Everything New in iOS 13 Beta 4: Quick Action Updates, Share Sheet Changes and More

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
www.macrumors.com

Apple this morning released the fourth beta of iOS 13 for developers, introducing bug fixes and adding and refining iOS 13 features.

Now that we're into the fourth beta, changes and updates are getting more minor, but there are still some small but notable tweaks that are worth highlighting in today's beta.

- Quick Actions - There's a refreshed look for Quick Actions on the Home screen, which adds a new "Rearrange Apps" option that lets you quickly get to the wiggle mode that allows apps to be moved around.

- Quick Actions Menu Size - The menu that pops up when using a Quick Action is also smaller in size with less obtrusive icons that have also been relocated to the right side of the menu interface.

- 3D Touch Settings - In the Accessibility section of the Settings app, there are new options for 3D Touch in the 3D & Haptic Touch section (which was previously just 3D Touch). There's a new "Touch Duration" section alongside the sensitivity slider. The Touch Duration option changes the amount of time it takes to reveal content previews, actions, and contextual menus.

- Share Sheet - Some minor design changes have been made to the Share Sheet in iOS 13, tweaking the colors and adding some transparency.

- Voice Messages - When using the option in Messages to record a voice-based message, there's a new icon for the option. It's now a waveform rather than a microphone icon.

- Widgets - When editing Widgets in the Today View, you'll see a new look for the edit button, which is now pill-shaped rather than circular.

Know of a feature that's new in iOS 13 beta 4 that we left out? Make sure to let us know in the comments and we'll update this article.

Article Link: Everything New in iOS 13 Beta 4: Quick Action Updates, Share Sheet Changes and More

timm1027

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Ohio Valley
I really hate the share sheet
As an introvert, it’s irking me to have all my contacts right there. It sounds a bit bad, but what can I say! I don’t need to see them to think of them when sending something. This Share Sheet is made for extroverts.

I’ve been playing around with the beta. The vertical options is a curveball. It remains to be seen if it’ll be equally or more effective than the current horizontal panel, or if it will be as cumbersome as it appears…

That said, it appears there are suggestions based of usage history, and that could be useful.

Packdude

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
Can't wait for it to launch. I'm ready to send all those unknown numbers to VM!

DarkCole

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
As an introvert, it’s irking me to have all my contacts right there. It sounds a bit bad, but what can I say! I don’t need to see them to think of them when sending something. This Share Sheet is made for extroverts.
As an introvert myself it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. There are still a few people I keep in contact with and this makes it a lot easier to share.

Nozuka

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2012
Well all the apps that previously stopped working for me seem to work in this release. :) Need more time to see if Safari works better too.

And yes i know it's a beta and some stuff is bound to not work right yet. (Since people usually get defensive, as soon as you mention something not working in beta)

shanson27

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Can you Post a video of the new animation in Photos when sharing an image? Thx.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
lunarworks.ca

I’ve been playing around with the beta. The vertical options is a curveball. It remains to be seen if it’ll be equally or more effective than the current horizontal panel, or if it will be as cumbersome as it appears…

That said, it appears there are suggestions based of usage history, and that could be useful.
As an introvert myself it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. There are still a few people I keep in contact with and this makes it a lot easier to share.
As another introvert, I like this share sheet because it removes a step from sending something to my wife or daughter.

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
So is it stable enough that will not kill my iPhone 8 Plus?
It's the only device I could use as my dev test device, but I don't want to be left without a working phone.
Very unlikely you’re going to “kill” your iPhone. The betas have been pretty good, but there are some occasional glitches. Not a showstopper for me in the least, but some people have lower tolerances for glitches.

TDDM

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2017
KA
Are there any new mouse settings?

Also, for anyone with the Magic Trackpad 2, can we pair it over bluetooth yet? Having to connect it through USB-C is a little frustrating :D

GeoStructural

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
I really hate the share sheet
Same. Prefer the old one.
[doublepost=1563394916][/doublepost]
Are there any new mouse settings?

Also, for anyone with the Magic Trackpad 2, can we pair it over bluetooth yet? Having to connect it through USB-C is a little frustrating :D
I am not sure about your specific trackpad but I was able to connect an HP wireless mouse through bluetooth right from Beta 1.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011

I’m with you. I wish there was a way to turn that part off. I don’t need to see a bunch of faces staring at me everytime I launch the share sheet. More often than not, I’m not using it to send an iMessage.

dannyyankou

macrumors G3
Mar 2, 2012
Scarsdale, NY

It just removes a step when contacting people. I guess you can argue they should make it optional and let you customize it, but I think the majority of people will find it useful.

IowaLynn

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2015
Having contacts at the top when I never use that - and never use iMessage, and notthrough sharing - have a pill icon for contacts. Not a row.

also I preferred horizontal rather than this long vertical list. And some things can't be hidden and yet never use.

TDDM

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2017
KA
I am not sure about your specific trackpad but I was able to connect an HP wireless mouse through bluetooth right from Beta 1
Yeah, it seems that most mice can connect over bluetooth, but Apple's magic trackpad can't for some reason. It only even shows up as a pointing device if it's connected by wire, and won't stay paired if unplugged.

rickpeters

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2019
When you create a handwritten note in the notes app (iPadOS), the title is automatically recognised based on your handwriting. I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else?

tonystark21

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
So is it stable enough that will not kill my iPhone 8 Plus?
It's the only device I could use as my dev test device, but I don't want to be left without a working phone.
Been using iOS 13 since Beta 1 on my main phone with very few issues. iOS Beta 3, I actually experienced the most issues with many unexpected crashes and restarts.

Reactions: Digger148