macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple announced four updates to their media applications today:

Final Cut Pro 5
Motion 2
SoundTrack Pro
DVD Studio Pro 4

All four products are now also bundled in a package called Final Cut Studio which delivers all products for $1299.

Apple has updated the online Apple Store to reflect the changes. Each application is still available individually.

CalfCanuck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Soundtrack Pro sounds promising to me.

What are it's specs? How many channels does it support?

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
Only $499 updating from the production suite.

Still the old information on the website, the apple store is the only info on new apps . . .

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
SAukland said:
It showing up at Shake 3.5 on the Store.
go to the app's page:

Shake 4 is the only compositing software with a complete toolset for both single artists and visual effects facilities. With 3D multi-plane compositing, 32-bit Keylight and Primatte keying, cutting edge Optical Flow image processing, Final Cut Pro 5 integration and an open, extensible scripting language, Shake 4 delivers all the tools required for sophisticated film and television visual effects
weird though that they don't seem to be highlighting it since it's not part of the suite

http://www.apple.com/shake/

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
will the keynote of tiger be put up in a few? id be cool to see the final version up for display and show... :D

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
From the DVD Studio Pro page:

For Playing Back HD DVDs
Macintosh computer with PowerPC G5
Apple DVD Player v4.6
Mac OS X v10.4.1

I guess 10.4.1 will be out soon as will be DVD Player v 4.6. (The version shipping with Tiger Gold is advertised as v. 4.5!) It also means, even the latest PB won't be able to play back HD DVDs!

Rocket Rion

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Austin
These pro app upgrades are great, but Thinksecret and Appleinsider were saying there would be a dozen updates and new pro apps. The rumor-mill sites are a total joke. Except for MacRumors, of course.

crpchristian

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2005
soundtrack...score

I remember on here politely :p discussing the idea of eventually ditching Logic and turning it into a audio editor that was more easily used for film makers. Looks like apple decided to keep Logic as an aswesome tool for musicians (so far) and develop Soundtrack into what looks like a fabulous tool for film makers. I'm most certainly going to own both and use both, good move on apples part i think.

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
Rocket Rion said:
These pro app upgrades are great, but Thinksecret and Appleinsider were saying there would be a dozen updates and new pro apps. The rumor-mill sites are a total joke. Except for MacRumors, of course.
well, TS predicted:

Almost certain at this point is that Apple will deliver new versions of DVD Studio Pro and Shake alongside the new version of Final Cut Pro, along with very likely an upgrade to Motion. Sources continue to point to at least one completely new pro video application, and rumblings have increased recently that a totally new pro audio application will debut as well.
they were right about everything but the new pro video app. as for all those codenames and everything, TS said they included bundled apps with FCP.