Fastest way to get a jet black iPhone 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by futurejetblackowner, Nov 5, 2016.

1. futurejetblackowner macrumors member

I'm tired of seeing stories of people who were waiting for their phones only to come across a jet black randomly at some retailer. I ordered a jet black+ two weeks ago, and its estimated ship date is 12/12-12/19

I called my Apple store and they were out of stock. Where else can I go?

*I also called a target and a worker told me I'd have pre-order, but I'm not sure if that would be faster since it's one target store and it's not like I'm ordering through the general target website.

Suggestions?

2. mmartinezs macrumors regular

3. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

istocknow/apple website refresh and NEVER pre-order.

I got lucky beginning of October with a jet black 7+ by refreshing the upgrade programme webpage every now and then.

If you put in the effort you will always get one earlier than pre-orders ship out, unless you are one of the first batch to pre-order.

4. futurejetblackowner thread starter macrumors member

I really hope this jet black is worth it

5. snarlz macrumors 6502

snarlz

It will be! I swapped out my Matt Black and have no regrets, I really hope they continue it for the 8

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

You could buy one from a "scalper" on Ebay.

7. tma888 macrumors member

tma888

if youre in Canada, Vancouver specifically, bestbuys here have at 1 or 2 JB 7+ 64GB everytime i visit which is atleast 3 times a week.

8. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

It is. I kept checking istocknow.com as others have said till I found one in my area. Made a reservation to pick it up online and got it. Jet black is worth it.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Either Ebay or CL.
    You didn't say cheaper.
    It will be the fastest but it will cost more.

10. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Likely they will keep the Jet Black in the line up. I don't see Apple abandoning the Jet Black color being abandoned quite yet.

11. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

Apple abandoned the slate black colour of the iPhone 5 due to chipping for space grey/grey on iPhone 5S. If the next iPhone is the major redesign then they may well abandon Jet Black due to the difficultly making it. I think Apple only went with Jet Black this year to make the iPhone 7 an easier sell, the Jet Black finish makes it look a lot more different to the 6/6S.

If the next iPhone looks a lot different then they don't need to bother with Jet Black and can just stick to easier to produce and more robust colours. Which is a shame as Jet Black really does look amazing.

12. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I don't about that. Apple really pushed this Black color this year.

Apple already made it clear the Jet Black would scratch, so it's not like they weren't aware of this. Hopefully Apple can improve on the Jet Black in terms of being more scratch resistant, I see it being around for while. Rumors are indicating a possible white ceramic iPhone for 2017 as well, which would Compliment the Jet Black.

And the Jet Black is a nice color. Although I opted Out, being I knew it would scratch easily.

13. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

Yes but that was my point, Apple pushed the Jet Black hard because this is the model that looks a lot more different to the 6/6S than the others. So they were prepared to take the lower yields on the Jet Black as that one best helps them sell the message the iPhone 7 is a significant change and not just a second revision of the iPhone 6.

I hope Jet Black stays around, I was annoyed that the slate black option disappeared. My fear is that Apple might drop it if they don't feel they need it, if they think the next model will sell regardless they might stick to the colours that give them the best profit margin. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion either way as to whether they will keep it or not, it's definitely popular but that might not be enough.

14. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

God, I hope so. I would buy that in an instant. Jet black looks so nice, but I miss my white front.

15. futurejetblackowner thread starter macrumors member

I also live in the DC area (Northern VA to be exact). Where should I look? and where did you find yours?

16. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

Got mine at the Reston Apple store.

17. xtremefx macrumors member

xtremefx

i also have the same prob. dont wanna wait that time for my 7+ jb 128gb... i still looking over bestbuy inventory online to get it but still nothing. just backordered.. and they do price match...

18. thebeachbum macrumors newbie

thebeachbum

19. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It sure does. They're not impossible to find though.

20. bniu macrumors 6502a

I was sitting in my hotel room in Portland, OR at midnight and randomly checked istocknow and saw there was a jet black 256GB sim free 7+ available at the Apple Store in Nashua, NH so I snapped it up and sent my sister to go pick it up for me (she lives 45 minutes away). Since I would be seeing her in a week, it was the perfect arrangement.

21. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

Curious ... I thought the JB only comes in 128GB and 256GB?

22. chazcr125r macrumors newbie

chazcr125r

I ordered mine on the Verizon website. It said the estimated ship date was 11/30 but I received a message that it will delivered tomorrow 11/8

23. tma888 macrumors member

tma888

my bad...i mean 128GB..the 64GB were the Matte Black.

thanks for pointing that out.

24. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

There is no 64GB either. :)