Finally did it and changed from 6 Plus to 6....... Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulie6978, Sep 13, 2014.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

I just made the switch. I went back and forth all day yesterday but decided to go with the 6.

My wait time was 4-6 weeks for the plus and i just thought it was way too big.

Anyone else make this switch like I did ?

2. G-Ziss macrumors regular

Nope, and I find it strange how people would rather get the phone they don't want than to have to wait a couple of extra weeks to get the phone they do want.

3. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

I'm the other way. I have a 6 on order for the 29th and a plus for Oct 10. Still can't decide. How did you decide?

4. Vladislav macrumors regular

flip a coin :p

5. uchosen macrumors 6502

Yup. The smartphone you have right now probably still works and does most of what the iP6 will do. Get the one you really want even if you have to wait a little.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

My initial though is wait time was more a factor than thinking the phone was too big?

Maybe I'm wrong.

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

He doesn't really want it, that's the point.

8. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Be honest, you just wanted the new iPhone ASAP. You have tried to convince yourself that it was to do with the screen size :p

9. Rockies macrumors 6502

Nope. Happy with my 6+ Phone decision. I don't understand why people are starting threads why they made the switch. If you have to defend your selection, perhaps there is a little regret that you did.

10. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I hope it wasn't mainly the wait time that made you switch. I figure it's better to wait for the one that you want than to end up feeling like you settled.

11. G-Ziss macrumors regular

Just the fact that the TC mentioned the wait time being 4-6 weeks in the OP tells me that it was at least a decision factor.

12. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Hope there are THOUSANDS more like you so I get my Plus on launch day and not the Oct 1-6 window they gave me

13. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

I mentioned wait time purely to let everyone know.

Im switching because i just thing its too big. I would be happy with either or but i made my decision based on size.

14. G-Ziss macrumors regular

Sure you did. You keep telling yourself that and maybe you will believe it.

15. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

It's really something... 2 years is a long time to be stuck with something you didn't really want.

16. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

whats the difference? Does it bother you that i switced?

i dont get why people on here always have something snarky to say.

I started this thread to see if anyone else decided to switch as well.

your meaningless 2 pennies isnt needed pal

17. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

The only twinge of envy I feel for the 6 vs. the 6+ I ordered is because a really nice Sena holster I was admiring is going to be released for the 6 only. The 6 does seem to have a wider range of case offerings available. That's really been about it so far, otherwise I'm eagerly anticipating my 6+.

Once Apple abandoned the 3.5" screens the iPhone entered a twilight zone for me where it was too big to be comfortably pocketable for my small stature and too small to enjoy using for much beyond iPod and phone and camera functionality. There's a chance I'll find the 6plus too big, but I won't know unless I try it. It won't be that hard for me to exchange it for a 6.

Edit to add, Paulie ignore the snark. I'm sure you'll enjoy your 6. Thanks for letting us know why you switched. It may help those on the fence with their decision making process. Best wishes to you. If you change your mind and decide to exchange, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

18. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Im sure the market will be flooded with all kinds of cases for the 6 and 6+ down the line as always with a new release of a smartphone.

19. Rockies macrumors 6502

You might want to consider cancelling your order. There is no way you can make an appropriate decision without seeing them in person. This is a rather big investment and you want to make sure that YOU are happy, not what everybody else is happy with. I would go early Friday morning and play with both screen sizes and buy the one YOU are happy with. Most stores will have a few in stock Friday morning, just get in line early.

20. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

you hit the nail on the head!

21. madmod20061 macrumors newbie

I had the 6 on order for release date from AT&T and the 6 Plus on order through Apple for early October. After a day I figured I would get the 6 because it would fit in my shirt pocket better. I cancelled my Apple order and almost immediately received a cancellation text from AT&T. They erroneously canceled my order saying i wasn't eligible for an upgrade (I talked to an ATT rep and I was but they couldn't restore my order). I said screw it and ordered the Plus again. Unfortunately AT&Ts error caused me to lose release date delivery/Early Oct delivery and now I have to wait a month instead of a few weeks to get the plus. Oh well.

22. dvboy macrumors regular

I ordered the 6,but this morning I cut out a piece of plastic the same dimensions of the 6+ and played around with it a bit.I was surprised that it was not as big as I envisioned.Hmmm,this is not an easy decision,if they had the exact sames specs and features I would still be leaning towards the 6,but the extra resolution and optical stabilization on the 6+ really has me on the fence.:confused:

23. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I will admit that I was very frustrated yesterday when I realized I couldn't get the 6 Plus on launch day. Primarily because I REALLY love having new Apple products on launch day and have yet to miss getting the new iPhone on "iPhone Friday." So, I've also gone through the somewhat irrational thought process of canceling my order and buying an iPhone 6 because it will deliver on 9/19. However, I am still more interested in the 6 Plus and willing to wait. Also, I think it's still possible that my local Apple Store will have stock of the 6 Plus in the config I want next Friday. If so, great - I can cancel my order. If not, I get to play with a 6 Plus in store and wait for my order to arrive.

24. G-Ziss macrumors regular

You're just mad because you know I'm right.

25. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I think you made the right choice. The iPhone's claim to fame when it came out was that it enabled people to carry the internet in their pocket. The 6 Plus takes away this fundamental ability - not something that OIS and a few landscape apps could fix. Not to mention that having apps designed for a 4" screen scaled up to fit a 5.5" screen is a bit ridiculous. I predict a lot of disappointed people a few weeks after launch day, when the newness wears off and the frustration sets in.