Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youngjm

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2009
I called FEDEX this morning and as I was talking with the rep, she told me my iPhone had just been delivered even though the online status said it was still at the distribution hub in town.

tranceme

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
California, US
They may increase their cpu power for those months as well.

LOL. Good point. Why would their tracking systems be slow? I can understand being short of drivers/handlers. But, I would assume they get more web tracking traffic during the holidays. Or maybe people don't really do heavy tracking like crazy iPhone buyers :)

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
I called FEDEX this morning and as I was talking with the rep, she told me my iPhone had just been delivered even though the online status said it was still at the distribution hub in town.

How did they check this? They use the same system the web site uses???

shallowal

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
still waiting on mine. 2 say they'll be here by noon and the other 1 says it'll be here tomorrow by noon wtf lol

dnaida

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
Where do they work , so they can just stand in line for new iPhone about 3 hours?

erzeszut

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
I got mine today, about 10:25 AM central time, here in Birmingham, Alabama. Just beating FedEx's "by 10:30 AM" delivery estimate.

Still, the tracking info on fedex.com, nearly 2 hours later, just has "departed Memphis, TN" as the last known information. Never an arrival scan in Birmingham, nor an "out for delivery" scan.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Wow, those San Francisco dudes are wearing coats. If you wore a coat here (Raleigh, NC) today, you'd wind up with a heat stroke.

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
They don't work....

It's the first time out of Mommy and Daddy's basement (with their credit card) in weeks!

contempt

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2003
Brooklyn
Woohoo. Wife just called and said FedEx just arrived with it. Web status still says it's in NJ so definitely a massive glitch.

jmnikricket

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008
During the busiest day of the Christmas season, FedEx handles upwards of 10 million packages. I have a hard time believing a few hundred thousand iPhone packages are that big of a deal.

Evidently the average Apple fan is way more obsessive about checking shipping status than people who just want their packages to arrive sometime before Christmas ;)

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Feels weird to be sitting this one out, and it's easier to see just how ridiculous it is to waste a day camped on the sidewalk in front of a store, to save a couple hours of standing in line.

Maybe next years version will be available off-AT&T. ...Or the next one. I can wait.

skikid419

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
i called fedex about my shipment
still havent gotten mine in villanova pennsylvania
they said its on a van for delivery.

Whatever you say (fill in the blank of a hated company here)...

Im a huge apple fan but i cant help laughing at the nightmare this launch has been.

hzeat

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009
Dallas
this may explain what I am seeing:

Jun 23, 2010 04:33
Departed FedEx location
FORT WORTH, TX

Jun 22, 2010 21:40
Arrived at FedEx location
FORT WORTH, TX

I have never seen that before, normally it reads "out for delivery"
I think they are doing it on purpose, not due to volume. Another fedex shipment set for today updated just fine (though it is going to another address).

-ee

i had the same status...i just received it, but i'm right here in Mesquite which is only 30 minutes or so away from Fort Worth.

WalterNeff

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
It's Here!

17 minutes before 10:30am - on schedule; though tracking says it's still in Oakland.

yummy yummy - Go USA!

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
My delivery of two iPhone 4 32GB models arrived this morning at 9:35, just minutes after I checked the FedEx site which said they were still at the sorting center here in Chicago. Activated and impressed!

mnrvokk

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
UPS delivery Seattle Area

Any one in the Seattle area waiting for their phone to be delivered by UPS. I ordered mine on At&T and my tracking status says... Out for Delivery.

Hopefully UPS will get to me before end of business today.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
IS nothing going right with the iPhone4?

• Let's review:

The phone didn't work on stage b/c of wifi

ATT's servers crash b/c too many people want the phone

Mass shortages of the white iPhone and limited supplies of the black iPhone

FedEX's tracking info go kaput.

I wonder what else will happen?

I'm a BIG Apple Fan but this is just nuts!
because apple was in control of all those situations....:rolleyes:

ATHmathieu

macrumors regular
Phone JUST ARRIVED via FedEx

Tracking still says "Departed Memphis at 3:40 am" as the last scan

The LCD screen on this phone is AMAZING... you can't even see the pixels! It feels way way more expensive than the $199 pricetag. Also, it doesn't sit in your hand as well as the last iPhone so it will feel like it could fall out more easily if you don't have the right grip on it while using it!

denverite

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
pretty giddy

received my phone from fedex this morning at 8:40am. i couldnt believe it, but there were no problems or delay with activation!!! have already texted video and had face time with a friend who received theirs - so much fun!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.