Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
OMG all of the facebook haters now. The whole trend of the internet jumping on hating things ( hipsters, facebook, apple, nickel back, etc. ) is so pathetic. Grow up you kids. Facebook is great if you have actual family and friends. If not go use G+.

Maybe you should grow up and realize some simply don't like Facebook. You like it. Good for you. I can't stand it.

Get over it. I did.

you, and everyone else who complains about facebook, more annoying than the people who use facebook.

that is a fact.

Putting something in bold doesn't make it a fact or give it more gravity. If it is a fact, prove it. :D

wimbledonsound

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2010
Must be fundamental to life, because they filmed people from a jaunty angle gesticulating and enthusing. Now if only they could make it out of a single piece of metal... :D

Fatalbert

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
How about not telling you about BS like someone liking a photo? As an experiment, I like everything I post (which isn't that much), and everyone knows when I do it.

----------

OMG all of the facebook haters now. The whole trend of the internet jumping on hating things ( hipsters, facebook, apple, nickel back, etc. ) is so pathetic. Grow up you kids. Facebook is great if you have actual family and friends. If not go use G+.

It's surprising that people on the Internet hate hipsters. A lot of those people on funny photo sites are hipsters.

Hipsters: wear weird clothes (whatever), pretend like they wear awesome clothes (annoying), waste money (not good), can be selfish (bad), and can be communists in extreme cases (bad).

FaceBook: waste of time when used as much as most people use it. However, calling it useless is being a "hater".

G+: like FaceBook but worse, plus, Google shoves it in your face all the time if you use YouTube.

Nickel Back: Dunno what this is.

----------

Putting something in bold doesn't make it a fact or give it more gravity. If it is a fact, prove it. :D

I can't really see how people using FaceBook can be annoying unless they're like my friends and constantly urge me to make an account, use my real name and face, stop liking my own posts, etc. They take it so seriously.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
"Facebook is aiming to "give everyone in the world the best personalized newspaper we can," according to founder Mark Zuckerberg"

Right - that's a pretty loose definition of "news" there, Zuck.

switcher3365

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
Hopefully, I will be able to see ALL of the posts on my custom list on the desktop version.

I'd rather check Facebook on the computer when I am at home, but SEVERAL posts on my custom list will be missing. Somehow, I don't have this problem on the iPhone app. I'm stuck using the phone and then have to go to the computer if there is a video or something.

Anyone else have this problem?

TripleCore

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
Was reading an article yesterday where a Russian intelligence officer stated that Social Media is a "dream come true" for gathering information on people, what they like, current photos, who they associate with, and more. He stated that FaceBook would have put the KGB out of business.

No privacy concerns here folks....move along.

And think about who some of its biggest customers are...

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I like Facebook, but their iPhone app is atrocious and always has been. It is dog-slow, crashes frequently, buggy, sucks down battery life, and overall so frustrating that sometimes I want to throw my phone against the wall.

Typical example: I'll scroll down in my News Feed, see a photo I want to expand, and tap on it. The entire UI freezes for a good 7-10 seconds while it loads the photo. Sometimes even longer.

If I tap the Home button while it's doing this, then come back to the Facebook app, then I'm treated to a blank white screen for 5 seconds or so. After that, there's about a 50/50 chance I'll see the photo or news feed, versus being dumped back to the launcher because the app crashed.

Pile of junk.
It used to be an awfully buggy piece of crap app but ever since their major rewrite it's fixed (thanks in part from iOS training from Big Nerd Ranch). Heck, it works better than the full site. This is on an iPhone 5.

rhuber

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2011
They may have been inspired by mobile devices, but by the looks of it, they were equally inspired by Google, because the new feed looks sure looks familiar to anyone using Google+.

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Facebook? That is so 2010.

Exactly.

Once you realize that you're surrounded by a community of your friend's parents, a weird cousin, and people you never liked in highschool, you have the urge to jump ship. Especially when you realize that it's those people that seem to spend the most time on facebook.

EliAbra

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
it took Facebook 3 years the idea to uncluter.... i wonder what was the give-away? maybe the programs like uncluter Facebook we had to install meanwhile for 3 years?

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
He is anti-semitic and hates his own people.. I am not jealous of that traitorous ****..

Then again I hate corporate rule in this country.. sorry for going over a bit, just that from what I read about the CEO of facebook he is anti-israel and is anti-semitic.

Sounds like someone is jealous. I don't see what all of the hate is about. If you don't like Facebook don't use it. :cool:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
A little sad its heading that way. I really dislike the iOS app, but I guess just like Twitter they want to unify the look on all platforms.

I've been more and more tempted to close my FB account in recent months. There seems to be a huge influx of people "sharing" and "liking" those images that command you to do so. I saw one a few days ago of a bloodied child on a hospital bed with the text "for every share Face Book companies will donate 25c to help pay for this boys surgery". I reported it, and minutes later received an email saying it doesn't break any rules (disregarding the scam text, not even blood/violence?).
I just report each account that creates those images as spam/scam when they pop up on my time line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.