Everything New in iOS 13 Beta 4: Quick Action Updates, Share Sheet Changes and More

xpxp2002

macrumors regular
May 3, 2016
I don’t think I’ll be updating to iOS 13. Throughout the OS it just seems like messy/pointless design changes.

Ex. The new 3D Touch home screen icon platter. Looks so much worse than current.
I’m torn.

On one hand, the CarPlay enhancements are significant and overdue. And the security enhancements, like Bluetooth beacon, are important. In addition to ordinary security patches that will come with this release — wouldn’t want to not have those.

But on the other hand, I’m really concerned that 3D Touch will be removed or severely neutered in the final release, based on what I’ve been reading. That may be a dealbreaker if they choose to leave it that way for the final release.

mariusignorello

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2013
Has anyone gotten the audio sharing feature to work? If so what are the steps to use it? I thought it was as simple as bringing one device close to another when using AirPods but it isn’t working on beta 3.

eastpointvet

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
In this beta any bday I have saved to my calendar shows null. If I click on it goes to whoever the contact is but all bdays I have saved currently show this way. If anyone knows of a fix let me know

Pabloacval

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2018
I don't know why, but I'm still getting my incoming calls immediately send to the voice mail. Pretty annoying and a huge complicated bug. It's not happening to all beta testers, tho.

PS: Yep, I tried the silence unknown callers and also deactivating my 4G/LTE, but still with the issue.
I'm using an iPhone XS Max.

techfreak23

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2013
Anyone know if the DB4 fixed the link preview issues in safari and if they added back the motion access option in the settings for safari...?

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
O_O!

Apple always add this small changes that nobody cares about and counts them as “over 200 fantastic and exciting new improvements” in new OS’s
But why not? “Changes for the sake of changes”, typical tech industry move.

Reactions: MEJHarrison

withitnow

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
3D Touch has not been removed on 3D Touch devices. Tweaked slightly in the UX but still there. It can be used alongside the new Haptic Touch ‘long tap with release’ which does the same thing. They can both be used to do the same things.

Reactions: fullauto

GuruZac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2015
I wonder if there is any way they can quicken Haptic Touch. I know that by nature it is simply long touch with haptic feedback, but there is already a fast and slow setting. I wonder if they can create an even faster setting.

Reactions: orbital~debris

ovo6

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Are these developer profiles in the internet bad ? They look official

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
Can't wait for it to launch. I'm ready to send all those unknown numbers to VM!
I installed PB1 for this reason alone, and let me tell you any bugs I've come across are nothing in comparison to the robo calls.

Though I honestly expected to not have any kind of notification when a call was blocked, or maybe a section in settings where I could review any numbers that didn't make the cut, but it doesn't perform that way. If you didn't know, your phone doesn't ring of course, but the display lights up to say "Missed call". Not a big deal if your phone sits in your pocked all day but sometimes if I have it on my desk at work I'll see it light up and curiosity gets the best of me.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Abazigal

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Apple will always make it easiest to use their own services. Nothing new about that.

I'm sorry you don't use iMessage. The new sheet is extremely convenient for iMessage users.
Don’t be. It’s just that iMessage hasn’t caught on in Asia where everyone is on WhatsApp anyways. It’s just that this option will largely go unutilised by me. Shame, but life goes on.

gleepskip

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2005
Don’t be. It’s just that iMessage hasn’t caught on in Asia where everyone is on WhatsApp anyways. It’s just that this option will largely go unutilised by me. Shame, but life goes on.
It's also unpopular where cellular services are expensive and SMS messages are metered. If you have an iPhone and your friends do not, they aren't going to be happy to receive an SMS from you via iMessage.

So it's expected of Apple to design it the way they do, but it's certainly not the same tech culture in every corner of the globe.

berrymetal

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2017
The problem with the share sheet isn’t the inclusion of contacts. It’s how messy shortcuts and actions are. They should be split

Bawstun

macrumors 68000
Jun 25, 2009
ok, so they aren't removing 3d touch in ios 13, right? 'cause several people have said that it's not in the betas.
3D Touch is a failed tech that Apple doesn’t want to admit didn’t catch on / failed. It is being phased out, that’s why it’s dropped in the newer devices.
[doublepost=1563423958][/doublepost]
I don’t think I’ll be updating to iOS 13. Throughout the OS it just seems like messy/pointless design changes.

Ex. The new 3D Touch home screen icon platter. Looks so much worse than current.
Most if not all of Apple’s latest design changes suck and are awful, uninspired and not intuitive at all. Started with iOS 11, then the notch and touchbar and has gotten worse across every device and interface they produce.
[doublepost=1563424264][/doublepost]
I’m torn.

On one hand, the CarPlay enhancements are significant and overdue. And the security enhancements, like Bluetooth beacon, are important. In addition to ordinary security patches that will come with this release — wouldn’t want to not have those.

But on the other hand, I’m really concerned that 3D Touch will be removed or severely neutered in the final release, based on what I’ve been reading. That may be a dealbreaker if they choose to leave it that way for the final release.
3D Touch never caught on. It’s toast. Gone. Not coming back.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
www.aisutech.net
Generally speaking, when someone is asking the questions you've asked, I'd say stay away. You only have one device to test on and you want to keep that device in working order. That may not happen. I can guess that you're fairly new to betas in general (just a guess) or you probably would already have the answers to your questions. That feels risky since it seems you're jumping in without really knowing what you're doing.
Thanks for the advice, it helps us keep our feet on the ground.

The main reason why I kept asking is because Apple forgot to include the Release Notes in Wednesday’s betas, so I have no clue on what was fixed and what’s still broken.
Beta 3 Release Notes revealed some issues that I didn't want to deal with.
I have all my data in iCloud in case the beta flops, just don't want to waste time trying to recover and go back to iOS 12.

UPDATE: I just found the beta Release Notes, so I should be able to make a good decision about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: MEJHarrison