Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kegan forbes

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2017
michigan
It’s the same thickness as my old 5s but thinner by just a bit than my xs max. I do like the over all feel of it so far. Let’s hope I continue to like the smaller screen b
4FAC4765-FFB3-43FA-AEB1-1783CB7BAA9A.jpeg

Attachments

• 4CB28424-8225-457C-87E4-C041A307C031.jpeg
    4CB28424-8225-457C-87E4-C041A307C031.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: I7guy and 5105973

MacRealist91

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2020
To anyone who is concerned about the warmer display, this seems to be related to true tone. The display is warmer when true tone is enabled, but shows a proper white when disabled.
Here is a comparsion of my iPhone 7, iPhone XR and my iPhone 12 pro with true tone enabled:

View attachment 971852

This is with true tone disabled on the iPhone 12 pro:
View attachment 971853
My 12 Pro is noticeably warmer but also much brighter than my Xs Max. ?

Last edited:

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Is it me or are these first impression comments a little underwhelming? Maybe it’s because I’m sitting on the fence now between an 11 pro max for a 12 pro or 12 pro max

honestly, they can't have a revolution in phone design and technology every 12 months, its even worse during a global pandemic. No one should upgrade yearly IMHO.

Reactions: MacRealist91

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
Is it me or are these first impression comments a little underwhelming? Maybe it’s because I’m sitting on the fence now between an 11 pro max for a 12 pro or 12 pro max
The biggest difference is actually the new look. 12's will sell like hotcakes because anyone with an 11 will look like they have an old phone. If 13s look the same as 12s they wont' sell as much. But I'm betting they will at least change the colours for the 13s.

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Why do you hear so many complaints from US iPhone with an Intel modem inside and not from many other places, I hear very few complaints here, as I said before, US carriers suck big time.

As far as I know the modem has little to do with GPS, I for one have no issues with it whatsoever.

Yes, US carriers are not great, so a crappy modem will be much more apparent here! If you have a great carrier and great signal everywhere, you likely won’t notice a difference between Intel and Qualcomm modems.

Reactions: justperry

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Disagree. I am excited for 5G. It’s not a huge deal because LTE is very good, but I’m glad to have it. Definitely a selling point for me.

Me too. I’m going to keep my phone for 3-4 years, so for me, having 5G is very important, because even if 5G coverage isn’t very widespread right now, it likely will be in another year or two.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68020
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Honestly 2 things about it that I dislike already. I think I’ll be returning it and keeping my iPhone 11. The screen looks awful when compared to my 11... yes I know it’s a matter of personal preference but I just don’t care for warm displays and while the iPhone 12 is a little sharper I still think the iPhone 11 display looks better overall. Also dislike that all the cases are now closed at the bottom, making the frequent swipe up gestures awkward.
ABE6E239-EF29-4C41-8816-C35FE8E41E4A.jpeg
64E7B1D5-7BD3-4FB2-BAA2-86ADAF75F5C1.jpeg

Sinonson81

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018
Honestly 2 things about it that I dislike already. I think I’ll be returning it and keeping my iPhone 11. The screen looks awful when compared to my 11... yes I know it’s a matter of personal preference but I just don’t care for warm displays and while the iPhone 12 is a little sharper I still think the iPhone 11 display looks better overall. Also dislike that all the cases are now closed at the bottom, making the frequent swipe up gestures awkward. View attachment 973401 View attachment 973406
The one on left has the warmer display. but u can’t tone it down with true town or u can adjust it under accessibility display and color hues.

Last edited:

Denzo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Australia
I feel like people with an iPhone 11 Pro are complaining about not “needing” to upgrade to an iPhone 12 pro.
I’m pretty sure this is intended by Apple. What gives our iPhones the best resale of any phone in the market is that they last for years and the phone launched back then is relevant today.. it doesn’t get outdated so quickly like the androids do. Heck, you can buy a galaxy phone for nearly half price brand new within a year.
I love that Apple keep the upgrades subtle so the new iPhone you bought is decent for a few years.. especially when I drop so much ? on it.
ps coming from an iPhone 7.. how amazing is Face ID!!!

Last edited:

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Why shouldn’t people spend their money the way they want?

they can, they can set it on fire, I am just saying there is no reason to do a yearly upgrade as the differences are not worth it for mere mortals. Those who do want to live on the edge of technology, and if so they already know how much they are paying and what they are getting.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
they can, they can set it on fire, I am just saying there is no reason to do a yearly upgrade as the differences are not worth it for mere mortals. Those who do want to live on the edge of technology, and if so they already know how much they are paying and what they are getting.
Fully agree with that. A number of people on this forum have said the have the iphone 11 and have purchased the iphone 12.

ClockMeister

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2015
DeLand, FL
Well I think you’re wrong I’ve got the 11 promax and I went for the 12 pro this time and I find it much better easy to handle nice in your hand able to type better clear screen put my Nana Apple care payment plan for just the 12 months case I break it will get it fixed then upgrade next year. Got $1000 trade in for mine so $699 for a phone I’m happy. My son got in early he got $1375 trading thank you mobile monster.
Hmm ... OK, I'll bite - how are you able to type better on the thing? You say the screen is clearer than the 11Pro Max?

Biglethal69

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2019
Australia
Hmm ... OK, I'll bite - how are you able to type better on the thing? You say the screen is clearer than the 11Pro Max?
Increase the font size or use zoom I thought it was going to be difficult to start with but I don’t find it any different what’s the weather now but it sits in my pocket so much easier it fits into the IQ charger in the car easier and if I do make a mistake typing it’s no more than I was on the 11 max I went cheaper on the 12 proTo wait for the extra features in the 13 my pay so much extra money for the 12 promax when the 12 is certainly sufficient and yes the screen is much clearer I can use it without my glasses the icons are clearer the fonts are clearer hope this answers your question the first three days I wanted to return it but now it’s like second nature my sister went from an 8+Two at 12 and loves it with a better screen clear and is able to use it much easier as well.

Reactions: ClockMeister

ClockMeister

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2015
DeLand, FL
Increase the font size or use zoom I thought it was going to be difficult to start with but I don’t find it any different what’s the weather now but it sits in my pocket so much easier it fits into the IQ charger in the car easier and if I do make a mistake typing it’s no more than I was on the 11 max I went cheaper on the 12 proTo wait for the extra features in the 13 my pay so much extra money for the 12 promax when the 12 is certainly sufficient and yes the screen is much clearer I can use it without my glasses the icons are clearer the fonts are clearer hope this answers your question the first three days I wanted to return it but now it’s like second nature my sister went from an 8+Two at 12 and loves it with a better screen clear and is able to use it much easier as well.
I can increase the font size on the 11Pro Plus. As for the size, I bought the Pro Plus because I wanted the slightly larger form-factor. As for the specs on the new device it just isn't enough of an upgrade to attract me right now. My 11 is also paid for ... I think I'll just stay put for awhile. Thanks. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.