Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
How does one access the ADC store to get prices? Must you but the ADC membership first? :(

(And if that's the case, what's a 17" High-res MBP with 200GB HD, a 23" ACD, AirPort BS, and wireless keyboard/mouse run? :) )

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2006
London
Thanks for posting that MacDonaldsd, reasuring since I'm looking to do the same thing. :D

Just to verify for you mkgm1, the HE discount for a MBP with 7200rpm HD = £1,444.08. You were spot on :)

If anyone else is curious the base MBP HE Discounts are
15"/2.2Ghz/2GB/120GB = £1,104.50
15"/2.4Ghz/2GB/160GB = £1,359.48
17"/2.4Ghz/2GB/160GB = £1,528.68

If you want to know any other HE prices please ask

Hey!

Just found this thread (ideas circling in head!)...

What would the ADC discounted total incl VAT be on the setup below?

20" Apple Cinema Display plus Base model Mac Mini?

cheers

CaPo

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
Hey!

Just found this thread (ideas circling in head!)...

What would the ADC discounted total incl VAT be on the setup below?

20" Apple Cinema Display plus Base model Mac Mini?

cheers

CaPo

Hi Capo

Problem is you have to ring apple to get a quote in the UK which is silly.

If the 20% rule still holds on non pro models your looking at £640 for that setup.

Being 100% honest I don't know if the mac mini is included or if it is, does get the same discount.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2006
London
Hi Capo

If the 20% rule still holds on non pro models your looking at £640 for that setup.

Being 100% honest I don't know if the mac mini is included or if it is, does get the same discount.

Thanks for that - i'll get on it and see how close your figure is. That'd be a sweet price for me though..

shoppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Hants
How about th mid ranged macbook?

Hi Capo

Do you have any prices for it? Thanks very much

Simon

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
are you allowed to use coupon codes when purchasing a system via ADC?...like a $30 off $300? or any other $ off coupon?

klex

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
First of, after wondering for years why my dad's company all ran Macs, I made the switch last week. I'm a proud owner of a 2.4 GhZ, 2RAM, 160 hard drive (5400). I absolutely love it!

Now to the topic of the thread...

Just to add to the calculation (all prices in USD):

EDU MBP 2.4:
sell free Ipod and printer on Ebay or similar site: approx.: 250 (somewhat conservative estimate)
tax (let's say 130)
Total: 2179

ADC MBP 2.4:
Membership 99
tax (let's say 120)
Total 2218

Difference: 39USD

Of course you do get the free Leopard with the ADC...:)

chem

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
I have questions about the ADC Student discount and warranty/support. I read that the ADC purchase only comes with a one year warranty standard.

1. Can you purchase 3 years of Applecare when you buy the computer through ADC?
2. Can you apply a separate, later purchase of Applecare to your ADC purchased product?
3. If I have an ADC macbook pro with or without extra applecare, can I simply take it into an Apple store at any time and ask for a "mac genius" to fix something?
4. If I need to do a warranty return for a repair, can I do it through a store (maybe if I bought applecare?), or must it always be done sending it back via RMA / mail?

Thanks!

toxic-waste

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2006
I haven't read the whole thread yet, so sorry if this has already been said....

I just ordered my new MBP with ADC. I'm a college student in Denmark, and 18 years old.

I bought the ADC student membership for 750 Dkk(137$), and got the activation code they day after, in my e-mail. I then logged into the ADC login site and checked a box under my profile called student status or something along those lines (Where I had to enter my student ID, This was ofcourse a special danish student ID so i'm sure they had no way to check this)...

I also had to send in a copy of my student ID, Drivers license and an enrollment letter(I didn't have the enrollment letter, so gave them some other official looking paper from my school)

I faxed it to apple, 3 days passed and was denied ADC student membership, I then attached the same info in a mail and sent it to devprograms@apple.com , and this time i was accepted(Bad fax i guess, but I recommend e-mailing them(Faster, Cheaper, More reliable. When you attach something they automatically receive it as a verification submission)..

Another night passed and I checked my assets status under my ADC login, and i saw the "ADC Student Hardware Discount". I then phoned my local apple store and was redirected to a phone in Ireland or something like that, after a quick talk with the sales person i ordered a MBP 2.4Ghz stock model with glossy screen...

I was told I would only recieve normal student discount on any accessories i bought with the MBP. NO ipod rebate in eruope. :S

So here is what i payed...
All prices in DKK, including VAT

Reuglar MBP 2.4:

ADC MBP 2.4:
Membership 750
Total: 15.550
Saved: 2.950 or approx. 548 USD

:p NICE :p

mkgm1

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2007
That's brilliant. :)

Btw, you don't get an iPod rebate anywhere in the world if you're using ADC, so don't think that you've missed out.

toxic-waste

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2006
That's brilliant. :)

Btw, you don't get an iPod rebate anywhere in the world if you're using ADC, so don't think that you've missed out.

I was told by the salesman that in the US you can get 20% off any accessory (Including Ipod), but max 1 accessory when purchasing a system with ADC discount.

But in Europe you only get normal student rebate (10%) on the accessory.

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I have questions about the ADC Student discount and warranty/support. I read that the ADC purchase only comes with a one year warranty standard.

1. Can you purchase 3 years of Applecare when you buy the computer through ADC?
2. Can you apply a separate, later purchase of Applecare to your ADC purchased product?
3. If I have an ADC macbook pro with or without extra applecare, can I simply take it into an Apple store at any time and ask for a "mac genius" to fix something?
4. If I need to do a warranty return for a repair, can I do it through a store (maybe if I bought applecare?), or must it always be done sending it back via RMA / mail?

Thanks!

1. Yes, but don't buy it from the ADC store because its normal price. You can purchase Apple Care from any store you qualify for. EX. If you qualify for the student discount as well, buy Apple Care from that store.

2. Yes, I believe so.

3. I am pretty sure once you buy the MBP, they treat it as any other MBP. The genius is probably not even going to know its an ADC purchase. However, someone else should shed more light on this.

4. The normal conditions apply, again, once you have ownership of the MBP, I am pretty sure normal conditions apply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.