taps. Before the haptic touch shortcut, the process for deleting an app was Long press, Icons jiggle -> Tap x to delete.

Now its Haptic Touch Long Press, Shortcut menu appears -> Tap delete menu item.
Gotcha! I really was like WTF lol. Haven't tinkered with an iPhone really indepth since my iPhone 4, but always keep up with them in the news. The article just made it sound that way.

Reactions: Euge

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Since I tried it.

"Share audio recordings" is opt-in. You can opt-out in settings. "Not now" is opt-out. You can opt-in settings.
That's not what I am asking. I'm asking what is the default state of Siri and Dictation when someone installs 13.2? If it's Opt-In, Siri does no recording until the user selects "Share Audio Recordings". If it's Opt-Out, Siri records by default and the user must actively opt out in settings. "Not Now" isn't opting out. It simply means Siri and Dictation stays in the default state and the user will make a decision later in settings.

I'm thinking it's Opt-In because that's the only proper way to implement this. If Google makes it Opt-In there's no way Apple would make it Opt-Out. The way Juli presented it in the article makes it seem as if it's Opt-Out, which would be terrible.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Honestly one of the few things on my iOS 14 wish list so far was being able to tap to change the video resolution and frame rate, so I’m good now. I’ve been wanting this since like the iPhone 4s. But the main reason I want it nowadays is to toggle 4K 30/60 and slow-mo 120/240.

I’m looking forward to 4K 120 slow-mo, maybe next year? 1080p 480 would be great too.

Now I’m really getting hyped for these new AirPods. They look like they’ll stay in my ears a lot better and noise cancellation would be a beautiful thing. I just wonder how much that feature will reduce battery life? I also love that they seem to angle inwards more so the stems are closer to my head and not sticking out like a goof. Sounds like a great Christmas present. Hopefully they’re not crazy expensive. AirPods Pro?

Reactions: Wide opeN

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
"When capturing video on the new iPhone 11 and 11 Pro models, you can change the resolution and the frames per seconds settings of the video directly in the Camera app. To do so, tap on the small icons that are located at the top left of the interface. Resolution and FPS can be changed independently depending on where you tap."

AT LAST! This has been my biggest problem with the client, as I frequently need to change between 720p (not very important recordings) and 4k (ones I want to keep / upload to YouTube etc.)

BTW, this also works in Slow-mo mode.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
I am sorry but it is ridiculous that I cannot change resolution in camera with my iphone X. I mean they put out that feature just for the new phones? Why? I mean it is downright insulting in a way. FFS Apple... do you honestly think that there is someone out there on the fence of buying an iphone 11 or not and the pivotal reason to go ahead and do it would be the frigging resolution feature in the camera app? Really?

Reactions: Menneisyys2

Quicksilver867

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Philly
There seems to be a horrible disagreement going on between GBoard and iOS 13. Hoping this gets addressed from either side soon. The swipe keyboard on iOS 13 is close but no cigar.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
That's not what I am asking. I'm asking what is the default state of Siri and Dictation when someone installs 13.2? If it's Opt-In, Siri does no recording until the user selects "Share Audio Recordings". If it's Opt-Out, Siri records by default and the user must actively opt out in settings. "Not Now" isn't opting out. It simply means Siri and Dictation stays in the default state and the user will make a decision later in settings.

I'm thinking it's Opt-In because that's the only proper way to implement this. If Google makes it Opt-In there's no way Apple would make it Opt-Out. The way Juli presented it in the article makes it seem as if it's Opt-Out, which would be terrible.
I gave the answer you didn’t catch it. I’m saying there is no default state, you have to make a choice, yes or no or DFU. You should give beta 2 a try so you can see for yourself.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I gave the answer you didn’t catch it. I’m saying there is no default state, you have to make a choice, yes or no or DFU. You should give beta 2 a try so you can see for yourself.
Appreciate the suggestion but I don't do betas. I'm more of a finished and stable guy. I got clear confirmation elsewhere that it is indeed Opt-In so I'm all good. Thanks anyway.

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
A list would be a better and faster option
Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-11 um 14.28.37.png

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Appreciate the suggestion but I don't do betas. I'm more of a finished and stable guy. I got clear confirmation elsewhere that it is indeed Opt-In so I'm all good. Thanks anyway.
Just out of curiosity, do you have an iPhone? (Btw, there’s nothing like trying something for yourself)

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I like the ability to switch video quality quickly. Sometimes you need to take a quick video for something but it doesn't have to be 4K super quality. Nice to be able to take a lower quality smaller file size video.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Normally I'm not one to bash feature parity between iOS and Android but being able to delete from the home screen is just NOW coming to iOS? It was so natural and obvious on Android I had just assumed iOS had something like that. I'm not saying iOS is lagging everywhere, it has it's own features I wish would come to Android and I balk at how they havent implemented something so simple, but why the hell did it take this long to implement this? It's not like it was a huge change in the OS and the code probably could have been implemented in a few days...

What you’re talking about? We can delete app since iPhone has app in 2008, and it’s a good process too. They just add different method duh.

GregJohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
Now thanks to iOS 13-13.2 giving me almost everything Apple needed to tweak... especially now with the camera controls and even less intrusive volume hud (beta 2 makes the volume hud disappear even faster)..
hoping they add in future betas:
some sort of deep fusion indicator

ios 14:
non intrusive phone calls, Siri prompt.
smarter siri
always on display
calc app built in iPad (seriously..)
iphone multitasking (pen or not I don’t care)

the last one might need the iPhone 12 with more ram but if they can add all that (plus the usual surprises) by this time next year (iphone 12 and iOS 14.2) be perfect.

they have made my “wish list” so much shorter than it was 1 year ago.

bonus:
redesign with more customization (home screen) would be cool

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
see, i hate when they limit a purely software function (such as changing the resolution and the frames per second settings of the video in this case), to specific hardware in an attempt to steer more people towards buying new phones. so lame.

This instance not withstanding, limiting software functions as an upgrade strategy is inevitable because a lot of major feature changes tend to be on the software for a variety of products. For example, Tesla is shipping autopilot hardware but charging people to turn it on. Likewise, features like Siri (when the 4s first came out) also locked out older hardware for little reason.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
Normally I'm not one to bash feature parity between iOS and Android but being able to delete from the home screen is just NOW coming to iOS? It was so natural and obvious on Android I had just assumed iOS had something like that. I'm not saying iOS is lagging everywhere, it has it's own features I wish would come to Android and I balk at how they havent implemented something so simple, but why the hell did it take this long to implement this? It's not like it was a huge change in the OS and the code probably could have been implemented in a few days...
Not sure if you're joking or not but deleting apps from the home screen came out on iPhoneOS 2 even before Android was ever a thing.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
What you’re talking about? We can delete app since iPhone has app in 2008, and it’s a good process too. They just add different method duh.
I got confused by the title of the article where it says "everything new in iOS 13.2 beta 2 - delete apps from home screen" That's why i was so perplexed about it in the first place.

Reactions: matrix07

matrix6028

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2010
OK - Did I miss where the HomePod was updated to 13???? My HomePod is not asking for an update...??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.