Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by quovadis, Nov 20, 2007.
This beta is a great improvement. Includes built-in adblocker. Amazing!
I use safari and don't use firefox but downloaded this beta. All I can say is until I can open links and pages in a new page by holding command I won't be switching.
Where can this be downloaded (I couldn't find it on the Mozilla website)?
Here you go:
Celeron, thank you very much!
i just downloaded it also, but haven't used it much.
how stable is it? usable for day to day browsing? i've been wanting to run it but not in the mood for a lot of crashes.
188.8.131.52 is running just fine tho. rock solid.
of course, irony is finishing my post, deciding to check if there was an update and guess what-FF crashed. go figure....
I really don't see what the difference is. There's a few little features sprinkled here and there - nothing to get excited about. Hardly noticeable.
Um...you can. Personally, I just click a link with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) if I want to open it in a new tab. But you also command-click to get one in a new tab. And you can shift-click to open the link in a new window. But the middle click with the mouse wheel is my favorite shortcut; it's partly what made me start using FireFox back when it was called Phoenix 0.8.
I thought we're only up to 184.108.40.206 right now?
won't work with Yahoo mail... hangs tight.
*looks at Firefox 3 beta*
Same old ugly appearance!
uhhh.. command-click to open links in new tab, shift-click to open links in new window etc is kind of a universal thing. it works in Safari, it also works in Firefox, and of course, Internet Explorer.
I think you are totally wrong. Here's a small sampling of a few changes:
* Improved security features such as: better presentation of website identity and security, malware protection, stricter SSL error pages, anti-virus integration in the download manager, and version checking for insecure plugins.
* Improved ease of use through: better password management, easier add-on installation, new download manager with resumable downloading, full page zoom, animated tab strip, and better integration with Windows Vista and Mac OS X.
* Richer personalization through: one-click bookmarking, smart search bookmark folders, direct typing in location bar searches your history and bookmarks for URLs and page titles, ability to register web applications as protocol handlers, and better customization of download actions for file types.
* Improved platform features such as: new graphics and font rendering architecture, native web page form controls, colour profile management, and offline application support.
* Performance improvements such as: better data reliability for user profiles, architectural improvements to speed up page rendering, over 300 memory leak fixes, and a new XPCOM cycle collector to reduce entire classes of leaks.
You can check out the release notes for a lot more, too.
The move to the new graphics library is huge and it looks like FF 3 will benefit everyone!
That's where you're wrong. Am I the only one who read the intro page after installing FF3?
It says that Mac users need to download the new prototype theme they are working on.
Here's the link to the theme...
Here's a screenshot: http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/DavidTJCXP/Picture2.png
Nobody really reads or understands what the word "beta" means anymore, do they?
Beta or not, see my post above ^
Definite improvement over 2.
Although I doubt I'll switch from Safari, but you never know
that's the latest release. but i got the beta of .10. should be out very soon.
Your wallpaper sucks.. and wtf at MSN messenger? No adium in your dock?
You have bigger problems than browsing...
how can we change the colors of firefox window?
Is there anyway to get rid of the status bar? Since using Safari I can't stand having that there on any other browser. I love Safari's simplicity.
this beta version is bloody fast than safari, camino
5 stars for this release
can you provide the ones which compatible with this latest build